Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
5
3%
March 1
10
5%
March 4
49
26%
March 5
46
24%
March 6
44
23%
March 7
8
4%
March 8
5
3%
March 11
2
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
22
12%
 
Total votes: 191

jwg6x6
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby jwg6x6 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 am

interesting question just came up:

how much would I pay to know my LSAT score right now?
What would be a realistic answer for you

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby finnandjake2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

jwg6x6 wrote:interesting question just came up:

how much would I pay to know my LSAT score right now?
What would be a realistic answer for you


$0. I've already spent enough money on this thing I can wait.

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby finnandjake2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 am

First LSAT dream for this test last night. 'twas weird. 168 was the number.

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby finnandjake2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 am

rebexness wrote:PSA: you probably want to keep boob gifs out of the On-Topics.


So I just noticed the Dec and Oct threads were off-topic but this one is not. My bad.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby OliveBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:48 am

I've had 3 dreams about getting my score and so far I've gotten a 190, and two 3000s.... :D

I almost wish I was dreaming that I got a score that was actually possible, because then I would just think it was a sign and could pretend I was psychic up until score release.

ws81086n
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby ws81086n » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

We need to liven this thread up a bit. Curve debate? Score projections? Anti-LSAC diatribes?

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby OliveBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 am

what time of day does LSAC usually email the scores?

I want to know if I'm going to be in class when I find out because depending how I do, that could be potentially awkward

Princess Consuela
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Princess Consuela » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 am

OliveBC wrote:I've had 3 dreams about getting my score and so far I've gotten a 190, and two 3000s.... :D

I almost wish I was dreaming that I got a score that was actually possible, because then I would just think it was a sign and could pretend I was psychic up until score release.


I have had several LSAT nightmares. In one of them, they tried a new games format so I had to guess on all of them and my proctor forgot to get us to sign our test booklets

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby OliveBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 am

Princess Consuela wrote:
OliveBC wrote:I've had 3 dreams about getting my score and so far I've gotten a 190, and two 3000s.... :D

I almost wish I was dreaming that I got a score that was actually possible, because then I would just think it was a sign and could pretend I was psychic up until score release.


I have had several LSAT nightmares. In one of them, they tried a new games format so I had to guess on all of them and my proctor forgot to get us to sign our test booklets


:shock: I would have woken up in a cold sweat. That really is a nightmare

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby gobosox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 am

facile princeps wrote:
nedstark1 wrote:
gobosox wrote:I feel like we should have had a makeup waiting thread. My lg was so incredibly easy, in part because I think a lot of them were older lgs which I've been much better at.

Are we looking at 20 days from the original test date or 20 days from the makeup date as a reliable target date?


That kills me to hear you say that because I'm usually a 0/-1 on LG, but this time around I would be happy with a -3. The last game in particular really froze me up, and I ended up guessing on 4 question. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one :( Any one else struggle with that LG section (on the makeup)?

Last game raped me. It caught me off guard because the first 3 were so easy. In retrospect, it could have been easy, too. It just had a lot more conditional logic and I got my contrapositives all screwed up. By the time I realized I did something wrong it was too late and I got unsettled. I may have missed up to 4 on that alone. Then that RC section felt tough to me. I may have done worse than my first try. If so, I shall accept my 162 or whatever.


That really makes me nervous that you guys think that... Maybe I flew through it too fast.

In reality, I got stuck on the 2nd game after mis-diagramming a rule. I was freaking out so went to the other sections (which I've never done in a practice test). With 5 minutes left, I came back and started over and finished the game with 2 minutes to spare-- just blew through it. But now I'm nervous. The last game was the defined grouping game right?

bruin91
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby bruin91 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:49 am

ws81086n wrote:We need to liven this thread up a bit. Curve debate? Score projections? Anti-LSAC diatribes?

+1

I'm going to stay away from personal projections. I tried that yesterday and I found that my range would be shifted 5 points down if one section is experimental over another. So you can see why I'm freaking out about the experimental. I'm shooting for a 168 so I'm hoping for the best.

Curve: -11.

Date of Release: March 5

LSAC: I'll pass for now, I'll feed on the other diatribes.

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby facile princeps » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 am

gobosox wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
nedstark1 wrote:
gobosox wrote:I feel like we should have had a makeup waiting thread. My lg was so incredibly easy, in part because I think a lot of them were older lgs which I've been much better at.

Are we looking at 20 days from the original test date or 20 days from the makeup date as a reliable target date?


That kills me to hear you say that because I'm usually a 0/-1 on LG, but this time around I would be happy with a -3. The last game in particular really froze me up, and I ended up guessing on 4 question. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one :( Any one else struggle with that LG section (on the makeup)?

Last game raped me. It caught me off guard because the first 3 were so easy. In retrospect, it could have been easy, too. It just had a lot more conditional logic and I got my contrapositives all screwed up. By the time I realized I did something wrong it was too late and I got unsettled. I may have missed up to 4 on that alone. Then that RC section felt tough to me. I may have done worse than my first try. If so, I shall accept my 162 or whatever.


That really makes me nervous that you guys think that... Maybe I flew through it too fast.

