March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

ws81086n

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby ws81086n » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Below 173, but only b\c my GPA is very much lacking. Pretty much 50-50 as this point whether I got it. Really wish I felt better, but the real deal is fundamentally different from PT's--more nerves and harder to think. I was pleased that I didn't second-guess myself as much as I thought I would, though. Here's to a -11 curve...

bruin91

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby bruin91 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm predicting March 4 or 5
Last edited by bruin91 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OliveBC

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED) [New Poll]

Postby OliveBC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:03 pm

ws81086n wrote:Below 173, but only b\c my GPA is very much lacking. Pretty much 50-50 as this point whether I got it. Really wish I felt better, but the real deal is fundamentally different from PT's--more nerves and harder to think. I was pleased that I didn't second-guess myself as much as I thought I would, though. Here's to a -11 curve...

Yeah, I feel like I could've scored in such a wide range that I'm having a really hard time predicting a score. I was PTing mid 170s (173-5ish) with the highest ever being a 177. Lowest being 168/9 when I would run out of time on LG.

Day of the test LG felt easy and I finished with time to spare. Its the LR I'm worried about. I feel good, but usually when I miss questions on LR it's ones I didn't even think were hard, just made stupid mistakes on. So I'm afraid I could feel really good about it and still have missed a bunch of questions. Basically I feel like my score could vary a huge amount just based off how many dumb mistakes I made :(

This was my first time taking the test, but I almost couldn't imagine it having gone any smoother than it did. Which is why if I did really poorly, I wouldn't know where to begin prepping more/differently than I had been...

GAHHHHHHH the anticipation is killing me. Also if one more person asks me if I "passed" the lsat I am going to punch them

princeR

Postby princeR » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 pm

OliveBC wrote:
ws81086n wrote:Below 173, but only b\c my GPA is very much lacking. Pretty much 50-50 as this point whether I got it. Really wish I felt better, but the real deal is fundamentally different from PT's--more nerves and harder to think. I was pleased that I didn't second-guess myself as much as I thought I would, though. Here's to a -11 curve...

Yeah, I feel like I could've scored in such a wide range that I'm having a really hard time predicting a score. I was PTing mid 170s (173-5ish) with the highest ever being a 177. Lowest being 168/9 when I would run out of time on LG.

Day of the test LG felt easy and I finished with time to spare. Its the LR I'm worried about. I feel good, but usually when I miss questions on LR it's ones I didn't even think were hard, just made stupid mistakes on. So I'm afraid I could feel really good about it and still have missed a bunch of questions. Basically I feel like my score could vary a huge amount just based off how many dumb mistakes I made :(

This was my first time taking the test, but I almost couldn't imagine it having gone any smoother than it did. Which is why if I did really poorly, I wouldn't know where to begin prepping more/differently than I had been...

GAHHHHHHH the anticipation is killing me. Also if one more person asks me if I "passed" the lsat I am going to punch them

Our PT range was pretty similar, including the later part about your lowest range and it being due to time issues on LG. I was the exact same way on the most recent PT's, I believe on 68 I missed the last 4 due to running out of time. However, on test day the LG was surprisingly simple... I'm extremely worried that I overlooked something. No humble brag intended.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:14 pm

princeR wrote:
OliveBC wrote:

Our PT range was pretty similar, including the later part about your lowest range and it being due to time issues on LG. I was the exact same way on the most recent PT's, I believe on 68 I missed the last 4 due to running out of time. However, on test day the LG was surprisingly simple... I'm extremely worried that I overlooked something. No humble brag intended.

I know exactly what you mean! The LG all seemed super straightforward to me and now I'm worrying that I missed something...I guess we will find out in about 9 days :|

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

LG was indeed very easy. I think I could have missed as many as 2, which sucks, though I still have a decent shot at -1 or -0. I had a couple of Eureka moments within the last two minutes, and I've been wondering ever since if they were actually justified.

Instinctive

Postby Instinctive » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Another vote for being worried about overlooking something on LG.

As to my "number" for retaking...I feel like anything under a 175 should be retaken by me. I need to do a lot more research before deciding, as I know something like a 173 would be very good, but I need some serious scholarship money and want a top school. We'll see what happens after this week, when the score (hopefully) comes in...

Arcticlynx

Postby Arcticlynx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I’m going to retake, already decided that… Even if I were to get a high score, I know that I can improve by studying more. My impression of law school was a little different when I took the test two weeks ago.

1) I didn’t think that LSAT was all that important. I thought of all factors: GPA, Résumé, Recommendations, and Career Goals as relatively equivalent in importance. So sense I’m pretty good on all the other stuff, I really didn’t need anything more than a passible score and getting a high score wouldn’t necessarily help me. ME = WRONG!
2) Like the GRE, no one studies more than a month for the LSAT, because that would be ridiculous. So two weeks in the library and I’ll pretty much hit a plateau where I can’t really improve anymore. ME = WRONG!!
3) There’s really no practical advantage to going to a good T-25 school as opposed to a T-100 school. It’s all prestige anyway right, so why not just go to a lower ranked school sense we’ll all come out at the same level anyway. ME = WRONG!!!

Therefore even in the outside chance that I get a 168-170, I’ll be retaking because I can improve no matter what. I did feel really good about the test though, estimating 164.

TookDaBait

Postby TookDaBait » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 am

Anticipating 167-168. If I get over 169, I will be content and won't retake. Under 166, I will retake.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 am

Could be as little as 6 days from now you guys!!!

