March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

gronk

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Postby gronk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 am

ws81086n wrote:
eav1277 wrote:I
princeR wrote:Now its starting to sink in that I wont actually get to see my test... There's a couple of questions I would really love to know the answer to right away.

I agree.

Also, I don't know how I am going to wait several weeks for my score. I'm dying right now :( They should really use computer testing centers and use instant scoring (at least a range initially). I think the GRE gives you a range, right?

GRE gives you your actual score on the spot. I have no idea how I'm going to wait this long either.

Wow that's amazing.

GRE scores are given on the spot, LSAT scores take nearly a month to score. Which of the following, if true best accounts for the discrepancy.

A) LSAC enjoys the power they hold over you
B) LSAC is behind the times
C) LSAC is purposely being c*nty
D) LSAC is purposely understaffed to achieve a higher profit margin
E) LSAC wants your file to be reviewed last at the law schools you've applied to

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:30 am

Where's the all of the above option. Lol. Jk lsac we love you Please send us our scores early :0

Jcastro1

Postby Jcastro1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:31 am

Who are these 18 people who think there will be a -7 curve. The test wasn't as difficult as PT68 or some recent ones, but it wasn't that easy either.

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:40 am

Ppl who didn't take the test and are trying to mess with us...or at least that's what I'm hoping and praying is the case. A -7 curve would be brutal :(

I finally felt good/decent about LG's this test but i felt the LR sections were more difficult/wordier than expected or I just had a bad day :(

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:03 am

I literally have more anxiety now waiting for my score than I had before I took the test.

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am

OliveBC wrote:I literally have more anxiety now waiting for my score than I had before I took the test.

Relax or you'll be a basket case in the next few weeks. They may be out early but I wouldn't count on it since the northeast test takers were deferred and they will probably release scores on the same day. October wait was horrible, scores were a day after the release date. Talk about being neurotic!

perplexedconfused

Postby perplexedconfused » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:05 pm

finnandjake2 wrote:What I found weird about my test center was the fact that I was the only person out of 9 that had an analog watch with them.

Same at my test center!! How could they take it without an watch!? Someone even asked the proctor if he would update the time every 10 minutes, which he did, which was annoying... I thought they were only supposed to give a 5 minute warning?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:23 pm

I decided to take mine without a watch.
I always finished the LR and RC sections with about 9-10 minutes left on my PTs, so I wasn't worried about time for those sections. The LG is what I feared running out of time on, because I ususally finished my PTs RIGHT on time, but I felt like if I took a watch I'd spend valuable time checking it and worrying that I should have just devoted to working on the games instead.

Huck_Ziegler

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I lack any confidence to project my own performance, but even if I had such capacity, I would sooner attempt self-amputation than tempt fate. I am serious considering that that the delay in scoring is due to a sizable donation to LSAC from GlaxoSmithKline, the makers of Tums, so that they might profit on our agita.

Today's 5 minute diversion: Ponies in sweaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfaRtzDNePc

Huck_Ziegler

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm

OliveBC wrote:I decided to take mine without a watch.
I always finished the LR and RC sections with about 9-10 minutes left on my PTs, so I wasn't worried about time for those sections. The LG is what I feared running out of time on, because I ususally finished my PTs RIGHT on time, but I felt like if I took a watch I'd spend valuable time checking it and worrying that I should have just devoted to working on the games instead.

Yeah, I didn't use watch either. I don't know that it is actually all that helpful. My reasoning was that the best case a watch's utility would be that I would look up see that I had 15 mins remaining and know that I needed to go faster. But at what point during the LSAT does anyone feel like they aren't going as fast as they can while maintaining near perfect accuracy? So, I became convinced that all watch would do is distract me and encourage me to be less accurate. Honestly, I would prefer to take the test with only a 30 second warning (enough to blind bubble any questions that I am not going to reach).

2x2Matrix

Postby 2x2Matrix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I find a watch useful for controlling pace, not just knowing when to speed up.

In LG, if I do my first 2 games in 10 minutes, I know I can be a lot more careful with the next 2 games. I would rather do that than to continue blasting through, finish with 10 mins to spare, and end up losing a point.

In LR, if I do 15 in 15, same thing. I know I can be a bit more cautious 16-22 and I prefer to do that than to finish with 5 mins to spare and then go back and re-reason through the questions I wasn't sure of.

I did do my LSATs without an eraser though... (unintentionally)

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:28 pm

2x2Matrix wrote:I find a watch useful for controlling pace, not just knowing when to speed up.

In LG, if I do my first 2 games in 10 minutes, I know I can be a lot more careful with the next 2 games. I would rather do that than to continue blasting through, finish with 10 mins to spare, and end up losing a point.

In LR, if I do 15 in 15, same thing. I know I can be a bit more cautious 16-22 and I prefer to do that than to finish with 5 mins to spare and then go back and re-reason through the questions I wasn't sure of.

If I end up having to retake then this may be my strategy, fingers crossed that is not the case!!
I find that whether I use a watch or not I always end up missing a few LR questions for dumb reasons WITH OUT FAIL. so frustrating

I just want my score so I can start blowing up mylsn.info
...not that I'm not already doing that with the entire hypothetical score range I think I might have gotten :D

poiu

Postby poiu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 pm

I intentionally didn't use a watch because my PT scores JUMPED a huge amount and stayed that way immediately after I stopped using one. The best explanation I have is that I could see what large amounts of time I had remaining (I was always very fast at LR & RC) and it was causing me to take the questions less seriously.

