Exhaustion, how do I get ready these next 2 weeks?

Theopliske8711

Re: Exhaustion, how do I get ready these next 2 weeks?

Postby Theopliske8711 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm

This is pretty damn unprofessional of LSAC. They literally have thousands of students waiting and constantly checking on their emails and nothing.

beaver93

Postby beaver93 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm

My test is supposedly Saturday according to my testing center and still no word from LSAC.

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:This is pretty damn unprofessional of LSAC. They literally have thousands of students waiting and constantly checking on their emails and nothing.

+1.

chickenimue

Postby chickenimue » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 pm

beaver93, any chance you're in the Boston area, and if so, what center are you taking it at? I'm getting paranoid that my test has been rescheduled it for this Saturday and I haven't been notified. No one at the school (I've called five different offices) knows who's in charge of the test; according to their scheduling office, it happened as planned on Saturday (which, if true . . . yikes).

Sauer420

Postby Sauer420 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Strange, my admission ticket was updated either yesterday or today to change the testing location, but they didn’t change the date on it! I was scheduled to take the LSAT at University of Southern Maine last Saturday, but now the ticket states I’m taking it at Bowdoin College, still on Feb 9th (extra 30 minutes of driving for me).

I would really hope to have more than two days notice for the test. Last Friday was all planned out for me: I had requested the day off from work months in advance and had a massage scheduled. If the LSAT turns out to be this coming weekend then there’s no way I’ll be able to get Friday off to relax. Damn you blizzard! It’s also Presidents Day Weekend, so I’d imagine a lot of people had plans. I’m hoping it gets scheduled for February 23. However, wouldn't they want to reschedule all the tests for the same weekend so that they don't have to create multiple makeup tests?

beaver93

Postby beaver93 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:26 pm

chickenimue wrote:beaver93, any chance you're in the Boston area, and if so, what center are you taking it at? I'm getting paranoid that my test has been rescheduled it for this Saturday and I haven't been notified. No one at the school (I've called five different offices) knows who's in charge of the test; according to their scheduling office, it happened as planned on Saturday (which, if true . . . yikes).

No its in New York.

beaver93

Postby beaver93 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 pm

My admission ticket also has not been updated. What a mess.

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 pm

LSAC just sent me an email telling me that my test has been rescheduled for this Saturday. I find this to be pretty short notice! I haven't really been studying this week and have to work Thurs/Friday so I'm feeling pretty stressed out about how I'll perform on the test.

Sauer420

Postby Sauer420 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 pm

chickpea wrote:LSAC just sent me an email telling me that my test has been rescheduled for this Saturday. I find this to be pretty short notice! I haven't really been studying this week and have to work Thurs/Friday so I'm feeling pretty stressed out about how I'll perform on the test.

Me too! I'm very surprised they gave us this little notice. Now I'll be completely stressed out at work the day before the test, instead of at home chillin. Plus they changed my test center :evil:

I also just ordered three additional practice tests from Amazon on Tuesday, of which I guess I'll only get to use one.

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Sauer420 wrote:
chickpea wrote:LSAC just sent me an email telling me that my test has been rescheduled for this Saturday. I find this to be pretty short notice! I haven't really been studying this week and have to work Thurs/Friday so I'm feeling pretty stressed out about how I'll perform on the test.

Me too! I'm very surprised they gave us this little notice. Now I'll be completely stressed out at work the day before the test, instead of at home chillin. Plus they changed my test center :evil:

I also just ordered three additional practice tests from Amazon on Tuesday, of which I guess I'll only get to use one.

They changed my test center as well and it's really inconvenient for me to get there since I don't have a car. I also just printed off 8 more PTs of which I'll use a maximum of two. Soo annoying! At least this will all be over on Saturday. This my last time taking the LSAT, of that I am sure.

aresdude

Postby aresdude » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:20 am

----------
Last edited by aresdude on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theopliske8711

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm

I got the notice at 7PM last night and didn't read it till 9 (I was studying). So basically, I printed a bunch of tests and ordered some new drill books for nothing because LSAC couldn't get it's act together and send me a timely email. Needless to say, I've taken option 3. it's my first LSAT so I'm going to take a few more months of drilling and repetition before taking it.

PS: Take the June LSAT at no additional charge? WTF? Thanks, LSAC!

Sauer420

Postby Sauer420 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Sauer420 wrote:

It turns out I could have had an extra week of studying. I checked my email before I went to bed last night just to be sure there were no test issues, and there were not. I went to bed early since I was getting up early to warm up, not even thinking about checking my email again in the morning. But upon arriving at the test center, I was told that takers of the test who had their test centers switched should have received an email last night. The following email was sent at 9:30 P.M. Friday night:

Dear Candidate,

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Regarding make-up test as scheduled for Saturday, February 16, 2013

LSAC regrets to inform you that the materials have not arrived for the February 16, 2013 make-up test as scheduled due to the snow closure at the University of Southern Maine, Portland. Further information regarding an alternate make-up date will be sent to you on Tuesday, February 19, 2013.

Please accept our most sincere apology for this late notification.
Test Administration Group
LSAC

There were some no-shows so everyone who showed up was able to take a test (only 7 other people showed up from the other test center). I would have loved that extra week of study time, but not when I'm already at the test center, ready to go. I understand that mistakes can happen, but why wait until 9:30 to tell us? Did they not know this yesterday afternoon or evening?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”