Testing Centers in PA/NY

goldenboy514

Re: Testing Centers in PA/NY

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am

Jeffort wrote:
jaylawyer09 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I signed up without thinking and picked Swarthmore because it was close to my house.

Now i've read they have small desks and it costs 35 bucks to change test center to penn.

That can't be worth it.. can it?

Small desks? Shouldnt be a problem if you are not too big.

I would take a test center close to my house anyday. You can practice in the room before test day.

Small desks can be a significant problem if they are the really small ones not much bigger than the test booklet when it is closed, meaning that when open, one side of the booklet will hang off the desk and there is no room to keep the answer sheet beside the test book. These are typically those little flapper desks that flip up from beside the seats. Those ones really suck and can mess up test day since you have to keep juggling the answer sheet and test book.

This is Temple...bad experience

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Is Cornell any good? I'd take the test at my alma matter (Ithaca College) but the only test they don't proctor is the October sitting.

Thethoughtcounts176

Postby Thethoughtcounts176 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:15 pm

mkania wrote:Welp, I just signed up for Villanova since I live nearby. And of course on the testing day there is a home football game about 100 yards from the building....It is at 1:00pm

Serious question, am I allowed to stuff my ears with anything to dull noise.

Ok, good to know. Avoid Villanova and Temple Easy as they are a bit far from me anyway. I was going to say i was curious about cornell as well, but just remembered that Ithaca is super far too.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Pace is 180 for a NY test center.

Thethoughtcounts176

Postby Thethoughtcounts176 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 pm

mindarmed wrote:Pace is 180 for a NY test center.

Ok, true. Although, it seems to be a mixed bag depending on the room and proctor you get according to the reviews on it: http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site ... ation=3614

The last 5 reviews all say that you get very little desk space but the reviews before that say either just enough or more than enough. It seems like some rooms have large nice tables and others have those crappy tiny grade school desks.

And of course I am assuming you're referring to the NYC campus above.

Or are you referring to the Pleasantville campus (http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site ... ation=3174)? or the white plains pace law school test center (http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site ... ation=3184)?

Let me know which one you meant. I appreciate it.

Thethoughtcounts176

Postby Thethoughtcounts176 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 pm

mindarmed wrote:Pace is 180 for a NY test center.

Ok, I guess I'll just assume you meant the NYC Pace unless you respond otherwise. Although white plains has almost all really good reviews.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”