In reality, I got stuck on the 2nd game after mis-diagramming a rule. I was freaking out so went to the other sections (which I've never done in a practice test). With 5 minutes left, I came back and started over and finished the game with 2 minutes to spare-- just blew through it. But now I'm nervous. The last game was the defined grouping game right?

Yeah. You should be fine, though. If I didn't mess up on the rules and got myself all flustered, I think it would have been easy. This has happened to me on PTs before and the games weren't really difficult after figuring out my mistake(s). On test day I just didn't figure it out in time.

ws81086n
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby ws81086n » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am

bruin91 wrote:
ws81086n wrote:We need to liven this thread up a bit. Curve debate? Score projections? Anti-LSAC diatribes?

+1

I'm going to stay away from personal projections. I tried that yesterday and I found that my range would be shifted 5 points down if one section is experimental over another. So you can see why I'm freaking out about the experimental. I'm shooting for a 168 so I'm hoping for the best.

Curve: -11.

Date of Release: March 5

LSAC: I'll pass for now, I'll feed on the other diatribes.


I still don't know which one was experimental and it sucks. Would obviously not have this burden if it had been exp RC or LG.

Curve: Still sticking with -10, though I'm warmer to -11 than I was initially. -9 would suck, but I seriously doubt it will be that tight.

Release Date: After March 6.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby OliveBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

ws81086n wrote:
bruin91 wrote:
ws81086n wrote:We need to liven this thread up a bit. Curve debate? Score projections? Anti-LSAC diatribes?

+1

I'm going to stay away from personal projections. I tried that yesterday and I found that my range would be shifted 5 points down if one section is experimental over another. So you can see why I'm freaking out about the experimental. I'm shooting for a 168 so I'm hoping for the best.

Curve: -11.

Date of Release: March 5

LSAC: I'll pass for now, I'll feed on the other diatribes.


I still don't know which one was experimental and it sucks. Would obviously not have this burden if it had been exp RC or LG.

Curve: Still sticking with -10, though I'm warmer to -11 than I was initially. -9 would suck, but I seriously doubt it will be that tight.

Release Date: After March 6.


Don't say thiss!!!

I'm hoping for -11, but realistically -10.

Gunna be super optimistic and say March 4. But probably 5th or 6th

User avatar
Eberry
Posts: 12142
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Eberry » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am

finnandjake2 wrote:
rebexness wrote:PSA: you probably want to keep boob gifs out of the On-Topics.


Edited.

Why? I thought derp was fine in waiters threads. Last one I was in was not very on topic for a non lounge thread.


It is fine. You just need to be aware that guests will be able to see your taste in boobs without logging in first.

jvsj
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby jvsj » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 am

Curve for a 160 anyone?

iditarod
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby iditarod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

finnandjake2 wrote:First LSAT dream for this test last night. 'twas weird. 168 was the number.


Shit I had a 168 dream last night too.
Last edited by iditarod on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bruin91
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby bruin91 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am

jvsj wrote:Curve for a 160 anyone?


-26 so 75/101

jvsj
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby jvsj » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Cool. Thanks.

User avatar
Volunteer
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Volunteer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Anyone mind posting the WUSTL letter they sent out?

I just saw this. It says one of the top law schools, I invite you to apply, automatic fee waiver, if admitted automatically considered for scholarships, etc etc. I got basically the same letter from Wake as well except it says apply by March 15. I would assume both of their classes are nearly full for this cycle so I wonder what the chances are they won't ding me to make their profiles look more selective. Either way I won't decide until this score comes back.

nedstark1
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby nedstark1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

jwg6x6 wrote:interesting question just came up:

how much would I pay to know my LSAT score right now?
What would be a realistic answer for you


$50, without hesitation. Could probably convince myself to even go higher than that with the feeling that paying a (relatively) small sum would be well worth it to alleviate my anxiety for the next few weeks.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 pm

nedstark1 wrote:
jwg6x6 wrote:interesting question just came up:

how much would I pay to know my LSAT score right now?
What would be a realistic answer for you


$50, without hesitation. Could probably convince myself to even go higher than that with the feeling that paying a (relatively) small sum would be well worth it to alleviate my anxiety for the next few weeks.


I'd easily do $100, and it's not like I have a ton of money to spare. The waiting is KILLING me. :(

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby andy261 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
nedstark1 wrote:
jwg6x6 wrote:interesting question just came up:

how much would I pay to know my LSAT score right now?
What would be a realistic answer for you


$50, without hesitation. Could probably convince myself to even go higher than that with the feeling that paying a (relatively) small sum would be well worth it to alleviate my anxiety for the next few weeks.


I'd easily do $100, and it's not like I have a ton of money to spare. The waiting is KILLING me. :(

I'd probably go up to $100 too. I don't know why they don't offer this as a feature given their love of bleeding as much money out of us as possible.

User avatar
eav1277
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby eav1277 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 pm

I'd pay a 100 for sure but they'd have to include all the questions and answers. Undisclosed tests :(

totalgleek
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Feb Waiters

Postby totalgleek » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 pm

TheThriller wrote:LG 1 :D - :D - :D - :?:

LG 2: :D - :) - :) / :? - :|



hahha had to reply bc EXACTLY.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], BobBoblaw and 2 guests