Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
5
3%
March 1
10
5%
March 4
49
26%
March 5
46
24%
March 6
44
23%
March 7
8
4%
March 8
5
3%
March 11
2
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
22
12%
 
Total votes: 191

xjcsa
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby xjcsa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 am

Eli wrote:
Please don't forget there are a lot of people who really struggle to get a 160, and your post tends to put down the people who have to work to get into law school. This is the LSAT, after all - a good score is a good score is a good score. Congratulations that you did so well, but remember the difference between a 176 and a 180 is so small that nobody really cares. If your app is strong, you'll get your full ride on your own merit, not on that 4-point difference.

...This forum is depressing. We need gifs.


Sorry if my post was in any way hurtful to anyone; it wasn't meant that way. I'm a relative newcomer to all of this; I didn't even start thinking about law school or the LSAT until about December. If it's any consolation, my UG GPA was rather mediocre, so a top-notch LSAT score is really the only thing that will open the door for me if I decide I want to go the law school route (I just won't do it if it means $100k-plus of debt).

Anyway thanks for the congrats; hopefully I'm not just overconfident. :?

User avatar
Eli
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Eli » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 am

I hope not, too! And I'm wondering, realistically, how much are they going to weigh your uGPA? You've been out of school for a while, right?

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby andy261 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 am

Eli wrote:I hope not, too! And I'm wondering, realistically, how much are they going to weigh your uGPA? You've been out of school for a while, right?

As far as law school goes, you never outgrow your UGPA. UGPA and LSAT are two of the biggest factors in USWNR rankings and therefore in schools' admission decisions.
Last edited by andy261 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

xjcsa
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby xjcsa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 am

Eli wrote:I hope not, too! And I'm wondering, realistically, how much are they going to weigh your uGPA? You've been out of school for a while, right?


True enough. Pushing 16 years since I finished UG. 3.49.

User avatar
Eli
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Eli » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 am

I don't know, xj, you still have a lot of wiggle room. 3.5 isn't bad, and after 16 years you've collected all kinds of sights and sounds (and pure baggage) that make you a completely different person than that 20-year-old kid. You can play that up a lot, whereas a UG senior will have a harder time sounding genuine that he's really changed since his grades tanked that semester two years ago. Being nontraditional, you have the potentional to be a really interesting candidate. That's a huge opportunity for you.

Seriously, no gifs? SOMEONE FIX THIS

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby finnandjake2 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 am

Image

User avatar
2x2Matrix
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby 2x2Matrix » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am

Normalizing for grade inflation, a 3.49 from 16 years ago is probably comparable to a 3.7 or 3.8 now.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am

Hi. I am currently a 1L at a T14 law school and I would like to introduce myself. I am looking for a fun, laid back 0L girlfriend. If you are interested please PM me.

User avatar
princeR
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby princeR » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tom Joad wrote:Hi. I am currently a 1L at a T14 law school and I would like to introduce myself. I am looking for a fun, laid back 0L girlfriend. If you are interested please PM me.

Hi there!

My name is Becky and I'm a fun-loving 0L only interested in t-14 boys. I'm also bilingual (this means you've taken it in both holes right?)

User avatar
Zoomie
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Zoomie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:45 am

dusters wrote:No pic whoring yet? February is way tamer than October so far :P


Wayyyyyy tamer. Borderline boring.

User avatar
TheJanitor6203
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am

In my quest to make this thread more fun I found this.. and I really want to know how he got in there...
Image

User avatar
TheJanitor6203
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 am

This definately makes this thread better..

DELETED

User avatar
Huck_Ziegler
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Janitor, you are an inspiration to us all. Huzzah to you. Less LSAT, more distractions!

User avatar
TheJanitor6203
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Some people when they get their LSAT score..

DELETED

Other people when they get theirs..

DELETED

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:In my quest to make this thread more fun I found this.. and I really want to know how he got in there...
Image


This is actually my exact response to the 1L above.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheThriller » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:53 pm

hes not really a 1L

User avatar
Huck_Ziegler
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 pm

TheThriller wrote:hes not really a 1L


Because he is really a Nigerian Prince that needs to use your bank account to transfer some funds to the States?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Huck_Ziegler wrote:
TheThriller wrote:hes not really a 1L


Because he is really a Nigerian Prince that needs to use your bank account to transfer some funds to the States?


And here I thought he was just sent to inform me of the $800M I inherited from my great aunt Mildred.

I was going to put "1L" in quotes (..like so), but I assumed someone would misinterpret me and point out that 1Ls are real things. You can't win. :wink:

User avatar
Huck_Ziegler
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
Huck_Ziegler wrote:
TheThriller wrote:hes not really a 1L


Because he is really a Nigerian Prince that needs to use your bank account to transfer some funds to the States?


And here I thought he was just sent to inform me of the $800M I inherited from my great aunt Mildred.

I was going to put "1L" in quotes (..like so), but I assumed someone would misinterpret me and point out that 1Ls are real things. You can't win. :wink:


Perhaps he was both. I'm heard some things about your great Aunt Millie, 3 cases of gin, a Victorola, a deputy Prime Minister from Swaziland, and a maltempered goat.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Huck_Ziegler wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
Huck_Ziegler wrote:
TheThriller wrote:hes not really a 1L


Because he is really a Nigerian Prince that needs to use your bank account to transfer some funds to the States?


And here I thought he was just sent to inform me of the $800M I inherited from my great aunt Mildred.

I was going to put "1L" in quotes (..like so), but I assumed someone would misinterpret me and point out that 1Ls are real things. You can't win. :wink:


Perhaps he was both. I'm heard some things about your great Aunt Millie, 3 cases of gin, a Victorola, a deputy Prime Minister from Swaziland, and a maltempered goat.


Libel! It was Zimbabwe.

User avatar
MS415
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby MS415 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Are there any sane Feb waiters left?

GreatWhiteNorth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby GreatWhiteNorth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Anybody else get a waiver from William & Mary today?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby 3|ink » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:DELETED

Is that from DELETED?

User avatar
lawl92
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby lawl92 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

GreatWhiteNorth wrote:Anybody else get a waiver from William & Mary today?



I did.

User avatar
TheJanitor6203
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

DELETED
Lol, no. I just googled "gifs" and clicked the first link.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests