Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll] Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
3%
March 1
5%
March 4
26%
March 5
24%
March 6
23%
March 7
4%
March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

Lumieres

Bronze

Re: Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Post by Lumieres » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

I would go with -9, -10.

jmart154

New

Post by jmart154 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

ws81086n wrote:Do you think you missed a certain number of questions that falls within the range for your score, or is that just what you've thought all along?
I scored a point above my PT average which lends me to believe our speculation of the test's "straightforwardness" might have some truth to it.

jmart154

New

Post by jmart154 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 am

MS415 wrote:
MS415 wrote:Congrats to all who got their desired scores. Im one of the unfortunate ones. I was PTing at 162-168 before test and my actual feb score is 152. Kinda depressed. Been lurking on this waiting thread for a while, never posted. If you wanna pay forward your good score, give me some advice and/or atleast words of wisdom. Thanks

I dont know what happened. I guess knowing its the real thibg and not having enough sleep the night before. But I'll keep my eye on the prize in June.
For me, a good night's sleep helps, but a lack thereof on test day is negligible. The adrenaline rushing through your system should be enough to offset any feeling of tiredness. That's from my experience, at least.

TomThompson

New

Post by TomThompson » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 am

HA. Well I'm not sure whether I feel hugely relieved or slightly disappointed. Been on vacation and the internet was out.

I gained 1(!) point from my October score, from a 166 to a 167. I have some acceptances to my target schools already (Canadian) so I doubt I will rewrite.

I guess I'm pretty relieved as I wouldn't have been surprised with a 162 coming out of that test. Bit of a waste of $200 and quite a few hours but YOLO ( :roll: ). I was quite worried I would score worse. Congratulations for everyone who achieved their targets, and good luck for anyone who plans on rewriting. I think my LSAT days are over :D

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 am

174!! Up from 170 in October. This was actually the lowest score I was going to accept without retaking. Feels good man

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TomThompson

New

Post by TomThompson » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 am

Come on if you are going to write that you need to post the jpg!

xjcsa

New

Post by xjcsa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:42 am

Legaleagle1 wrote:It's always fun to watch these threads on release day and know the majority of you falsify your score. 99% of test takers score below 170 yet almost all of you claim to be in that range. Since I am not fortunate enough to be in the 170s, please explain the flaw in my reasoning.
Not me...apparently I can't use the img tag, but here's a link to a screen shot of my lsac page and my IRR: http://i.imgur.com/jxVZBkW.jpg

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:30 am

Just got back from the bars. To everyone who is going to retake, a good increase is possible. Find your weaknesses and try to correct them. Put in more hours of studying and you will probably suceeed.

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 am

To the guy second guessing all the high scores: http://imgur.com/YuSYPRr

As far as my guess as to the curve: I had guessed what the range of possible right/wrong was for the test based on how I felt for each section. I can't remember the range, but the average sum was 5 wrong, with a margin of error of about 2 on either side (ie, ~3-~7 wrong). So obviously now I would guess I dropped 3 or 4 (never heard of a 5 wrong 178... could be wrong though). 3 wrong would lend itself to a -9 or -10, 4 to a -10 or -11.

So I guess -10, erring on the side of "I didn't do that well" and including the -11.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Instinctive

Bronze

Post by Instinctive » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:17 am

Don't have to retake...that's what I needed. Glad to see so many others did well also.

l0g0s

New

Post by l0g0s » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 am

Last edited by l0g0s on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 pm

I've spent the past 24 hours of my life questioning everything from my own abilities, to gods existence. I truly believe things happen for a reason and my next step is to be thankful I got a good kick in the rear before it was too late. Time to start studying for June, and I'm motivated more than ever

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:32 pm

I could post my score report, but I don't know if I care enough to go through the trouble for some random person on the internet that doesn't trust me lol. I guess I will

shit, posted it- didn't realize it had my address on there. I can send the link in a PM to the skeptic if you want it lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

North

Gold

Post by North » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:I've spent the past 24 hours of my life questioning everything from my own abilities, to gods existence. I truly believe things happen for a reason and my next step is to be thankful I got a good kick in the rear before it was too late. Time to start studying for June, and I'm motivated more than ever
Fuck yeah dude, go get that 170.

Eli

Bronze

Post by Eli » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:I've spent the past 24 hours of my life questioning everything from my own abilities, to gods existence. I truly believe things happen for a reason and my next step is to be thankful I got a good kick in the rear before it was too late. Time to start studying for June, and I'm motivated more than ever
Such a great post. Rooting for you, Ambitious!

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Wormfather wrote:Oh and guys, dont be afraid to reuse sections from old PTs some of my biggest gains came from looking at an LR or RC passage for a second time and finally going beyond the content and seeing the structure.

