March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

TheJanitor6203

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:46 pm

poiu wrote:More interesting prep question: how much prep did everyone do for the writing sample? :lol:

I read the prompt for the first PT I took and then did literally nothing else.

I did the same thing.

2x2Matrix

Postby 2x2Matrix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:08 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:
poiu wrote:More interesting prep question: how much prep did everyone do for the writing sample? :lol:

I read the prompt for the first PT I took and then did literally nothing else.

I did the same thing.

I read this the night before and did it
http://lsattips.blogspot.ca/2008/11/eas ... iting.html

StarboyTX

Postby StarboyTX » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Aequitas_ wrote:For those who had RC-LR-LG-LG-LR do any of you know which of the two was the experimental? Second one seemed much harder.

I had:

RC-LR-LG-LG-LR

1st LG - :) :) :) :shock:
2nd LG - :) :) :) :)

Personally, I think the first section was experimental because of game 4. However, I did think the other 7 games in the test were VERY easy, so it's hard to say with certainty.

xjcsa

Postby xjcsa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm

StarboyTX wrote:
Aequitas_ wrote:For those who had RC-LR-LG-LG-LR do any of you know which of the two was the experimental? Second one seemed much harder.

I had:

RC-LR-LG-LG-LR

1st LG - :) :) :) :shock:
2nd LG - :) :) :) :)

Personally, I think the first section was experimental because of game 4. However, I did think the other 7 games in the test were VERY easy, so it's hard to say with certainty.

I only had one LG section, but my experience mirrors your 1st LG section.

Jules176

Postby Jules176 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I am glad that I only had one LG but it was my last section and my brain was fried by that time. I'm fairly confident I bombed the LG. Unlike many others on this site, though, I felt both RCs and LRs were pretty easy. All the "what ifs" in my head are making me anxious. I was nowhere near as nervous before the test as I am now. My husband took the LSAT 20 years ago and it helps that he understands but he said waiting to see if you pass the bar is even worse. Greeeaaaat. I quit drinking last year but I have found myself dipping into the wine since Saturday. :?

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Jules176 wrote:I am glad that I only had one LG but it was my last section and my brain was fried by that time. I'm fairly confident I bombed the LG. Unlike many others on this site, though, I felt both RCs and LRs were pretty easy. All the "what ifs" in my head are making me anxious. I was nowhere near as nervous before the test as I am now. My husband took the LSAT 20 years ago and it helps that he understands but he said waiting to see if you pass the bar is even worse. Greeeaaaat. I quit drinking last year but I have found myself dipping into the wine since Saturday. :?

Are you dating well outside of your age range, or are you a non-traditional applicant? (read non-traditional applicant as "also old")

Jules176

Postby Jules176 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Jules176 wrote:I am glad that I only had one LG but it was my last section and my brain was fried by that time. I'm fairly confident I bombed the LG. Unlike many others on this site, though, I felt both RCs and LRs were pretty easy. All the "what ifs" in my head are making me anxious. I was nowhere near as nervous before the test as I am now. My husband took the LSAT 20 years ago and it helps that he understands but he said waiting to see if you pass the bar is even worse. Greeeaaaat. I quit drinking last year but I have found myself dipping into the wine since Saturday. :?

Are you dating well outside of your age range, or are you a non-traditional applicant? (read non-traditional applicant as "also old")

Both, kind of. My husband is 6 years older plus he skipped 2 grades in elementary school, earned his undergrad in 3 years and his law degree in 2 - so it makes it seem worse than it really is. I am also a non-traditional applicant (37 y/o.)

Jules176

Re: Feb Waiters

Postby Jules176 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:Are you peeps applying for fall admission this late in the game since apps are so down?

All the schools that I had listed on my LSAC profile whose deadlines were March 1 and earlier offered me an extension since we're not going to get results until March 6 (ish.)

Eli

Postby Eli » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Huck_Ziegler wrote:
xjcsa wrote:OK, how about another non-LSAT-question-specific topic to occupy our wait time: how many hours/weeks did you spend studying? How many prep tests did you take?

I'm definitely out of the mainstream here in that I'm old (37) and I'm very much on the fence about attending law school (probably only if I can swing a full-tuition scholarship), but decided to take the LSAT and see how things went. Probably should have studied more - and meant to - but life got busy and I just didn't make it a priority, so my answer to my own question is that I took the "official free" prep test, cold, in December, and answered a few LG questions from the same PT the morning of the test, and, well, that was my prep.

Flame suit on. :?

Anybody that is going to flame you for not studying enough has no place here. This is and ought to be stress free place where torture victims LSAT takers can bond over shared hardship and impending doom. Come let us toast the beginning of Spring, the renewal of hope, and the return of baseball.

I took about a half dozen complete tests (minus the pointless writing section), but otherwise worked through 3 books of 10, actual, official LSAT.

Huck's right, no one can judge you - everyone's different. How much you study depends on how much you need to study. Personally, I took over 40 PTs, half of them twice, all of them timed, plus every LG ever - why, you ask? Because 1) I obviously have no job, 2) I obviously have no life, 3) I'm an idiot and actually needed that much prep.

But best of luck to you - after all, your test might turn out better than you think.

Eli

Postby Eli » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Jules176 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:Are you peeps applying for fall admission this late in the game since apps are so down?

