March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

dosemfb89

Re: Feb Waiters: LSAC.org ragequit [New Poll]

Postby dosemfb89 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 am

OliveBC wrote:I believe you :) also not concerned about them saying they won't be released till tomorrow cuz I'm pretty sure they ALWAYS say that.... Yet scores are (almost) always released early. They probably just have to say that just in case something happens so that they don't get harassed if they say scores will come out one day and they don't.

At this point, I actually want them NOT to release the scores early.
What's the whole purpose of releasing them early? It gives a pleasant surprise?
Why not just have the scores released at a date and time clearly marked, no earlier and no later(unless Sandy hits again).
I think it would make everyone's life much easier because we can expect exactly when the scores will be released.
We wouldn't have this whole goose chase trying to guess when the scores will be ready.
Much more efficient and less confusing for the waiters, no high-stressed calls to the LSAC every minute.

Can someone tell me why the scores are released earlier than the official date to begin with?

heythatslife

Postby heythatslife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am

Almost midnight here in Korea. I'm gonna take one more glass of scotch (I need it because the suspense is killing me), go to sleep, and hopefully when I wake up the score will have been released...

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:27 am

dosemfb89 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:I believe you :) also not concerned about them saying they won't be released till tomorrow cuz I'm pretty sure they ALWAYS say that.... Yet scores are (almost) always released early. They probably just have to say that just in case something happens so that they don't get harassed if they say scores will come out one day and they don't.

Why not just have the scores released at a date and time clearly marked, no earlier and no later(unless Sandy hits again).
I think it would make everyone's life much easier because we can expect exactly when the scores will be released.
We wouldn't have this whole goose chase trying to guess when the scores will be ready.
Much more efficient and less confusing for the waiters, no high-stressed calls to the LSAC every minute.

Can someone tell me why the scores are released earlier than the official date to begin with?

Why would you NOT want them to be released early? Maybe it would be better for future test takers, but that doesn't affect me, and I'm most important.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 am

dosemfb89 wrote:

I definitely see your point... But that doesn't mean I want to wait till tomorrow for my score.

dosemfb89

Postby dosemfb89 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 am

OliveBC wrote:I definitely see your point... But that doesn't mean I want to wait till tomorrow for my score.

I want the score very much today too! :D
I just think they should make it a policy to stick to the official date and not release the scores earlier.
But of course, only from next time on...

PrettyLittleDitty

Postby PrettyLittleDitty » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 am

sclemens wrote:I finally had to join this forum. I've been reading it the last few days. I'm waiting for my scores as well. Although, I picked now to try and quit smoking. If scores don't come soon, I may try that again at a later date.

Stay strong! I'm two weeks smoke free, and if I can do it you definitely can!! Actually, I think many of us are in the same position.

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 am

Question.. If LSAC closes at 4:45 EST, does that mean it must go grey/gray before then or it's a bust?

finnandjake2

Postby finnandjake2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 am

They probably set the scheduled release date far back enough that they don't have to worry about getting them finished late. Why would they not release them early if they are done? They'll likely stop getting so many neurotic calls once they do anyways!

God speed to everyone ITT who is quitting smoking... it gets better!

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 am

I give up.....no more refreshing....

yazterr

Postby yazterr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 am

Tammyb wrote:I give up.....no more refreshing....

How many times did you refresh after this post?

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 am

yazterr wrote:

LOL, about 7 times....smh

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 am

Wormfather wrote:I talked to the homeless guy downtown who can predict the future. This is what he said when I asked him when the scores will be released:

Shut up mutha fucka, that's the score. Mumbles incoherently

+1

kelliedn

Postby kelliedn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 am

I've been thinking 172...172....172 for over a week now
Last night I had a dream.....got my score...166
Last edited by kelliedn on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

yazterr

Postby yazterr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 am

Tammyb wrote:
yazterr wrote:

LOL, about 7 times....smh

Teh lulz. I wanna hit up my PS3 and just forget about this but my brother is hogging up the TV so I'm stuck in front of this laptop. :/

yazterr

Postby yazterr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 am

Princess Consuela wrote:
Wormfather wrote:I talked to the homeless guy downtown who can predict the future. This is what he said when I asked him when the scores will be released:

Shut up mutha fucka, that's the score. Mumbles incoherently

+1

No... no...

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:07 am

bruin91 wrote:Question.. If LSAC closes at 4:45 EST, does that mean it must go grey/gray before then or it's a bust?

No, in Oct 2010 they didnt go gray til like 9 pm, but besides that it's usually 4-5ish

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:08 am

PrettyLittleDitty wrote:
sclemens wrote:I finally had to join this forum. I've been reading it the last few days. I'm waiting for my scores as well. Although, I picked now to try and quit smoking. If scores don't come soon, I may try that again at a later date.

Stay strong! I'm two weeks smoke free, and if I can do it you definitely can!! Actually, I think many of us are in the same position.

Thanks! At this point I'm focusing on waiting for the scores and not wanting to smoke so maybe it'll work. :lol:

sclemens

Postby sclemens » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 am

I didn't tell anyone when my scores were supposed to be released, only that it was the beginning of March. That way, if I don't do well, I have a few days to absorb the news without my family wanting to know how I did. And I only told a few close friends that I even took it. Granted, yes, they could find out if they wanted to, but they won't and it takes some pressure off me to tell everyone how I did.

JDot

Postby JDot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:21 am

Tammyb wrote:So...i'm not bull-shitting. I just spoke to an account attendant at LSAC and he said they are not coming out today. They are coming out 2moro....no trolling. He was pretty clear. He convinced me, unlike the techies I've been harassing all morning! :cry:

it doesn't matter, they'll always say it's going to come out on the day it's scheduled to be released no matter what, so there's still hope for today!

jvincent11

Postby jvincent11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am

can't take it anymore

Jarndyce&Jarndyce

Postby Jarndyce&Jarndyce » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:52 am

As someone wisely pointed out, the times when it has been released three days in advance for february exams has generally been when the set release day was monday, and they released the scores on friday. However, that means the trend is actually only ONE business day in advance. So it wouldn't surprise me if they release today. That'd be where I'd put my money...if i weren't broke...and if I weren't about to take on an absurd amount of debt to go to law school.
Last edited by Jarndyce&Jarndyce on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

TERS

Postby TERS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 am

Jesus, have we seriously not yet established that you're not going to get an honest answer when you call LSAC?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 am

jvincent11 wrote:can't take it anymore

+1 I am dying

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:54 am

History is on our side for a release today, but the storm throws everything off.

Really could be tomorrow.

Pocahontas

Postby Pocahontas » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am

sclemens wrote:I didn't tell anyone when my scores were supposed to be released, only that it was the beginning of March. That way, if I don't do well, I have a few days to absorb the news without my family wanting to know how I did. And I only told a few close friends that I even took it. Granted, yes, they could find out if they wanted to, but they won't and it takes some pressure off me to tell everyone how I did.

The only person who knows i retook is my boyfriend. He didn't even find out until about a month before when i needed more alone time for PTs. I was able to study with no pressure and now I'm waiting with no pressure. Feels damn good.
Last edited by Pocahontas on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”