March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

finnandjake2

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Postby finnandjake2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Tammyb wrote:calling LSAC again....I think they know me by name.... so I might use a fake accent. :oops:

Control yourself! Start studying in case you should retake if you can't get your mind off the LSAT. The only thing they will say is that it is scheduled to come out tomorrow. They don't want to say today and disappoint people if it doesn't happen.

kmc

Postby kmc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Tammyb wrote:calling LSAC again....I think they know me by name.... so I might use a fake accent. :oops:

wait, why?

...we're all totally aware that calling lsac will result in you being told that scores will be released tomorrow, right? there's only one way that phone call ends and it's not helpful.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

facile princeps wrote:

Dude, chill out. LSAC wont tell you shit but 3/06. HTH

not the way I whine and nag...they gon learn today!

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

The more you call them, the longer it takes them to double check my 180

tcorbin

Postby tcorbin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:12 pm

deleted

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Have you considered that every time they have to answer the phone and tell you the exact same shit, that's less time that person might be working on releasing scores? They're just gonna say 6th. That's what they're trained to do.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 pm

tcorbin wrote:Calling will do no good; LSAC will only inform you of a score release date of 3/6 for regular test takers unaffected by the eastern snow storm.

They do this because of situations like this past Feb LSAT, where the scores actually won't be issued before the scheduled date due to delayed processing.
They do not want to make promises they cannot keep.

Hope this helps.

it doesn't.....i just made one of then slip up and laugh a little....she told me not to worry and her tone gave me hope.....she wanted to tell me yes, I could feel her energy through the phone. wishful thinking? :roll:

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:The more you call them, the longer it takes them to double check my 180

Holynorth

Postby Holynorth » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Have you considered that every time they have to answer the phone and tell you the exact same shit, that's less time that person might be working on releasing scores? They're just gonna say 6th. That's what they're trained to do.

I would assume they have enough staff to have designated employees answer calls.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Have you considered that every time they have to answer the phone and tell you the exact same shit, that's less time that person might be working on releasing scores? They're just gonna say 6th. That's what they're trained to do.

Do you really think that the people scoring the exam are the same ones answering the phones, genius?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Maybe this is just me...but I feel like the people answering the phones are probably not really at the top of the food chain at LSAC

if someone knew when scores were going to be released I feel like it wouldn't be the secretary

Instinctive

Postby Instinctive » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 pm

As to the questions asked since I was on last:

1. I'm a pessimist, so I'll go with 174. I 180'd my last 3 practice tests, so that'd be below where I was at in average PTs leading up to the real thing.

2. Who will I tell first?

This question makes me really aware that I'm single. There are a couple girls I've been dating who want to know, but...no girlfriend that I'd want to immediately share the news with. That's a little sobering.

If good: My mentor - a guy who's been my guide through undergrad these last couple years, and then a phone call to parents.
If bad: Nobody. That shit never came through and idk what it is. Ugh.

I'm so stressed out. Two midterms Thursday...the sooner I get this score the more I can focus on studying instead of refreshing...

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Curse you RWU for making me think that email might have been important :evil:

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

When the secretary forwards you to someone about the LSAT, it's at least somewhat likely that person is working on score release in some context. The real point is to just relax, harassing them isn't helping. We have no say or control in this situation, we have to wait as long as it takes, so might as well chill. On a relieving side note, I got a fortune cookie last night that said, and I quote, "don't panic".. Awesome

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Instinctive wrote:As to the questions asked since I was on last:

1. I'm a pessimist, so I'll go with 174. I 180'd my last 3 practice tests, so that'd be below where I was at in average PTs leading up to the real thing.

This question makes me really aware that I'm single. There are a couple girls I've been dating who want to know, but...no girlfriend that I'd want to immediately share the news with. That's a little sobering.

If good: My mentor - a guy who's been my guide through undergrad these last couple years, and then a phone call to parents.

I'm so stressed out. Two midterms Thursday...the sooner I get this score the more I can focus on studying instead of refreshing...

I will definitely be telling my boyfriend after parents/family...I don't know how he will react though, pretty sure he is terrified I will do well, move away to go to law school and never be heard from again.
Last edited by OliveBC on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmc

Postby kmc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 pm

yup. will y'all please please PLEASE stop calling lsac. you're triumphantly returning with... the same answer they give everybody. you're not helping, and you're making that receptionist's day HELL.

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Instinctive wrote:As to the questions asked since I was on last:

I'd be really stressed too if I 180'd my last 3 practice tests.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 pm

If I recall correctly, the same mechanisms that cause you to jump with excitement/nervousness everytime you get a new email is the same mechanism that they use to train dogs to follow verbal commands.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

kmc wrote:yup. will y'all please please PLEASE stop calling lsac. you're triumphantly returning with... the same answer they give everybody. you're not helping, and you're making that receptionist's day HELL.

WELL GOT DAMMIT...SHE DESERVES IT :shock:

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm

kmc wrote:yup. will y'all please please PLEASE stop calling lsac. you're triumphantly returning with... the same answer they give everybody. you're not helping, and you're making that receptionist's day HELL.

If the people answering the phones at LSAC could catch one of these callers right now...

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:If I recall correctly, the same mechanisms that cause you to jump with excitement/nervousness everytime you get a new email is the same mechanism that they use to train dogs to follow verbal commands.

Close, but mine is negative reinforcement instead of positive so we are actually shading into gamblers ratio of positive reinforcement except that I never recieved an initial stimuli that was positive...
btw is that a Dr who avatar?
Last edited by viz-luv on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:If I recall correctly, the same mechanisms that cause you to jump with excitement/nervousness everytime you get a new email is the same mechanism that they use to train dogs to follow verbal commands.

LOL :lol:

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm

LMAO

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:32 pm

sclemens wrote:

LMAO

Lol I'm so tired I just realized this was a funny at me :P whee need sleep

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

I seriously hope shit starts to go down soon...I am dying haha

PS: I HATE GREEN ARROWS

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”