March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

bruin91

Re: Feb Waiters: LSAC.org ragequit [New Poll]

Postby bruin91 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:01 pm

I can't believe a law school has the audacity to send this mass message out... today

Subject: No Need to Wait for Your Feb LSAT Score - Apply Now, Free!

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 pm

OliveBC wrote:
bruin91 wrote:it seems like the TLS community prefers the "grey" spelling to the "gray".

I object.

haha I honestly don't even think about this when I type, I probably spell it 'grey' half the time and 'gray' the other half.

Grammarist wrote:Gray vs. grey
Gray and grey are different spellings of the same word, and both are used throughout the English-speaking world. But gray is more common in American English, while grey is more common in all the other main varieties of English. In the U.K., for instance, grey appears about twenty times for every instance of gray. In the U.S. the ratio is reversed.

Both spellings, which have origins in the Old English grǽg, have existed hundreds of years.1 Grey gained ascendancy in all varieties of English in the early 18th century, but its dominance as the preferred form was checked when American writers adopted gray about a century later. As the Ngram below shows, this change in American English came around 1825. Since then, both forms have remained fairly common throughout the English-speaking world, but the favoring of gray in the U.S. and grey everywhere else has remained consistent.

The rest of the world uses grey. Spelling grey with an a is probably a remnant of the phonetic/simplification spelling movement, which was dumb.

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:05 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
OliveBC wrote:
bruin91 wrote:it seems like the TLS community prefers the "grey" spelling to the "gray".

I object.

haha I honestly don't even think about this when I type, I probably spell it 'grey' half the time and 'gray' the other half.

Grammarist wrote:Gray vs. grey
Gray and grey are different spellings of the same word, and both are used throughout the English-speaking world. But gray is more common in American English, while grey is more common in all the other main varieties of English. In the U.K., for instance, grey appears about twenty times for every instance of gray. In the U.S. the ratio is reversed.

Both spellings, which have origins in the Old English grǽg, have existed hundreds of years.1 Grey gained ascendancy in all varieties of English in the early 18th century, but its dominance as the preferred form was checked when American writers adopted gray about a century later. As the Ngram below shows, this change in American English came around 1825. Since then, both forms have remained fairly common throughout the English-speaking world, but the favoring of gray in the U.S. and grey everywhere else has remained consistent.

The rest of the world uses grey. Spelling grey with an a is probably a remnant of the phonetic/simplification spelling movement, which was dumb.

What about American Exceptionalism? :)

kmc

Postby kmc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:07 pm

jvsj wrote:I've been freaking out since Friday... Eating so much junk and drinking lots of beer.

I might be depressed for a bit if my score isn't what I want it to be...

+1. except it's indian food and bourbon over here.

aresdude

Postby aresdude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:07 pm

in b4 our scores get delayed cause of winter storm Saturn. It'll be like October all over again.

overperformer

Postby overperformer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 pm

It's going to be a very (non)productive day at work.

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 pm

bruin91 wrote:I can't believe a law school has the audacity to send this mass message out... today

Subject: No Need to Wait for Your Feb LSAT Score - Apply Now, Free!

I KNOW. That's not why I haven't applied there.

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:13 pm

does anyone know if the icons go grey for Feb?

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm

TUICE wrote:does anyone know if the icons go grey for Feb?

Why wouldn't they?

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Number of times I've snuck out of my desk to check the scores on my phone today? 8. I shouldn't have read this forum because now I'm catching the LSATitis.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm

pretty sure they do

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

^ LSAC-type response. lol

dobryden

Postby dobryden » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm so nervous that scores won't be released today, and I will have to spend not only Monday, but also Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday, refreshing my email and checking this forum and analyzing the colors on my LSAC account page.

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

well my question is based on the fact that its a non-disclosed test. so the icons represent the documents that they arent releasing, like scale and answer sheets, so i wasn't sure if they would go grey as you cant see that stuff anyway.

jwg6x6

Postby jwg6x6 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

I love how today is the one day that every single website I have ever been on decides to send me junk mail. They probably all teamed up and decided to give me a heart attack.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm

What happens first? Email sent or Score posted on LSAC?

Or is it simultaneous?

aresdude

Postby aresdude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Wormfather wrote:
And Mark, they went grey at midnight Nov 1st, we received them Nov. 2nd, it was 41 hours later, dont minimize what we all went through that week.

+1

aresdude

Postby aresdude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I just called up LSAC and confirmed that those of us that took the delayed February tests due to asshole storm Nemo will be receiving our scores by the March 6th score release date, along with everyone else.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah, but would lsac ever tell someone over the phone that scores were being released early?

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Wormfather wrote:
The icons go grey the minute the score release date matches the current date. The first outward sign that scores are coming is when someone goes into the system and changes the score release date.

And Mark, they went grey at midnight Nov 1st, we received them Nov. 2nd, it was 41 hours later, dont minimize what we all went through that week.

So are you saying that if they aren't gray now then they won't be coming out today?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 pm

I've been so nauseous the last few days (don't know why), and knowing that LSAT scores are imminent is NOT HELPING. :?

TERS

Postby TERS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

aresdude wrote:I just called up LSAC and confirmed that those of us that took the delayed February tests due to asshole storm Nemo will be receiving our scores by the March 6th score release date, along with everyone else.

Hmm

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:41 pm

If they aren't grey by 5pm I wouldn't count on the scores being released today.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:41 pm

TERS wrote:
aresdude wrote:I just called up LSAC and confirmed that those of us that took the delayed February tests due to asshole storm Nemo will be receiving our scores by the March 6th score release date, along with everyone else.

Hmm

God, I hope that doesn't mean March 6th. We are all going to drive ourselves and each other nuts if we have two wait another two days.

wsparker

Postby wsparker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 pm

So do we get an email first telling us the scores are going to be released, or do I just have to keep refreshing my lsac page to check the color?

Thanks!

waiting anxiously is exhausting

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”