March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

RetakeFrenzy

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:34 am

Jeffort wrote:
ws81086n wrote:
Gotcha. They got their scores 4 days early. And there are way more test-takers in December. That's pretty frustrating.

The people that didn't get rescheduled got their scores early, two days BEFORE the re-scheduled administration for the people that got screwed by the weather that test. Those affected by the bad weather that year didn't get to take the test until January 8th 2011, a month after they were originally supposed to take it and two days after everyone else received their scores!

Those December people that got pushed to January, they really did have something big to complain and stress about, unlike people that have to actually wait all the way until the stated release deadline (OMG!!WTF??FML! LSAC is evil!!! etc. lol). Just chill people, it'll all be over soon. There is no legitimate reason to suspect that scores will not be released today and I'd be really surprised if they aren't. If LSAC manages to get the re-scheduled test day scores out today as well, I think they should be praised for pulling it off, unlike what the December 2010 weather screwed people had to go through with how LSAC dealt with it that time, it really sucked for them.

Anyway, carry on with refreshing everyone, hopefully less than 10-12 hours (I'm guessing they start coming out by 11am EST) until they start dropping into your in-boxes!

If it helps you relax, here is a bigger one to click on for a while:

lol nice :mrgreen:

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:35 am

Jeffort wrote:
ws81086n wrote:
Gotcha. They got their scores 4 days early. And there are way more test-takers in December. That's pretty frustrating.

The people that didn't get rescheduled got their scores early, two days BEFORE the re-scheduled administration for the people that got screwed by the weather that test. Those affected by the bad weather that year didn't get to take the test until January 8th 2011, a month after they were originally supposed to take it and two days after everyone else received their scores!

Those December people that got pushed to January, they really did have something big to complain and stress about, unlike people that have to actually wait all the way until the stated release deadline (OMG!!WTF??FML! LSAC is evil!!! etc. lol). Just chill people, it'll all be over soon. There is no legitimate reason to suspect that scores will not be released today and I'd be really surprised if they aren't. If LSAC manages to get the re-scheduled test day scores out today as well, I think they should be praised for pulling it off, unlike what the December 2010 weather screwed people had to go through with how LSAC dealt with it that time, it really sucked for them.

Anyway, carry on with the refreshing everyone, hopefully less than 10-12 hours (I'm guessing they start coming out by 11am EST) until they start dropping into your in-boxes!

Thank you, Glad to see you still on TLS, a familiar username for years now!

Some people are freaking out so bad on this wait, I don't know why they bother, they're likely to have a stroke waiting for application responses anyway! Just calm down people, we're in the home stretch, I'm anxious too, but sometimes your just powerless over a situation!

Unrelated post time. Would you take sticker at lower T-14 (UVA,Gtwn,NU) or a full ride at a NY weak regional school (Brooklyn/Cardozo)? I've always leaned more towards the gusto, take the chance and shoot biglaw, but man the more I read peoples debt disasters (even from T14) the less I like the idea. I've done some research on IBR, which would point the scales in favor of T14, knowing I could survive reasonable loan payments under IBR, but its still so up in the air how it will play out in the long run. The current system is going to leave those not in the public sector with a huge lump sum tax disaster at the time the debt is forgiven, which would essentially bankrupt the majority of people. Many speculate this law will change as we approach the first wave of IBR people facing this burden, but there's never a guarantee, in fact the current political atmosphere is so unpredictable I wouldn't be surprised to see IBR killed off, with no grandfather clause!

Ugh, I thankfully have time to make this decision, but it's such a huge life changing prospect to face, I was wondering if anyone else has faced this decision (theoretically of course, as were waiting for scores) and what they're thinking?

dusters

Postby dusters » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:23 am

ws81086n wrote:it doesn't seem "highly likely" that tomorrow (today) is the day. the fact that we haven't already gotten them suggests some kind of out of the ordinary holdup. not saying its unlikely, but i wouldnt be surprised if thurs/fri

Well in October they at least said there would be a delay. No indication of that yet so I think tomorrow today? is pretty liekly

bowie.alan

Postby bowie.alan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:55 am

Very happy that the arrows went gray. Just want you all to know that you're weird and not ordinary in the least bit.

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 am

Dreamt last night that I only scored a 120. How is that possible even in dreamland after all that studying?! Someone off the street could go in and manage to get at least ONE answer right. Oh, good God. I can't do this anymore. Release the scores. It's psychological warfare I say! :evil:

hunter.d

Postby hunter.d » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:48 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
ws81086n wrote:

Anyway, carry on with the refreshing everyone, hopefully less than 10-12 hours (I'm guessing they start coming out by 11am EST) until they start dropping into your in-boxes!

Thank you, Glad to see you still on TLS, a familiar username for years now!

Some people are freaking out so bad on this wait, I don't know why they bother, they're likely to have a stroke waiting for application responses anyway! Just calm down people, we're in the home stretch, I'm anxious too, but sometimes your just powerless over a situation!

Unrelated post time. Would you take sticker at lower T-14 (UVA,Gtwn,NU) or a full ride at a NY weak regional school (Brooklyn/Cardozo)? I've always leaned more towards the gusto, take the chance and shoot biglaw, but man the more I read peoples debt disasters (even from T14) the less I like the idea. I've done some research on IBR, which would point the scales in favor of T14, knowing I could survive reasonable loan payments under IBR, but its still so up in the air how it will play out in the long run. The current system is going to leave those not in the public sector with a huge lump sum tax disaster at the time the debt is forgiven, which would essentially bankrupt the majority of people. Many speculate this law will change as we approach the first wave of IBR people facing this burden, but there's never a guarantee, in fact the current political atmosphere is so unpredictable I wouldn't be surprised to see IBR killed off, with no grandfather clause!

