Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll] Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
3%
March 1
5%
March 4
26%
March 5
24%
March 6
23%
March 7
4%
March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

TheThriller

Gold

Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll]

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 pm

soj wrote:ATTENTION

You will be banned if you discuss LSAT questions. Read the sticky if you have any questions, and when in doubt, don't post.

If you've broken the rule, edit that shit out ASAP or you'll be banned.

If you try to circumvent the ban by creating a new account, I will find you and ban you permanently.
Hey guys, throwing this up here so no one gets banned.
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) understands and sympathizes with the anxiety that the LSAT causes test takers and their strong desire to discuss with their peers the questions that they have just taken on the LSAT. However, LSAC prohibits such discussion, including the so-called “postmortem” discussion of test questions immediately after a particular test administration, because it has the potential to affect the fairness of the LSAT and the law school admission process. Certain LSATs are non-disclosed and their questions may be used again at a later administration of the test. And even in the case of disclosed tests there may be circumstances in which LSAC may need to administer a test form to some test takers somewhat later than to others. Discussion of test questions in a public forum like a website before the test is disclosed, even though its usefulness is limited by the memory and ability of the participants, makes information about that test widely available to anyone who has access to the web and may unfairly advantage test takers who see the discussion before they take the test. Since the number of admission slots in law schools is limited, such an unfair advantage could penalize those who took the test at an earlier time, including those very people engaging in the post-mortem discussion.

In an effort to ensure the fairness of the LSAT, LSAC requires test takers to sign a statement on the LSAT answer sheet saying that they agree not to “copy or retain examination questions or to transmit them to or discuss them with any other person in any form.” In addition, test takers sign a certification statement on the LSAT admission ticket agreeing that they have “no right to reproduce, recreate, distribute, or sell any of that test.” In this statement they also certify that they “understand that the Law School Admission Council reserves the right to pursue all suitable courses of action to prevent fraudulent or unauthorized use of its property and to prevent the compromise of secure test material.” Thus, test takers enter into a contract with LSAC that they will not discuss with others the test questions they have taken. In addition, LSAC’s “Instructions for the Day of the Test” state: “Legal action may be taken against anyone who removes test materials and/or reproduces test material in any way, or shares LSAT test content prior to LSAC’s disclosure of that test.”

If inappropriate public discussion of test questions on public websites reaches a point at which it threatens to undermine the fairness of the LSAT, injuring LSAT test takers, or at which it damages the value of non-disclosed LSAT test forms, LSAC would be compelled to take appropriate action to prevent such injury or damage. These actions could include reporting violators to the LSAC Misconduct Committee. Admission to the bar and the practice of law impose high standards of conduct and LSAC member law schools take very seriously the integrity of the candidates they admit.

LSAC does not seek to take special steps to enforce its prohibition on the inappropriate discussion of test questions. We would prefer that test takers recognize that compromising test questions before they have been disclosed by LSAC runs counter to the general interest of test takers in a fair testing process, as well as to the personal interest of those discussing the questions, and voluntarily refrain from discussing LSAT questions until after they have been disclosed to test takers by LSAC. However, we believe that we have an obligation to both our law school members and our test takers to protect the fairness and integrity of the LSAT and the law school admission process, and we take that obligation very seriously.

Jim Vaseleck
Executive Assistant to the President and Associate Counsel, LSAC
Last edited by TheThriller on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

bizzybone1313

Silver

Re: Feb Waiters

Post by bizzybone1313 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Are you peeps applying for fall admission this late in the game since apps are so down?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:31 pm

next cycle, already have apps in this cycle though

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm trying to boost $$$.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm pretty confident I nailed the test except for the last LG. I don't know why since im a pretty consistent -0er but there was 1/2 questions I don't think I got right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 pm

What did you guys think of LR? I thought some were just.. unusually hard.

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm

The LG's weren't as hard as I thought they would be (I had two sections of LG's). I wasn't prepared to open my test at 8:31 and see RC!!!! WTF? I was barley awake! :shock:

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 pm

I had 2 as well, thought one was easy and one was less easy but I think I might of messed up a rule diagram on the last LG of the non-experimental. It was pretty easy to tell which one was experimental and which one wasnt.

