jvincent11

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby jvincent11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 pm

At this point my guess is Thursday

Jarndyce&Jarndyce

Postby Jarndyce&Jarndyce » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

jvincent11 wrote:At this point my guess is Thursday

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder IF I ever even took the LSAT.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Jarndyce&Jarndyce wrote:A friend just made an interesting observation that I am hesitant to share because it may keep you all up unnecessarily. I'm sharing it anyway. I told him my scores wouldn't be released until tomorrow around 4-5est. He says that's unlikely. For an operation this big, with this many people obsessively checking, they wouldn't wait until the last minute to release your scores. If something goes wrong they would have 0 time to fix it, and it would be an immense amount of stress on the servers. According to this anonymous friend, the most likely result is an auto-release starting at midnight, this way if anything goes wrong, they'd have the working day to fix it. Also the time of least server stress. This friend has worked for/studied mass testing type stuff. However, never with the LSAT, so grains of salt must obviously be taken. Regardless, I'll be checking in between nightmares to see if his thoughts hold any water.

History says your friend is wrong.

LSAC nearly always releases around COB EST.

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Jarndyce&Jarndyce wrote:A friend just made an interesting observation that I am hesitant to share because it may keep you all up unnecessarily. I'm sharing it anyway. I told him my scores wouldn't be released until tomorrow around 4-5est. He says that's unlikely. For an operation this big, with this many people obsessively checking, they wouldn't wait until the last minute to release your scores. If something goes wrong they would have 0 time to fix it, and it would be an immense amount of stress on the servers. According to this anonymous friend, the most likely result is an auto-release starting at midnight, this way if anything goes wrong, they'd have the working day to fix it. Also the time of least server stress. This friend has worked for/studied mass testing type stuff. However, never with the LSAT, so grains of salt must obviously be taken. Regardless, I'll be checking in between nightmares to see if his thoughts hold any water.

Even if it goes gray at over night, the scores will still be released in batches at random moments tomorrow. That wouldn't be the last minute. Also, your friend is assuming that LSAC has a vested interest to release scores tomorrow. Reality is, they do not. As such, any last second error will simply be met with further delay.

kmc

Postby kmc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 pm

rebexness wrote:

History says your friend is wrong.

LSAC nearly always releases around COB EST.

right, but they also nearly always release early.

so.

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Just got back from shopping to find a clear thread. I love the tls mods, thank you all :D
and I'm still refreshing my account even though I think it wont happen :oops:

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

viz-luv wrote:Just got back from shopping to find a clear thread. I love the tls mods, thank you all :D
and I'm still refreshing my account even though I think it wont happen :oops:

Same. >.<

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm too lazy to look. What happened that was so dramatic?

kmc

Postby kmc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Eberry wrote:I'm too lazy to look. What happened that was so dramatic?

it's the internet. so, nothing.

kmc

Postby kmc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

kmc wrote:
Eberry wrote:I'm too lazy to look. What happened that was so dramatic?

it's the internet. so, nothing.

i'm grumpy. really, a troll was annoying and then mildly funny.

dusters

Postby dusters » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 pm

No.... just no. Your friend has no idea what he is talking about.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah seriously I wish that was true, but it seems really implausible.

TERS

Postby TERS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm

LSAC has considerable market power; a reasonable definition of their market would demonstrate they're a monopoly. Not only that, demand for their good is incredibly inelastic. For at least these reasons, they have very little incentive to improve the quality of their service or keep its price low. If something goes wrong on the day of the release, they'll just delay distribution--and without considerable consequence.

Jarndyce&Jarndyce

Postby Jarndyce&Jarndyce » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm

dusters wrote:

Oh? I wasn't aware you knew him! Judging by your confidence, you must know what you're talking about! Please! Enlighten us.

On a more serious note, I didn't share his remarks as a definitive proclamation, nor did he. Just the opinions of another person who DOES in fact work for a mass testing agency on how things might proceed, considering they aren't exactly proceeding as they have in the past. I also said this person wasn't intimately familiar with this exam agency. To make this abundantly clear, as i'm sure you're having trouble connecting the dots, there's no claim of knowledge made by either myself or my anonymous compatriot. So, and do forgive the repetition, you, sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Jardanyce&Jardanyce, attorneys at derp.

TERS

Postby TERS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm

You quoted an anonymous source whose reasoning is inconsistent with reality (consider the dates and times at which LSAT scores have been released in the past). Why are you surprised?

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Hmm... I opened my browner and the last three options were
why does lsac suck
Lsac torturing us
Who hates lsac
I might need a different hobby :P

canstudent12345

Postby canstudent12345 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Jarndyce&Jarndyce wrote:
dusters wrote:

Oh? I wasn't aware you knew him! Judging by your confidence, you must know what you're talking about! Please! Enlighten us.

On a more serious note, I didn't share his remarks as a definitive proclamation, nor did he. Just the opinions of another person who DOES in fact work for a mass testing agency on how things might proceed, considering they aren't exactly proceeding as they have in the past. I also said this person wasn't intimately familiar with this exam agency. To make this abundantly clear, as i'm sure you're having trouble connecting the dots, there's no claim of knowledge made by either myself or my anonymous compatriot. So, and do forgive the repetition, you, sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

Relax people. Everyone's a bit stressed about getting our results back. Just chill out for now and don't bicker over trivial comments like these. Watch a tv show or do homework to kill time. We're almost there.

kmc

Postby kmc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:39 pm

i'm out of tv shows. what's good and on hulu or netflix?

mtr12345

Postby mtr12345 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 pm

delishows.com
best tv show site.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 pm

TERS wrote:LSAC has considerable market power; a reasonable definition of their market would demonstrate they're a monopoly. Not only that, demand for their good is incredibly inelastic. For at least these reasons, they have very little incentive to improve the quality of their service or keep its price low. If something goes wrong on the day of the release, they'll just delay distribution--and without considerable consequence.

Except that Law Schools will eventually get sick of LSAC's BS. And they are the ones who approve of this "Monopoly" at the end of the day.

yazterr

Postby yazterr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

kmc wrote:i'm out of tv shows. what's good and on hulu or netflix?

Futurama!!! :D

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

kmc wrote:i'm out of tv shows. what's good and on hulu or netflix?

I could answer this for days, what genres do you like?

TERS

Postby TERS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:47 pm

rebexness wrote:
TERS wrote:LSAC has considerable market power; a reasonable definition of their market would demonstrate they're a monopoly. Not only that, demand for their good is incredibly inelastic. For at least these reasons, they have very little incentive to improve the quality of their service or keep its price low. If something goes wrong on the day of the release, they'll just delay distribution--and without considerable consequence.

Except that Law Schools will eventually get sick of LSAC's BS. And they are the ones who approve of this "Monopoly" at the end of the day.

Unclear as to why you capitalized and placed quotes around. Why will they eventually get sick of the BS?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Because it affects their deadlines. Several schools had to push back ED deadlines due to the late October release.

And I capitalized and put quotes around because I felt like it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”