March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

t-14orbust

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Jcastro1 wrote:Seriously, it's awful. The subject line of the email will read "Your February 2013 LSAT Score" and the first line will be something like "Your February 2013 LSAT score is 1XX. The percentile is XX" (I guess for us, the second part won't be there)

I'm pretty sure the percentile is released, just not the scale.

CyDahmer

Postby CyDahmer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Yes the percentage will be included.

CyDahmer

Postby CyDahmer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm

I do take a little comfort in knowing that there is a secretary somewhere in the LSAC building having a horrible day today.

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:My bosses are placing bets on my score. This could get awkward.

This sounds terrible.

mtr12345

Postby mtr12345 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

the best thing to do is when people start getting their scores, log into your lsac account and minimize your browser, so you can't see the box where the score will be displayed--then slowly maximize to reveal your score....

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm wondering if anyone ever scored higher on their real LSAT, than any practice tests...

Happen to anyone here?

stephenholder

Postby stephenholder » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 pm

jvsj wrote:I'm wondering if anyone ever scored higher on their real LSAT, than any practice tests...

Happen to anyone here?

Yeah - I have friends who've done this, including one who got a 180 after PTing in the mid 170s.

Michigan1442

Postby Michigan1442 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Can't even look at my email today..I'm way too scared of seeing my score in the preview window before getting a chance to prepare myself. Constantly refreshing this forum. Also, if it is true that they release the scores in batches, it's kind of disappointing that not even the first batch has been released yet. Ugh

L$AT Rocky

Postby L$AT Rocky » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Does anybody else feel like we've been trapped on some barren island for 3 days with a bunch of other weirdos we've never met, but now those weirdos are kind of our friends, only because we're all stuck in this terrible purgatorial state together for so long? With our fates inextricably bound...

But as a few of them lose their minds, and we silently check them off as the ones that--you know, if it came down to it--we would eat first.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

L$AT Rocky wrote:Does anybody else feel like we've been trapped on some barren island for 3 days with a bunch of other weirdos we've never met, but now those weirdos are kind of our friends, only because we're all stuck in this terrible purgatorial state together for so long? With our fates inextricably bound...

But as a few of them lose their minds, and we silently check them off as the ones that--you know, if it came down to it--we would eat first.

...what's been happening in this thread since I left yesterday :shock:

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

L$AT Rocky wrote:Does anybody else feel like we've been trapped on some barren island for 3 days with a bunch of other weirdos we've never met, but now those weirdos are kind of our friends, only because we're all stuck in this terrible purgatorial state together for so long? With our fates inextricably bound...

Id be an Alpha.

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Udm law just gave me a heart attack.

DavidHasselhoff

Postby DavidHasselhoff » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:28 pm

bruin91 wrote:Udm law just gave me a heart attack.

Funny - I just got the same email. Some stupid Open House in March.

The more junk you receive from a law school, the lower the quality of education you'll receive if you attend.

Volunteer

Postby Volunteer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 pm

I wonder how they batch the scores (ie higher first)

DavidHasselhoff

Postby DavidHasselhoff » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Volunteer wrote:I wonder how they batch the scores (ie higher first)

Random. Scores have nothing to do with it. Nor does geography.

Volunteer

Postby Volunteer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm

DavidHasselhoff wrote:
Volunteer wrote:I wonder how they batch the scores (ie higher first)

Random. Scores have nothing to do with it. Nor does geography.

One less thing to panic over :P

bre.kidman

Postby bre.kidman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:32 pm

I mean... law school applications are basically the Hunger Games. Certain districts (The Ivies, prestigious state schools, less prestigious private schools, less prestigious state schools, online degrees...) have better odds than others. Applicants train all their lives. Most of us will die impoverished and leveraged by insurmountable debt, but the others will find themselves in a world of wealth beyond measure. Many of us would use our bare hands and/or teeth to tear out the throats of whoever is in the way of our spot at HYS... and the LSAT is basically like that training camp exercise where everyone gets ranked.

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Anyone know what time is the earliest they might start releasing them? It's already almost 2PM over there at LSAC, I wonder if they're just hanging out.

fivetwo

Postby fivetwo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Has anyone ever passed without doing a full practice test? Am I an idiot?

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

OliveBC wrote:

...what's been happening in this thread since I left yesterday :shock:

That'll teach you to leave...

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:36 pm

fivetwo wrote:Has anyone ever passed without doing a full practice test? Am I an idiot?

Lol at 'passed'

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:36 pm

bre.kidman wrote:

I mean... law school applications are basically the Hunger Games. Certain districts (The Ivies, prestigious state schools, less prestigious private schools, less prestigious state schools, online degrees...) have better odds than others. Applicants train all their lives. Most of us will die impoverished and leveraged by insurmountable debt, but the others will find themselves in a world of wealth beyond measure. Many of us would use our bare hands and/or teeth to tear out the throats of whoever is in the way of our spot at HYS... and the LSAT is basically like that training camp exercise where everyone gets ranked.

But we really value friendship above all else

fivetwo

Postby fivetwo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
fivetwo wrote:Has anyone ever passed without doing a full practice test? Am I an idiot?

Lol at 'passed'

Thanks for answering at least the second part in the affirmative.

magickware

Postby magickware » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 pm

There is no such thing as a pass or fail score on the LSAT.

There is only the score that is acceptable to you and the schools that you hope to go to.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Depends on what a passing score is for you...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”