Blackstone: yay or nay?

Nicolena.

Blackstone: yay or nay?

Postby Nicolena. » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:15 pm

A law school recommended I take the Blackstone course to improve my score. Did anyone here take this prep course? What did you think?

I'm also reviewing the MLSAT books on my own. The class doesn't start until the end of this month.

AlanA0203

Re: Blackstone: yay or nay?

Postby AlanA0203 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 pm

If you're talking about Blackstone in Tampa/Orlando then I might be able to provide some insight. I took the course over a year ago and thought it was decent. One plus is that they offer private tutoring for $20 / hr. If ur New to the LSAT I would recommend Powerscore books or manhattan to start off and then look into getting a program like blueprint, velocity etc later on. Now this is assuming you have the motivation for self study, if not a live classroom course gives u good structure. all in all if you're gonna put down around $800 do some more research and come to your own conclusion.

Nicolena.

Re: Blackstone: yay or nay?

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I already took a Kaplan prep course last year. It really didn't do too much for me. The school I want to attend said I need 8 more points and then they will accept me this Fall. They recommended Blackstone in Tampa.

I already bought the Manhattan books this week, because the classes don't start until next month. I'm making my way through the Manhattan LSAT RC now, and its very thorough. I feel like I will already see a difference. Is this crazy to think I still have a shot for this fall?

AlanA0203 wrote:If you're talking about Blackstone in Tampa/Orlando then I might be able to provide some insight. I took the course over a year ago and thought it was decent. One plus is that they offer private tutoring for $20 / hr. If ur New to the LSAT I would recommend Powerscore books or manhattan to start off and then look into getting a program like blueprint, velocity etc later on. Now this is assuming you have the motivation for self study, if not a live classroom course gives u good structure. all in all if you're gonna put down around $800 do some more research and come to your own conclusion.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”