158>>>162>>>>170

KFV

New

Post by KFV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:53 am

So will we never be able to see our Answer Sheets and Conversion Tables because it's February or something?? We won't ever know exactly how many questions we got wrong?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:04 am

KFV wrote:So will we never be able to see our Answer Sheets and Conversion Tables because it's February or something?? We won't ever know exactly how many questions we got wrong?
Correct, since the February LSAT is an undisclosed administration you will never receive that information.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 am

Just wanted to share some funny shit. The day before scores came out I opened a fortune cookie, it said only: "Don't Panic."
Crazy shit!

samplekid

New

Post by samplekid » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:52 pm

samplekid wrote: I had been (and still am) planning on taking it again, since I plan on taking a year off after graduating in May until I start law school

JUST WONDERING....What kind of schools does a 162/3.65 GPA at Northeastern put me at?
Bump for insight

North

Gold

Post by North » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 pm

samplekid wrote:
samplekid wrote: I had been (and still am) planning on taking it again, since I plan on taking a year off after graduating in May until I start law school

JUST WONDERING....What kind of schools does a 162/3.65 GPA at Northeastern put me at?
Bump for insight
Few places worth paying sticker. Eight more points to that 170. Make it happen, dude. Here's what you can look forward to when you get there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KFV

New

Post by KFV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Jeffort wrote:
KFV wrote:So will we never be able to see our Answer Sheets and Conversion Tables because it's February or something?? We won't ever know exactly how many questions we got wrong?
Correct, since the February LSAT is an undisclosed administration you will never receive that information.
That is ROUGH. Wow, I'm glad I didn't know that while I was writing the test or I would've over-obsessed on it.

Sgttpc

New

Post by Sgttpc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 am

It stinks we won't know what areas to improve on, especially if you intend to retake. I doubt I will retake , even with my low score I will get in, just have to pay for my tuition. 2nd & 3 rd year they offer $$ if you perform well in year one.
Those who scored really high, congrats. I graduated college 15 years ago, and have not been back in school since. I worked as a state trooper for the past 24 years, and this was the toughest test I have ever taken. I only had 5 weeks to prepare and had a per-planned cruise over one, so I fell short. Good luck to everyone and I hope you get into the school of your choice.

l0g0s

New

Post by l0g0s » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

Sgttpc wrote:It stinks we won't know what areas to improve on, especially if you intend to retake. I doubt I will retake , even with my low score I will get in, just have to pay for my tuition. 2nd & 3 rd year they offer $$ if you perform well in year one.
Those who scored really high, congrats. I graduated college 15 years ago, and have not been back in school since. I worked as a state trooper for the past 24 years, and this was the toughest test I have ever taken. I only had 5 weeks to prepare and had a per-planned cruise over one, so I fell short. Good luck to everyone and I hope you get into the school of your choice.
I have a lot of respect for you, my uncle just did this a couple years ago, it's a tough move but seems to be really worth it. I have to say though, you have a great GPA man, take a year off and retake this. If you can get up to a 160 you're looking at a lot of money from a local school. Think of it as getting paid $75,000 to go fishing and study part time (plus that retirement check). It's a tough test, but you have a lot of room to improve and if you sign up for a prep course it shouldn't be a problem. Don't count on doing well enough to get a scholarship later on, this may happen to the top 15% of the class or so, and grades are based on a bunch of really hard tests that if you're lucky you'll do well and if you're not you won't. Don't count on being at the top of your class, take a year off, get that scholarship, and even if you're not in the top of the class there will be some great options for you in criminal law (without having to worry about 100k in debt or your retirement account that just disappeared).

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 pm

l0g0s wrote:
Sgttpc wrote:It stinks we won't know what areas to improve on, especially if you intend to retake. I doubt I will retake , even with my low score I will get in, just have to pay for my tuition. 2nd & 3 rd year they offer $$ if you perform well in year one.
I have a lot of respect for you, my uncle just did this a couple years ago, it's a tough move but seems to be really worth it. I have to say though, you have a great GPA man, take a year off and retake this. If you can get up to a 160 you're looking at a lot of money from a local school. Think of it as getting paid $75,000 to go fishing and study part time (plus that retirement check). It's a tough test, but you have a lot of room to improve and if you sign up for a prep course it shouldn't be a problem. Don't count on doing well enough to get a scholarship later on, this may happen to the top 15% of the class or so, and grades are based on a bunch of really hard tests that if you're lucky you'll do well and if you're not you won't. Don't count on being at the top of your class, take a year off, get that scholarship, and even if you're not in the top of the class there will be some great options for you in criminal law (without having to worry about 100k in debt or your retirement account that just disappeared).
Yeah my first pt i got a 142 i just got a 162 on the test. 5 weeks is not enough time to study for the test, oyu need to give yourself at least 2 1/2 months especially if you start out low. Just study for june and if you dont get any better then just apply with your current score, but don't sell yourself short, always work your hardest to put yourself in the best postion possible.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”