March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

everett2014

Re: Feb Waiters: LSAC.org ragequit [New Poll]

Postby everett2014 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Wormfather wrote:
everett2014 wrote:
Wormfather wrote:I just called LSAC and they confirmed that they've moved to a new score system where everyone will receive a score between 1 and 2.

Unfortunately they will not release these scores to the test takers as they fear that knowing your score may cause you to pigeonhole yourself. Scores will be sent to all schools, so you should apply to the schools that send you information, the more information they send you, the more likely it is that that school is your best fit.

In an unrelated story, meet my friend Mike Ramien from Valparaiso.

...?

Ok, obviously the second part is bs, but the first?

I dont know how you though the first part was possibly real while the second fake. BTW, the third part is real, trust me, you'll get to know Mike quite well very soon.

see edit. I thought you meant we will receive our scores between 1 and 2pm

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm

viz-luv wrote:
Wormfather wrote:I just called LSAC and they confirmed that they've moved to a new score system where everyone will receive a score between 1 and 2.

Unfortunately they will not release these scores to the test takers as they fear that knowing your score may cause you to pigeonhole yourself. Scores will be sent to all schools, so you should apply to the schools that send you information, the more information they send you, the more likely it is that that school is your best fit.

Rofl, They sent me another one today :P

Charlotte law, Savannha law, RWU, and ONU all sent me invitations to apply today.

mtr12345

Postby mtr12345 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 pm

facile princeps wrote:
viz-luv wrote:

Charlotte law, Savannha law, RWU, and ONU all sent me invitations to apply today.

just out of curiosity...is there any method to the madness of the random school e-mails? why do some schools e-mail and others not, and why do schools e-mail different ppl?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 pm

The sad thing is I actually know someone who is currently going to Charlotte Law.
I asked her about the lsat when I first started to become interested in law school and she told me not to even worry about it and that it didn't matter

needless to say I since found TLS and now feel really bad for her...

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm

mtr12345 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
viz-luv wrote:

just out of curiosity...is there any method to the madness of the random school e-mails? why do some schools e-mail and others not, and why do schools e-mail different ppl?

I dunno, I got nailed by a ton, but I signed up for Crs and had all my transcripts in at the time with an old score,
anyone else do anything different?
Last edited by viz-luv on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm

facile princeps wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:BTW if any of you waiters have any question for someone currently going through their cycle feel free to ask.

It sounds like you're menstruating

:lol: :lol:

On another note, explain to me why you guys are freaking out. I don't get it. I understand freaking out before and during the test, but why freak out now? Am I just weird? I'm quite calm, albeit a bit worried about scoring less than I did before, but I'm not remotely close to the level of anxiety going on in here.

I'm more impatient than I am stressed.

I've been trying to beat my chess app on master level to pass the time. It kicks my ass every time but it keeps me occupied.[/quote]

On master, that is crazy. I lose anywhere above 75 percent of the comp's capability. GOod thing for the undo last move button :) lol

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 pm

mtr12345 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
viz-luv wrote:

I think they're just casting a wide net. If you're interested, you'll respond, if not, meh, it was worth a shot. I don't know if there's anything beyond that, but seriously, you'd think they'd at least try to screen people who wont be interested. It's like a fat, broke, balding dude trying to hit on every chick from busted to model. I don't get it.

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm

eav1277 wrote:On master, that is crazy. I lose anywhere above 75 percent of the comp's capability. GOod thing for the undo last move button :) lol

Haha, I just checked and it's actually the 4th of 6 levels, so it wasn't master. I think I've only beaten it twice on that level (out of about 30 tries). I try not to use the undo moves; i feel like I'm cheating lol.

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 pm

think they're just casting a wide net. If you're interested, you'll respond, if not, meh, it was worth a shot. I don't know if there's anything beyond that, but seriously, you'd think they'd at least try to screen people who wont be interested. It's like a fat, broke, balding dude trying to hit on every chick from busted to model. I don't get it.

Definitely, but I wonder why they repeat it over and over with no response...
and some wont let you unsubscribe
Last edited by viz-luv on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm

facile princeps wrote:
eav1277 wrote:On master, that is crazy. I lose anywhere above 75 percent of the comp's capability. GOod thing for the undo last move button :) lol

Haha, I just checked and it's actually the 4th of 6 levels, so it wasn't master. I think I've only beaten it twice on that level (out of about 30 tries). I try not to use the undo moves; i feel like I'm cheating lol.

It is cheating but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. It hurts your psyche to be beat repeatedly by a machine/inanimate object. lol.

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm

viz-luv wrote:
think they're just casting a wide net. If you're interested, you'll respond, if not, meh, it was worth a shot. I don't know if there's anything beyond that, but seriously, you'd think they'd at least try to screen people who wont be interested. It's like a fat, broke, balding dude trying to hit on every chick from busted to model. I don't get it.