All the schools that I had listed on my LSAC profile whose deadlines were March 1 and earlier offered me an extension since we're not going to get results until March 6 (ish.)

Nifty! Did they e-mail you or what?

Jules176

Postby Jules176 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Eli wrote:
Jules176 wrote:

Yes, they emailed the extensions (and a few waivers) to me.

TheJanitor6203

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm not even applying this year but in the past week I've received emails from probably 5 different schools giving me fee waivers and informing me that they're extending deadlines and I don't even have a LSAT on file. These were all T2 and below of course.

2x2Matrix

Postby 2x2Matrix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Same boat as Janitor. I'm not going to apply until next year. Just wanted a score before graduating cuz I didn't want to be studying while working.

Eli

Postby Eli » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Jules176 wrote:
Eli wrote:
Jules176 wrote:

Yes, they emailed the extensions (and a few waivers) to me.

..oh. Well good for you, at least!

Say, anyone want to help a brother out and read a PS? And by brother I mean sister. Who is not related to you.

TheJanitor6203

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 pm

[/quote]

..oh. Well good for you, at least!

Say, anyone want to help a brother out and read a PS? And by brother I mean sister. Who is not related to you.[/quote]
I can help a brother out. And by brother I mean you. My email is
Last edited by TheJanitor6203 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eli

Postby Eli » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks, Janitor, sending it your way. Tear it to shreds..

mg7

Postby mg7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:I can help a brother out. And by brother I mean you. My email is ....

I would recommend not putting your email on a public forum like this. Use PMs instead.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Since Saturday I've just been having weird dreams related to questions from the LSAT, March couldn't come soon enough.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:15 pm

I had a brief dream last night in which I was doing LG, but with a catch. The elements were actual people, and I was constructing hypotheticals by directing them into different groups live and in-person. Wish I remembered more specifics, but it's still pretty trippy.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm

Last night I had a weird dream I was administering the LSAT, and putting the test together myself. Half of the sections were like.. incomplete PDFs of readings from my classes, with lots of pictures. As I said, weird.

Wonder when the LSAT dreaming will stop..

xjcsa

Postby xjcsa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Eli wrote:
Huck_Ziegler wrote:
xjcsa wrote:OK, how about another non-LSAT-question-specific topic to occupy our wait time: how many hours/weeks did you spend studying? How many prep tests did you take?

I'm definitely out of the mainstream here in that I'm old (37) and I'm very much on the fence about attending law school (probably only if I can swing a full-tuition scholarship), but decided to take the LSAT and see how things went. Probably should have studied more - and meant to - but life got busy and I just didn't make it a priority, so my answer to my own question is that I took the "official free" prep test, cold, in December, and answered a few LG questions from the same PT the morning of the test, and, well, that was my prep.

Anybody that is going to flame you for not studying enough has no place here. This is and ought to be stress free place where torture victims LSAT takers can bond over shared hardship and impending doom. Come let us toast the beginning of Spring, the renewal of hope, and the return of baseball.

I took about a half dozen complete tests (minus the pointless writing section), but otherwise worked through 3 books of 10, actual, official LSAT.

Huck's right, no one can judge you - everyone's different. How much you study depends on how much you need to study. Personally, I took over 40 PTs, half of them twice, all of them timed, plus every LG ever - why, you ask? Because 1) I obviously have no job, 2) I obviously have no life, 3) I'm an idiot and actually needed that much prep.

But best of luck to you - after all, your test might turn out better than you think.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I think doing some serious prep might have helped on the final LG game, which hung me up a bit; I wound up having to blindly guess at the last question as time ran out after having made great time on the first three games. Unless I got lucky, I probably went -2 on the LG section. I'm thinking -0 to -3 on the rest of the test combined, so probably -2 to -5 overall, with an outside shot at -1 but also a possibility of -7 or -8 if I had a bonehead error or two somewhere.

So I'll have a good score - 170-plus for sure, and my best guess is ~176 - but doing some prep might have given me a more realistic shot at a 180. But I'll know for sure in a few weeks :)

dusters

Postby dusters » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:04 pm

No pic whoring yet? February is way tamer than October so far :P

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm

dusters wrote:No pic whoring yet? February is way tamer than October so far :P

Shoulda seen the June Waiters.

TERS

Postby TERS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:42 pm

June Waiters shames this

Eli

Postby Eli » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:07 am

xjcsa wrote:
Eli wrote:
Huck_Ziegler wrote:

Thanks for the kind words :)

I think doing some serious prep might have helped on the final LG game, which hung me up a bit; I wound up having to blindly guess at the last question as time ran out after having made great time on the first three games. Unless I got lucky, I probably went -2 on the LG section. I'm thinking -0 to -3 on the rest of the test combined, so probably -2 to -5 overall, with an outside shot at -1 but also a possibility of -7 or -8 if I had a bonehead error or two somewhere.

So I'll have a good score - 170-plus for sure, and my best guess is ~176 - but doing some prep might have given me a more realistic shot at a 180. But I'll know for sure in a few weeks :)

Please don't forget there are a lot of people who really struggle to get a 160, and your post tends to put down the people who have to work to get into law school. This is the LSAT, after all - a good score is a good score is a good score. Congratulations that you did so well, but remember the difference between a 176 and a 180 is so small that nobody really cares. If your app is strong, you'll get your full ride on your own merit, not on that 4-point difference.

...This forum is depressing. We need gifs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”