This may be the first time I'm actually HAPPY that it's midterms week. Hopefully studying and being busy will help the time fly :)

orubysoho

Postby orubysoho » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 am

I just want to say what a terrible experience I had at the make up. Not only was it ridiculous that we weren't informed of the rescheduled exam until the Wednesday night before the test (given all the other strict LSAC regulations), but one of the proctors in my room was beyond disrespectful. She talked for a good five minutes at the start of the first section with another proctor, she was walking around in her high heels the entire time (in a snow storm no less!), literally sounded as though she was tap dancing, and she kept eating, all I could hear was the sound of her food wrappers. Given the amount of time and money that test takers pour into preparing for the LSAT, I found this to be ironic and unacceptable. This was not her first time proctoring, either. It was a complete joke, and what's worse is you can't complain without LSAC holding up your score. I truly hope I never have to take this test again and that LSAC itself does not condone this type of behavior.

TheJanitor6203

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:27 pm

^ I had a similar experience during the first few minutes of the first section but then it ended, thank god.

I had a dream last night that I woke up to an LSAT score.. so knowing it wasn't going to actually happen, I still had to go to the LSAC website as soon as I woke up to check. No score. :(

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Love the "sometime in Feb" votes, but come on guys...

andy261

Postby andy261 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 pm

orubysoho wrote:I just want to say what a terrible experience I had at the make up. Not only was it ridiculous that we weren't informed of the rescheduled exam until the Wednesday night before the test (given all the other strict LSAC regulations), but one of the proctors in my room was beyond disrespectful. She talked for a good five minutes at the start of the first section with another proctor, she was walking around in her high heels the entire time (in a snow storm no less!), literally sounded as though she was tap dancing, and she kept eating, all I could hear was the sound of her food wrappers. Given the amount of time and money that test takers pour into preparing for the LSAT, I found this to be ironic and unacceptable. This was not her first time proctoring, either. It was a complete joke, and what's worse is you can't complain without LSAC holding up your score. I truly hope I never have to take this test again and that LSAC itself does not condone this type of behavior.

The first time I took the LSAT, the clock was broken and the lights were motion sensor so they would go out every 10 minutes. Also the guy next to me ran to the bathroom in the middle of one section and came back panting.

It sucks, but shit happens. Everyone should give themselves time to retake at least once no matter how prepared you think you are.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 pm

OliveBC wrote:Could be as little as 6 days from now you guys!!!

This may be the first time I'm actually HAPPY that it's midterms week. Hopefully studying and being busy will help the time fly :)

6 days? Seriously?

Can scores be emailed over the weekend?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 pm

jvsj wrote:
OliveBC wrote:Could be as little as 6 days from now you guys!!!

6 days? Seriously?

Can scores be emailed over the weekend?

We are overly optimistic ITT.

at least I am :D the power of positive thinking and whatnot.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:15 pm

I actually hadn't been taking into account the fact that way fewer people take the test in February. That might lessen the chance of delays, or make it more likely we get the scores sooner. Anyone know if there's a record of release dates out there?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 pm

ws81086n wrote:I actually hadn't been taking into account the fact that way fewer people take the test in February. That might lessen the chance of delays, or make it more likely we get the scores sooner. Anyone know if there's a record of release dates out there?

http://www.manhattanlsat.com/actual-score-release.cfm

Seems like were looking at most likely getting our scores 3ish days early. So assuming they will never send out scores on the weekends Monday the 4th would be my best guess.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Monday seems highly likely, but let's hope for this Friday!

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm

jvsj wrote:Monday seems highly likely, but let's hope for this Friday!

Oh trust me I will definitely be crossing my fingers for Friday!

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:48 pm

OliveBC wrote:
jvsj wrote:Monday seems highly likely, but let's hope for this Friday!

Oh trust me I will definitely be crossing my fingers for Friday!

That would be fucking awesome.

iditarod

Postby iditarod » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Is it confirmed that they won't release over the weekend?

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm

iditarod wrote:Is it confirmed that they won't release over the weekend?

I read in one of the waiting threads they had a saturday release date once. However, I doubt they will release on a Saturday just to get them out earlier. That would require them coming in and working on a Saturday. No matter how entitled we feel to our scores, people don't want nor should they work a Saturday for that. Be glad if it's Monday, the release date is March 6th. Considering that some people took their later (and are complaining about notice....because they weren't ready nor knew about they were rescheduling ahead of time, they got an extra week!!) I would say we will be lucky to get them before the 6th.

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 pm

orubysoho wrote:I just want to say what a terrible experience I had at the make up. Not only was it ridiculous that we weren't informed of the rescheduled exam until the Wednesday night before the test (given all the other strict LSAC regulations), but one of the proctors in my room was beyond disrespectful. She talked for a good five minutes at the start of the first section with another proctor, she was walking around in her high heels the entire time (in a snow storm no less!), literally sounded as though she was tap dancing, and she kept eating, all I could hear was the sound of her food wrappers. Given the amount of time and money that test takers pour into preparing for the LSAT, I found this to be ironic and unacceptable. This was not her first time proctoring, either. It was a complete joke, and what's worse is you can't complain without LSAC holding up your score. I truly hope I never have to take this test again and that LSAC itself does not condone this type of behavior.

The proctor decided to eat candy and wrinkle her wrappers in the middle of my RC section and then clean out her purse. I wanted to throw a pencil at her.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 pm

I spoke to an LSAC rep recently and she claimed that the makeups would not affect the report date. Lower volume probably explains why this is possible. For some reason I'm still pessimistic, but they're claiming we're on schedule.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”