This

viz-luv

Postby viz-luv » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 pm

facile princeps wrote:
viz-luv wrote:

This

Nice :)

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 pm

facile princeps wrote:

Play sudoku instead. You can't lose. And you'll waste a lot of time :)

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm

What a waste of a day. See you tomorrow folks.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:56 pm

anyone here have the app seven little words? that's what I've been doing to distract myself, although I do love sudoku :D

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm

eav1277 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:

Sudoku rocks, man, but it doesn't evoke the kind of vengeance that computerized chess delivers; it can get a bit boring. With chess, however, sometimes I feel like I can't rest until I have at least a "good try" game lol.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:00 pm

facile princeps wrote:
eav1277 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:

Sudoku rocks, man, but it doesn't evoke the kind of vengeance that computerized chess delivers; it can get a bit boring. With chess, however, sometimes I feel like I can't rest until I have at least a "good try" game lol.

Try timed sudoku. I've killed many an hour trying to beat my best times.

kmc

Postby kmc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:

i just forced myself to put the iphone down because i checked my sudoku app stats and i've apparently played 10,933 games... i need a new hobby.

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Try timed sudoku. I've killed many an hour trying to beat my best times.

Yeah, I have. It's a great way to kill some time indeed.

kmc wrote:

i just forced myself to put the iphone down because i checked my sudoku app stats and i've apparently played 10,933 games... i need a new hobby.

:shock: :lol:

Wormfather wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:BTW if any of you waiters have any question for someone currently going through their cycle feel free to ask.

It sounds like you're menstruating

:lol: :lol:

On another note, explain to me why you guys are freaking out. I don't get it. I understand freaking out before and during the test, but why freak out now? Am I just weird? I'm quite calm, albeit a bit worried about scoring less than I did before, but I'm not remotely close to the level of anxiety going on in here.

ALREADY Getting into Harvard has nothing to do with it, right?

Just saw this post lol. Nah, I honestly didn't freak out the first time around, either. My anxiety peaked in the days leading up to the test. Once I sat down and gave myself a little pep talk, I started relaxing, but after the test I was a lot less anxious.

kmc

Postby kmc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Just saw this post lol. Nah, I honestly didn't freak out the first time around, either. My anxiety peaked in the days leading up to the test. Once I sat down and gave myself a little pep talk, I started relaxing, but after the test I was a lot less anxious.

i didn't really have any anxiety before the test. once it was over, though, i went from zero to unacceptably neurotic in... the time it took me to find my way back to my car from the test room.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm

kmc wrote:
facile princeps wrote:

i didn't really have any anxiety before the test. once it was over, though, i went from zero to unacceptably neurotic in... the time it took me to find my way back to my car from the test room.

I was weirdly, bizarrely chill going into the test. Like.. basically smiling. Maybe even smiling. It was some sort of bizarre excitement to finally be sitting down to the real thing, not that I necessarily felt totally prepared (I did not).

It took a little bit for the afterglow to wear off, but I was a neurotic mess by that evening.

kmc

Postby kmc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm

I was weirdly, bizarrely chill going into the test. Like.. basically smiling. Maybe even smiling. It was some sort of bizarre excitement to finally be sitting down to the real thing, not that I necessarily felt totally prepared (I did not).

It took a little bit for the afterglow to wear off, but I was a neurotic mess by that evening.

i legit freaked out once i hit the car. and then for some bizarre reason i decided i didn't want to go home because i would just freak out more, so i went to starbucks and drank 4 venti mochas... that was not a good idea. then i was just freaking out and shaking like a chihuahua. dumb.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:53 pm

kmc wrote:

i legit freaked out once i hit the car. and then for some bizarre reason i decided i didn't want to go home because i would just freak out more, so i went to starbucks and drank 4 venti mochas... that was not a good idea. then i was just freaking out and shaking like a chihuahua. dumb.

Lolol, FOUR venti mochas!? I can only imagine how jittery you must have been! That much caffeine in one sitting + LSAT anxiety, I don't think I would have slept that night. XD

socrates88

Postby socrates88 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:55 pm

So is the consensus that there's no chance scores will be released tonight?

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

kmc wrote:
facile princeps wrote:

I know what you mean about bizarre excitement. I got a massage and got my hair done the day before haha so I was actually super relaxed and fell asleep like a baby at like 10:30 pm. The morning of I was pretty nervous on the ride to the testing center, but it was in a building at my school that I literally go to every day and have like 99% of my classes in so once I got there it kind of just felt like any other day taking a test there. I was really excited and pumped up waiting for the test to start, was pretty much happy and smiling the whole way through and afterwards felt really fantastic, like literally felt like Judd Nelson at the end of Breakfast Club when I was walking out of there :lol:

I actually think I might even have been weirding out one of the proctors/other test takers because I was so happy/smiley/excited...everyone else looked pretty solemn haha. I was so light-hearted I even drew a picture of a sunbathing stick figure on an island in the scratch paper area of my written section... that got me a few odd looks as well...

But hey it doesn't get reported and I was bored :lol:

I'm hoping that excitement/lack of nerves during the test was beneficial!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”