Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
5
3%
March 1
10
5%
March 4
49
26%
March 5
46
24%
March 6
44
23%
March 7
8
4%
March 8
5
3%
March 11
2
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
22
12%
 
Total votes: 191

Sgttpc
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby Sgttpc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks for the info. I have gone back and forth on a retake, which I am considering. I am applying with my lower score, and they will give me $$ if I get in the mid 150's. I'm not concerned with doing worse, so it's not a bad idea. It's just difficult to study and commit the time needed while still working full time. My current position is demanding and unless I take a ton of leave, which is difficult to get, it's not worth it to put partial effort out. I agree the tests will be difficult, but I am a very good student, and this will be my only focus, so I am confident I can be in e top 15% or better.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:07 pm

So, when does this thread get locked?

samplekid
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby samplekid » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:13 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:So, when does this thread get locked?

Why does it matter to you?

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby Clearly » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Sgttpc wrote:Thanks for the info. I have gone back and forth on a retake, which I am considering. I am applying with my lower score, and they will give me $$ if I get in the mid 150's. I'm not concerned with doing worse, so it's not a bad idea. It's just difficult to study and commit the time needed while still working full time. My current position is demanding and unless I take a ton of leave, which is difficult to get, it's not worth it to put partial effort out. I agree the tests will be difficult, but I am a very good student, and this will be my only focus, so I am confident I can be in e top 15% or better.

Please avoid this line of thinking. It's simply flawed. Everyone going in has the same idea as you, but for 85% of you, it won't be reality. It's simply not prudent to assume anything but median.

l0g0s
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby l0g0s » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Sgttpc wrote: so I am confident I can be in e top 15% or better.

I should also emphasize the may part of the "you may get a scholarship." Schools give you money to get you to come to their school, or to get you to stay. In my state, for example, there is essentially one law school, and everyone who practices here went there. They don't care if you're #1 in the class, they're not giving you a scholarship once you're here. If you want to practice in my state, you'll stay at the school, and if you don't you'll transfer (which they don't care about, it doesn't affect their rankings). So:

1. Don't take for granted that you'll be at the top of your class. And,
2. Don't take for granted that your school will give you money even if you are. (And take any statements to the contrary that come from admissions officials with a huge grain of salt. They are not accountable to you after you enroll.)

l0g0s
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby l0g0s » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:04 pm

samplekid wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:So, when does this thread get locked?

Why does it matter to you?

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby North » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:23 am

l0g0s wrote:
samplekid wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:So, when does this thread get locked?

Why does it matter to you?

You guys are prickly as fuck ITT.

User avatar
eav1277
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 am

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby eav1277 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 am

what does prickly mean? Never really heard that used in this context

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby North » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:31 am

Ornery, pettily combative, that kind of thing.

User avatar
eav1277
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 am

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby eav1277 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am

That's what i figured. Just hadn't heard anyone use it outsides of plants, etc

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby North » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 am

eav1277 wrote:That's what i figured. Just hadn't heard anyone use it outsides of plants, etc

Thanks for not being a
Image
like the rest of ITT.

User avatar
Eberry
Posts: 12185
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby Eberry » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

l0g0s wrote:
samplekid wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:So, when does this thread get locked?

Why does it matter to you?

Yeah, what do you care, bro?!?!

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 pm

I care because this is by far the most boring, eventless waiters thread I've ever seen on TLS. I tagged it the day scores were supposed to drop so that I could let me friend know when to check her email, and now this pathetic thread bumps to the top of my "View My Posts" list every now and then.

Sometimes I click on it out of pity, and then immediately wish I hadn't.

User avatar
Eberry
Posts: 12185
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby Eberry » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I care because this is by far the most boring, eventless waiters thread I've ever seen on TLS. I tagged it the day scores were supposed to drop so that I could let me friend know when to check her email, and now this pathetic thread bumps to the top of my "View My Posts" list every now and then.

Sometimes I click on it out of pity, and then immediately wish I hadn't.

This was pretty dull. I wonder if most Feb. waiting threads are sub-par or if this was an anomaly.

User avatar
tehkris
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Re: Feb Waiters

Postby tehkris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:01 am

TUICE wrote:
PickMe! wrote:I'm trying to boost $$$.


+1


+1




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, Tazewell and 6 guests