Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll] Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
3%
March 1
5%
March 4
26%
March 5
24%
March 6
23%
March 7
4%
March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

ws81086n

Bronze

Re: Feb Waiters

Post by ws81086n » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Let's hope for a -6 for 175 and no 174 :)

Volunteer

New

Post by Volunteer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm

mod edit

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm

-9 or -10 seems likely to me. I still have no idea which one of my LR was experimental. LR RC LR LR LG with 26-25-25 for my LR but it all seems a blur to me so I can't remember which question was which. Consensus was that the 26 was real and I'm hoping section 4 is the experimental.

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm really hoping it's not -9. Something tells me no -9 in light of the general opinion concerning LR and the fact that RC was at the very least average.

jmart154

New

Post by jmart154 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:59 pm

mod edit

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gronk

New

Post by gronk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm going to say -12,

Hard RC, average/hard LR, hard LR, but easy LG. I feel like the difficulty of LR would outweigh the LG, and throw in a difficult RC and that's my reasoning.

I also hold out hope that the opinion on the LG would be specific to this forum and high lsat achievers. Possible that LSAC may have devised a set of LG's that favor a steep learning curve - i.e. once you're comfortable with LG you find it easy, but certain aspects remain quite difficult for the 155 and lower? (Keep in mind I still feel half drunk from the pressure/lack of sleep/exam today).

Something else I'd like to debate, anyone think the curve will be more generous because large portions of the Eastern Seaboard have not taken the exam, and may (hopefully) be given another exam? You could speculate that these major metropolitan centers will have more children from "cognitive elite" households, and/or have felt parental pressure to achieve at a high level on this exam. I was born and live in the west, so I'm not trying to bash any geographic areas or say these pressures and intelligence don't exist elsewhere. I'm just saying maybe it's a good thing that we've taken 1500 or so big law lawyer's kids out of the mix.

gronk

New

Post by gronk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Volunteer wrote:
bruin91 wrote: Left feeling LG was either -0/1 or -22. I usually finished the PT sections with 3-4 minutes left, today I finished with about 30 seconds. Positive note, my test center rocked it! They served food and drinks at the break.

Overall, I have no idea on this one. I'm just glad it's over and wish the score would come tomorrow. The wait on this one will be brutal as will the lack of ever knowing what I did not know.
Feeling that, and hating it too. If I could get out of today's LR with -15 I'm a happy guy.

Volunteer

New

Post by Volunteer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 pm

mod edit

Volunteer

New

Post by Volunteer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 pm

gronk wrote:I'm going to say -12,

Hard RC, average/hard LR, hard LR, but easy LG. I feel like the difficulty of LR would outweigh the LG, and throw in a difficult RC and that's my reasoning.

I also hold out hope that the opinion on the LG would be specific to this forum and high lsat achievers. Possible that LSAC may have devised a set of LG's that favor a steep learning curve - i.e. once you're comfortable with LG you find it easy, but certain aspects remain quite difficult for the 155 and lower? (Keep in mind I still feel half drunk from the pressure/lack of sleep/exam today).

Something else I'd like to debate, anyone think the curve will be more generous because large portions of the Eastern Seaboard have not taken the exam, and may (hopefully) be given another exam? You could speculate that these major metropolitan centers will have more children from "cognitive elite" households, and/or have felt parental pressure to achieve at a high level on this exam. I was born and live in the west, so I'm not trying to bash any geographic areas or say these pressures and intelligence don't exist elsewhere. I'm just saying maybe it's a good thing that we've taken 1500 or so big law lawyer's kids out of the mix.
I actually thought of this myself. Maybe with most Ivys out, the remaining group will underperform. There is a flaw in this argument but I no longer give a shite.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Zoomie

Bronze

Post by Zoomie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 pm

I wonder if the wine drinker drank their moscato before the test today.

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 pm

mod edit

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Volunteer wrote:

I actually thought of this myself. Maybe with most Ivys out, the remaining group will underperform. There is a flaw in this argument but I no longer give a shite.
Curve is not evaluated the day of, sorry. Blizzard/earthquake/alien invasion the day of the test has no effect on the curve.

Bjorn

New

Post by Bjorn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 pm

'Curve' is determined beforehand, so it wouldn't make a difference. At least that's what everyone says.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Volunteer

New

Post by Volunteer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:anybody remember a shells question? I think it was crab shells..
Last edited by Volunteer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 pm

mod edit

Bjorn

New

Post by Bjorn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:20 pm

mod edit

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Bjorn wrote:
anybody remember a shells question? I think it was crab shells
That was an entire RC section, not an LR. Or am I losing my mind? (polysacrylate/polyaspartate?)
That must have been the RC passage I had 2 minutes to get to at the end :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gronk

New

Post by gronk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:24 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
Volunteer wrote:

Curve is not evaluated the day of, sorry. Blizzard/earthquake/alien invasion the day of the test has no effect on the curve.
http://www.admissionsdean.com/lsat/fun-facts-and-myths

My bubble had only just been filled...

Volunteer

New

Post by Volunteer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Bjorn wrote:
'Curve' is determined beforehand, so it wouldn't make a difference. At least that's what everyone says.
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/ex ... culty.html a good overview of why you are right, damn you :wink:

Volunteer

New

Post by Volunteer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:32 pm

gronk wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
Volunteer wrote:

http://www.admissionsdean.com/lsat/fun-facts-and-myths

My bubble had only just been filled...
Speaking of, my test center was nearly a ghost town.

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 pm

jmart154 wrote:mod edit
Don't remember this

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Take the average opinion here, subtract one or two, and you have your curve. I would say -12 is pretty unlikely. Seemed pretty similair to difficulty in October and that was -10

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:
Bjorn wrote:
anybody remember a shells question? I think it was crab shells
That was an entire RC section, not an LR. Or am I losing my mind? (polysacrylate/polyaspartate?)
That must have been the RC passage I had 2 minutes to get to at the end :(
Ugh brutal placement as the last passage. Started that question as they announced five minutes and it took all my willpower to not panic and just work through it. I was reading so fast it felt like I was inhaling the words with my eyes.

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 pm

dusters wrote:

Take the average opinion here, subtract one or two, and you have your curve. I would say -12 is pretty unlikely. Seemed pretty similair to difficulty in October and that was -10
I think it's 80% -10...pretty confident about this one

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:52 pm

And for the record, I think the highest % of people for October picked -12 as the most likely curve. I would be absolutely shocked if we had a higher curve than -11.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”