LR was nothing out of the ordinary and I thought RC was a breeze.

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:45 pm

PickMe! wrote:The LG's weren't as hard as I thought they would be (I had two sections of LG's). I wasn't prepared to open my test at 8:31 and see RC!!!! WTF? I was barley awake! :shock:
I had LR as my 1st section, so I'm hoping its the experimental because that was terrible.

I think the LR I saw today were the hardest in the 60s. For sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TUICE

New

Post by TUICE » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm

PickMe! wrote:I'm trying to boost $$$.
+1

TomThompson

New

Post by TomThompson » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

TheThriller wrote:I had 2 as well, thought one was easy and one was less easy but I think I might of messed up a rule diagram on the last LG of the non-experimental. It was pretty easy to tell which one was experimental and which one wasnt.

LR was nothing out of the ordinary and I thought RC was a breeze.
LG was pretty easy but I felt really terrible coming out of RC. Had to guess on two of the questions in that awful section about environmental industrial cleaning. Not sure what was wrong with me today.

ktalina86

New

Post by ktalina86 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Do we get our scores as scheduled, or will there be a delay on the release because of the blizzard?
Last edited by ktalina86 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fellytone

New

Post by fellytone » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

1st LR was terrible (after the proctor announced there were only 5-minutes left I lost it); LR in general was pretty hard. :'(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 pm

101 questions on the exam, looking for a generous 170 curve.

Michigan1442

New

Post by Michigan1442 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:57 pm

I had 3 LR..LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Hoping the first LR (26) was experimental. The second LR (25) was oddly easy so with my luck that is prob the experimental.

First 2 RC passages were easy, second 2 were harder. LG was fine but I remember one of the games being weird.

Michigan1442

New

Post by Michigan1442 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Was there for sure 101 questions?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Michigan1442 wrote:Was there for sure 101 questions?
Yea I had 27RC - 26LR - 23LG - 23LG -25LR

take away 1 of the LGs and you have 101.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2x2Matrix

Bronze

Post by 2x2Matrix » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm

I had RC - LR - LG - LG - LR

Which LG was experimental? Not sure what kind of questions are kosher for me to ask to figure this out.

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:
PickMe! wrote:The LG's weren't as hard as I thought they would be (I had two sections of LG's). I wasn't prepared to open my test at 8:31 and see RC!!!! WTF? I was barley awake! :shock:
I had LR as my 1st section, so I'm hoping its the experimental because that was terrible.

I think the LR I saw today were the hardest in the 60s. For sure.
LR has always been my strongest section(s). I don't know why, but I can often spot the correct answer with little to any reading. So, when I say LR was easy as hell (in the other thread), take it with a grain of salt.

dxing

New

Post by dxing » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 pm

I has rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

The last lg of the 1st section was quite strange... and so was the last 1 on the 2nd section

Not really sure which was experimental

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 pm

2x2Matrix wrote:I had RC - LR - LG - LG - LR

Which LG was experimental? Not sure what kind of questions are kosher for me to ask to figure this out.
I think the second section was experimental. The second section was much too easy to be the real section.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Which LG was experimental? Not sure what kind of questions are kosher ofr me to ask to figure this out.
Same here, although I know which one is the exp because I over heard some bathroom talk at the end of the test. Sucks because the exp I feel like I got 100% but the real one I may have missed a few.

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:04 pm

TheThriller wrote:

Which LG was experimental? Not sure what kind of questions are kosher ofr me to ask to figure this out.
Same here, although I know which one is the exp because I over heard some bathroom talk at the end of the test. Sucks because the exp I feel like I got 100% but the real one I may have missed a few.

Spill the beans!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:05 pm

PickMe! wrote:
TheThriller wrote:

Spill the beans!
I don't know how to properly iterate it without getting in trouble.

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:06 pm

TheThriller wrote:
PickMe! wrote:
TheThriller wrote:

Spill the beans!
I don't know how to properly iterate it without getting in trouble.
:lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”