March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

wannabelawstudent

Re: Feb Waiters: LSAC.org ragequit [New Poll]

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Id be shocked if it didn't come out Monday.

dowu

Postby dowu » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Id be shocked if it didn't come out Monday.

Do not underestimate LSAC. They're huge fuck ups. :lol:

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Id be shocked if it didn't come out Monday.

Same, also I would be seriously annoyed haha but nothing we can do about it :cry:

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Why is no one on here? I'm freaking out.....diarrhea all day!!! :?

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:41 pm

+1 for your avatar

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 pm

ws81086n wrote:+1 for your avatar

he he 8)

jvincent11

Postby jvincent11 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:10 pm

OliveBC wrote:I think your Harvard degree will definitely do that for you :D

Anyone here have plans for what they're going to do when they find out their score? After devoting so much of my brain activity to worrying about the lsat I'm not sure what I'll do with all my free time if I don't have to start studying for June...probably get back into my workout routine. I have been seriously slacking due to lsat stress/being too lazy to walk to the gym in the cold :lol:

Depends on what score i get

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 pm

jvincent11 wrote:

Anyone here have plans for what they're going to do when they find out their score? After devoting so much of my brain activity to worrying about the lsat I'm not sure what I'll do with all my free time if I don't have to start studying for June...probably get back into my workout routine. I have been seriously slacking due to lsat stress/being too lazy to walk to the gym in the cold :lol:

Yeah, I initially was going to buy myself an expensive bag (that I'd probably never buy under normal circumstances) if I scored a 170+...but then I thought "Nope, I'm just going to buy it regardless." If I did well it will be a reward...if not it is a consolation prize :lol:

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 pm

OliveBC wrote:
jvincent11 wrote:

Yeah, I initially was going to buy myself an expensive bag (that I'd probably never buy under normal circumstances) if I scored a 170+...but then I thought "Nope, I'm just going to buy it regardless." If I did well it will be a reward...if not it is a consolation prize :lol:

Oooo, I like this idea.. I want to buy myself something nice.

I think I'll take myself out to dinner, regardless of the outcome.

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Tammyb wrote:This is my first time sitting the test. I didn't prepare and i already applied for this fall! How screwed am I? 3.4 GPA, applied to a local law school, don't care about the T14 at all. What are my chances? Give it to me straight....

Plus I don't know how I did :cry:

+1...

I already sent in four applications, and they're all on hold for the Feb score (1st take). Just trying to stay local (not top 14), but I need at least a 160... Need a miracle here.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:57 pm

jvsj wrote:
Tammyb wrote:This is my first time sitting the test. I didn't prepare and i already applied for this fall! How screwed am I? 3.4 GPA, applied to a local law school, don't care about the T14 at all. What are my chances? Give it to me straight....

+1...

I already sent in four applications, and they're all on hold for the Feb score (1st take). Just trying to stay local (not top 14), but I need at least a 160... Need a miracle here.

What's your GPA? and how hard is it to get a 160? I just took it without any prep at all! Dumbest idea ever....I know :roll:

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 pm

No prep at all?! 160 might be tough.

You should be ok though. If you're at FIU, I'm guessing you're going for Nova Southeastern, FIU and St. Thomas? And you can always apply to Florida Coastal...

TERS

Postby TERS » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 pm

TOMORROW!! Christmas Eve. How am I gonna sleep?

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 pm

jvsj wrote:No prep at all?! 160 might be tough.

You should be ok though. If you're at FIU, I'm guessing you're going for Nova Southeastern, FIU and St. Thomas? And you can always apply to Florida Coastal...

I will only go to FIU! Can't even imagine sleeping tonight, i'm so anxious!

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Tammyb wrote:
jvsj wrote:

+1...

What's your GPA? and how hard is it to get a 160? I just took it without any prep at all! Dumbest idea ever....I know :roll:

odds are with no prep youll score in the 50th percentile, which is 151 or something. i think 160 is about the 80th percentile. How long it takes im sure varies from no time at all to a couple months depending on the student. For me it took about a month to PT consistently in the 160s.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 pm

You guys should strongly consider taking this cycle off, and studying hard for a retake, even if your goal isn't t14. Most regional schools don't have employment numbers that justify the tuition. A regional school could be a good option IF you can get a substantial scholorship, which isn't hard if you ace the LSAT. Just realize if you take student loans to go to a TT at sticker, you will owe 6 figures in debt, with interest, your monthly loan payments will be 2000+... This is a risky endeavor even if you stand a shot at a biglaw salary, but very very few will get those jobs from your average regional school, and without that salary, you're dead in the water with those loan payments. If you're going to do the regional school thing, you absolutely need to have a high enough lsat to be offered a scholorship. Not studying for the most important determining factor of your career is nuts, and id hate to see anyone deceived by TT fraudulent employment statistics into thinking they'll be able to pay off attending that school at cost. I'm really not trying to be rude, just offering to shed some knowledge in case you've never been forced to look at it from this perspective.

CristopherG

Postby CristopherG » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 pm

TERS wrote:TOMORROW!! Christmas Eve. How am I gonna sleep?

Wishful thinking, maybe. Could be Wednesday, you know!

jvsj

Postby jvsj » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 pm

CristopherG wrote:

Yeah. I have a strong feeling its going to be Wednesday...

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:You guys should strongly consider taking this cycle off, and studying hard for a retake, even if your goal isn't t14. Most regional schools don't have employment numbers that justify the tuition. A regional school could be a good option IF you can get a substantial scholorship, which isn't hard if you ace the LSAT. Just realize if you take student loans to go to a TT at sticker, you will owe 6 figures in debt, with interest, your monthly loan payments will be 2000+... This is a risky endeavor even if you stand a shot at a biglaw salary, but very very few will get those jobs from your average regional school, and without that salary, you're dead in the water with those loan payments. If you're going to do the regional school thing, you absolutely need to have a high enough lsat to be offered a scholorship. Not studying for the most important determining factor of your career is nuts, and id hate to see anyone deceived by TT fraudulent employment statistics into thinking they'll be able to pay off attending that school at cost. I'm really not trying to be rude, just offering to shed some knowledge in case you've never been forced to look at it from this perspective.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm

jvsj wrote:
CristopherG wrote:

Don't say that. I can't!

kmc

Postby kmc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

jvsj wrote:
CristopherG wrote:

up until today i was SOOOOO sure it would be monday. as of today, i'm backing off and assuming wednesday. ugh.

TERS

Postby TERS » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

It's going to be tomorrow. Shut it.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 pm

TERS wrote:It's going to be tomorrow. Shut it.

+1
:lol:

kmc

Postby kmc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 pm

haha fine. (i mean, i'm hoping. i just don't want to end up being disappointed by both the release date AND my score)

Tammyb

Postby Tammyb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 pm

+ 2 :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”