I actually misunderstood the proctoring explanation and thought they were going to call time remaining every five minutes, and not just at the last five, and I was worried it was gonna cause my score to fall back down again.

Huck_Ziegler

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm

2x2Matrix wrote:I find a watch useful for controlling pace, not just knowing when to speed up.

Different strokes for different folks.

I would find knowing that I had more time even more disconcerting. First, because I would be concerned that I had missed some of the earlier ones, and second, that I might then spend significantly more time per question on the latter part and not finish in time. I actually took several sections with a clock counting up, and I thought that was fairly helpful. It meant that I was working through every problem on the test (rather than the easy 1st ten), and it gave me an idea of the time that I needed to shave off.

Sorry to hear about the eraser, but perhaps you didn't need it.

xjcsa

Postby xjcsa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm

OK, how about another non-LSAT-question-specific topic to occupy our wait time: how many hours/weeks did you spend studying? How many prep tests did you take?

I'm definitely out of the mainstream here in that I'm old (37) and I'm very much on the fence about attending law school (probably only if I can swing a full-tuition scholarship), but decided to take the LSAT and see how things went. Probably should have studied more - and meant to - but life got busy and I just didn't make it a priority, so my answer to my own question is that I took the "official free" prep test, cold, in December, and answered a few LG questions from the same PT the morning of the test, and, well, that was my prep.

Flame suit on. :?

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Just spoke to an LSAC rep and she said that the score reports of the people who took the test on Saturday would not be affected by the cancellations/make ups. We're on schedule as planned.

Ambitious1

Postby Ambitious1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:36 pm

For those that had that had the LR(26) RC (27) LR (25) LR (25) LG (23) format as I did, I'm starting to become very wary of the fact that the 1st LR probably wasn't the experimental. That would make me very sad.

JDot

Postby JDot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:For those that had that had the LR(26) RC (27) LR (25) LR (25) LG (23) format as I did, I'm starting to become very wary of the fact that the 1st LR probably wasn't the experimental. That would make me very sad.

Same, however it did feel very different than most other LRs so I'm hoping it felt like that because it WAS the experimental.

canstudent12345

Postby canstudent12345 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm

JDot wrote:
Ambitious1 wrote:For those that had that had the LR(26) RC (27) LR (25) LR (25) LG (23) format as I did, I'm starting to become very wary of the fact that the 1st LR probably wasn't the experimental. That would make me very sad.

Same, however it did feel very different than most other LRs so I'm hoping it felt like that because it WAS the experimental.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has it not already been proven that your first 26 was an official one as there were tests that had 26-25-26? Or by first do you mean first of the 25's?

Aequitas_

Postby Aequitas_ » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm

For those who had RC-LR-LG-LG-LR do any of you know which of the two was the experimental? Second one seemed much harder.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 pm

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:56 pm

ws81086n wrote:Just spoke to an LSAC rep and she said that the score reports of the people who took the test on Saturday would not be affected by the cancellations/make ups. We're on schedule as planned.

YESSS such good news thanks for posting this!

As for xjcsa's question about studying:

I started studying around August of this year, but extremely sporadically up until October /November when I was really on top of it. Slacked in December (holiday season,what can I say) and then got back into it for January.

I've taken probably 20-30 PTs. But the majority were untimed or done by section not all in one sitting. I only took 5 real conditions timed tests, which is why I am amazed I finished all the sections on time/early on Saturday. LR and RC have always been really fast for me but LG I was worried about.

2x2Matrix

Postby 2x2Matrix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

I tried to get the LSATs over with as quickly as possible and did 5 weeks of studying and wrote Oct. That didn't quite work out as I wanted, so I restarted studying after finals were over in Dec and put in about 8 weeks for the Feb test.

Huck_Ziegler

Postby Huck_Ziegler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

xjcsa wrote:OK, how about another non-LSAT-question-specific topic to occupy our wait time: how many hours/weeks did you spend studying? How many prep tests did you take?

I'm definitely out of the mainstream here in that I'm old (37) and I'm very much on the fence about attending law school (probably only if I can swing a full-tuition scholarship), but decided to take the LSAT and see how things went. Probably should have studied more - and meant to - but life got busy and I just didn't make it a priority, so my answer to my own question is that I took the "official free" prep test, cold, in December, and answered a few LG questions from the same PT the morning of the test, and, well, that was my prep.

Flame suit on. :?

Anybody that is going to flame you for not studying enough has no place here. This is and ought to be stress free place where torture victims LSAT takers can bond over shared hardship and impending doom. Come let us toast the beginning of Spring, the renewal of hope, and the return of baseball.

I took about a half dozen complete tests (minus the pointless writing section), but otherwise worked through 3 books of 10, actual, official LSAT.

poiu

Postby poiu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

More interesting prep question: how much prep did everyone do for the writing sample? :lol:

I read the prompt for the first PT I took and then did literally nothing else.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”