Ugh, I thankfully have time to make this decision, but it's such a huge life changing prospect to face, I was wondering if anyone else has faced this decision (theoretically of course, as were waiting for scores) and what they're thinking?

I am going for nearly sticker to a lower ranked T-14 next year. My rationale kind of focused on the long-term benefits of a T-14 degree which multiple practicing attorneys reiterated to me. Also, starting next year the IBR is actually becoming even more favorable, not like that's what you should be banking on. PM me if you want to hear a little bit more about my decision. It's not like it was an easy one!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:49 am

sclemens wrote:Dreamt last night that I only scored a 120. How is that possible even in dreamland after all that studying?! Someone off the street could go in and manage to get at least ONE answer right. Oh, good God. I can't do this anymore. Release the scores. It's psychological warfare I say! :evil:

You would usually need about 15 right to hit 121

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 am

Finally nice to see gray.

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
sclemens wrote:Dreamt last night that I only scored a 120. How is that possible even in dreamland after all that studying?! Someone off the street could go in and manage to get at least ONE answer right. Oh, good God. I can't do this anymore. Release the scores. It's psychological warfare I say! :evil:

You would usually need about 15 right to hit 121

I was also trying to escape captivity in the dream and still more concerned about the score. Not entirely rational...

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 am

Good morning waiters.....it's been a pleasure! :D
Today's the day and even if we don't get the scores we want.....we still have each other to share our reactions with. I personally am PMSing so if things go south......someone may get hurt. :evil:
But good luck to everyone!!! :mrgreen:

Volunteer

Postby Volunteer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:37 am

October 2012 retaker still worried the snow will cause a delay (employees not at work, power outages, etc). After Sandy I lost faith and just really want the score today.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 am

Volunteer wrote:October 2012 retaker still worried the snow will cause a delay (employees not at work, power outages, etc). After Sandy I lost faith and just really want the score today.

We didn't get any snow over the evening here in eastern PA. Should be fine.

Volunteer

Postby Volunteer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:11 am

Good to know-thanks. Family in Philly/Jersey say its coming soon. Hope that means after 5.

JDot

Postby JDot » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 am

jvsj wrote:
Volunteer wrote:October 2012 retaker still worried the snow will cause a delay (employees not at work, power outages, etc). After Sandy I lost faith and just really want the score today.

yup, I live 15 mins from LSAC and we didn't get any snow whatsoever, we're good as far as that's concerned

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 am

Anyone care to speculate what time we will be receiving emails?

roranoa

Postby roranoa » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

JDot wrote:
jvsj wrote:

yup, I live 15 mins from LSAC and we didn't get any snow whatsoever, we're good as far as that's concerned

Would you plz go knock on their door and ask what's up? Are they taking a nap?

kelliedn

Postby kelliedn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 am

I'm not sure I can take another day

I kept thinking around 172

then the other night I had a dream I got 166. Eh, I can live with that.

Then! Last Night!!! I got a 154!!!!!!! I was VERY upset not just in my dream, but when I woke up. Then I realized it wasn't real
I haven't even got that low on a Preptest. my lowest PT was the Free online June one, the first one I took at 157 so I was VERY mad at myself for getting a 154 on the actual test. I'm still feeling upset.

If it goes longer than today, and I dream my score is even lower, I may have to be institutionalized!

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 am

kelliedn wrote:I'm not sure I can take another day

I kept thinking around 172

then the other night I had a dream I got 166. Eh, I can live with that.

Then! Last Night!!! I got a 154!!!!!!! I was VERY upset not just in my dream, but when I woke up. Then I realized it wasn't real
I haven't even got that low on a Preptest. my lowest PT was the Free online June one, the first one I took at 157 so I was VERY mad at myself for getting a 154 on the actual test. I'm still feeling upset.

If it goes longer than today, and I dream my score is even lower, I may have to be institutionalized!

Same... I really have no idea how I did on this test. RC seemed pretty difficult to me, and when I usually get only -2 or -3 on LG, I feel like I missed much more on this one.

mrglennicus

Postby mrglennicus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:04 am

Good luck to everyone. Just relax at this point. You've worked hard to get here, so don't let this process take any more time from you than it already has! It's out of our hands now.

Jarndyce&Jarndyce

Postby Jarndyce&Jarndyce » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am

Once more into the breach, my friends.

Just in case someone hasn't already posted this--I did just call the LSAC office to check and see if they are in fact open. They are. They said the scores would be released as scheduled, sometime today.

iditarod

Postby iditarod » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:46 am

I'm still waiting for Corbin's post around 10:00

jvincent11

Postby jvincent11 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

Jarndyce&Jarndyce wrote:Once more into the breach, my friends.

Just in case someone hasn't already posted this--I did just call the LSAC office to check and see if they are in fact open. They are. They said the scores would be released as scheduled, sometime today.
Last edited by jvincent11 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

iditarod wrote:I'm still waiting for Corbin's post around 10:00

+100 for this post.

Danielle8740

Postby Danielle8740 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am

I am grey! How do I post a picture to prove it...? I have one but can't figure out how to upload it (sorry, really bad at things like that)

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am

Danielle8740 wrote:I am grey! How do I post a picture to prove it...? I have one but can't figure out how to upload it (sorry, really bad at things like that)

Me too! Working on a picture on imgur right now

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”