LSAT February 2013 makeup test

myk02k
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 pm

LSAT February 2013 makeup test

Postby myk02k » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm

I am currently registered to take the LSAT this month at the Rutgers University - New Brunswick campus. The e-mail address I provided within my LSAC profile was outdated and expired, so now I'm worried that I won't receive any notification of when the makeup test will be administered. Does anyone know the date???

Also, does anyone have an idea what we're in for? With the February test already being undisclosed, I assume we'll receive something that's either slapped together last second by the LSAC or a previously administred test (unlikely given this might allow individuals with lesser morals a shot at attaining previously undisclosed exams). Could we receive an exam with the games in its traditional format with less room for diagramming?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: LSAT February 2013 makeup test

Postby TripTrip » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:10 pm

myk02k wrote:I assume we'll receive something that's either slapped together last second by the LSAC or a previously administred test (unlikely given this might allow individuals with lesser morals a shot at attaining previously undisclosed exams).

lol. No. You'll probably get the Sabbath observers test or an international test or some other standby test.

Remember: All LSATS were previously administered experimentals.

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: LSAT February 2013 makeup test

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:40 pm

TripTrip wrote:
myk02k wrote:I assume we'll receive something that's either slapped together last second by the LSAC or a previously administred test (unlikely given this might allow individuals with lesser morals a shot at attaining previously undisclosed exams).

lol. No. You'll probably get the Sabbath observers test or an international test or some other standby test.

Remember: All LSATS were previously administered experimentals.


+1

LSAC has explained that the reason they do not disclose February LSATs is so that they can save them "for emergencies and special uses." I believe this would include makeups due to inclement weather. You won't simply get something slapped together.

Since the February LSATs are not disclosed, I doubt that anyone, even those with lesser morals, would be able to acquire them in advance.

myk02k
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: LSAT February 2013 makeup test

Postby myk02k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 pm

I received an e-mail on Wednesday @ 5:30 pm stating that the makeup is scheduled for this Saturday. It's somewhat unprofessional of them to take 6 days from when they cancelled to announce a make-up 63 hours away. I assumed that since they were taking "a week" to notify us and that this weekend was a national holiday, they'd defer the LSAT until the 23rd.

What's worse is my friend who studies meteorology predicts another snow event for the 16th. American GFS, UKMET & Canadian GGEM weather models are indicative of 5-10 inches of snow within Central NJ. I'm sure many of you LSAT minds will argue that I'm unjustifyably appealing to one person's opinion where many other sources contradict his forecast, so let me explain. My friend's been blogging his storm forecasts for several years now and has successfully predicted major events with better accuracy than weather channels have. For instance, he wrote of this last storm capable of 12+ inches in our region 4 days beforehand, while weather forecasts predicted much less even on Thursday. He will be the first to admit that long-term weather models may change in time, but the high probability of such an event exists whether or not media outlets accept this information as accurate enough to publish.

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: LSAT February 2013 makeup test

Postby gobosox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm

myk02k wrote:I received an e-mail on Wednesday @ 5:30 pm stating that the makeup is scheduled for this Saturday. It's somewhat unprofessional of them to take 6 days from when they cancelled to announce a make-up 63 hours away. I assumed that since they were taking "a week" to notify us and that this weekend was a national holiday, they'd defer the LSAT until the 23rd.

What's worse is my friend who studies meteorology predicts another snow event for the 16th. American GFS, UKMET & Canadian GGEM weather models are indicative of 5-10 inches of snow within Central NJ. I'm sure many of you LSAT minds will argue that I'm unjustifyably appealing to one person's opinion where many other sources contradict his forecast, so let me explain. My friend's been blogging his storm forecasts for several years now and has successfully predicted major events with better accuracy than weather channels have. For instance, he wrote of this last storm capable of 12+ inches in our region 4 days beforehand, while weather forecasts predicted much less even on Thursday. He will be the first to admit that long-term weather models may change in time, but the high probability of such an event exists whether or not media outlets accept this information as accurate enough to publish.


Your point?

NJ won't get anything but rain this weekend-- they are talking about under an inch in Boston. Your friend should recheck his data.

As any studying LSAT mind knows, correlation of correct predictions with correct outcomes means nothing. Besides, it could be raining balls of fire and LSAC won't cancel the test. If you were ready last week, you'll be ready this week.

myk02k
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: LSAT February 2013 makeup test

Postby myk02k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 pm

gobosox wrote:
myk02k wrote:I received an e-mail on Wednesday @ 5:30 pm stating that the makeup is scheduled for this Saturday. It's somewhat unprofessional of them to take 6 days from when they cancelled to announce a make-up 63 hours away. I assumed that since they were taking "a week" to notify us and that this weekend was a national holiday, they'd defer the LSAT until the 23rd.

What's worse is my friend who studies meteorology predicts another snow event for the 16th. American GFS, UKMET & Canadian GGEM weather models are indicative of 5-10 inches of snow within Central NJ. I'm sure many of you LSAT minds will argue that I'm unjustifyably appealing to one person's opinion where many other sources contradict his forecast, so let me explain. My friend's been blogging his storm forecasts for several years now and has successfully predicted major events with better accuracy than weather channels have. For instance, he wrote of this last storm capable of 12+ inches in our region 4 days beforehand, while weather forecasts predicted much less even on Thursday. He will be the first to admit that long-term weather models may change in time, but the high probability of such an event exists whether or not media outlets accept this information as accurate enough to publish.


Your point?

NJ won't get anything but rain this weekend-- they are talking about under an inch in Boston. Your friend should recheck his data.

As any studying LSAT mind knows, correlation of correct predictions with correct outcomes means nothing. Besides, it could be raining balls of fire and LSAC won't cancel the test. If you were ready last week, you'll be ready this week.


I was ready last week and I'm ready this week. My point is that it seemed unlikely we were going to have the makeup exam this week. I'm hoping my friend is wrong about the snow for my sake of getting to the test center alive and on time. Nevertheless, there still remains a good chance of a snow event on Saturday. Whether we're looking at rain or 10 inches is not my place to predict.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pozzo and 4 guests