Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll] Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
3%
March 1
5%
March 4
26%
March 5
24%
March 6
23%
March 7
4%
March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

JDot

New

Re: Feb Waiters (ATTENTION: Discuss LSAT Qs → BANNED)

Post by JDot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm

to anyone who had only 2 LR sections.....did one of the sections seem a bit odd and difficult and the other normal or did both feel fairly normal?

I had 3 LRs and its really bugging me trying to figure out which one was the experimental because I think I did really well on 2, but my first section was LR and it seemed diferent than most LR sections and somewhat difficult, praying that was the experimental

Aequitas_

New

Post by Aequitas_ » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Dusters
Had two people come in without their photo id attached day of the test. Lucky for them the proctors ran and got some real quick. Also had someone ask if the proctors gave any time warnings, made me facepalm pretty hard.
Haha that might have been me. Did you test at IVC?

dvt

New

Post by dvt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:41 pm

bruin91 wrote:Sticker said general statement, I hope this fits the requirement.

Has anyone shed any light as to which the experimental section was for LR(26), RC, LR(25), LR(26), and RC. The answer is contingent on me canceling or not. Please let me know.
Before things got deleted, I think people were leaning towards the third LR being the experimental for people with LR (26) LR (25), LR (26) - the second was for sure real though.

I'm hoping this is also the case for those who had LR (26)- LR (25) - LR (25) - I know we can't discuss specific questions, but is there anyone who had LR (26- 25- 25) who figured out which was the experimental amongst friends? I know the LR (26) was for sure real and I found it to be quite difficult. I also found the second LR (25) quite difficult and the second LR (25) to be fairly easy.

Kane92

New

Post by Kane92 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:44 pm

mod edit

lawl92

New

Post by lawl92 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:08 pm

mod edit

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tacofreedom

New

Post by tacofreedom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Is ordering consistent within tests that have the same experimental?

ie will the LR sections in LR RC LR LR LG tests appear in the same order for everyone with sections in that order?

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Anyone else having a hard time getting this test off their mind? Eventually I'll settle down, but I haven't had much success in doing so yet.

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 pm

I wandered in at 8:15, took a look around, and said pretty loudly "damn, why does everyone look like they're going to a funeral?"

The proctors thought it was pretty funny. Hit or miss with the other test takers though.

TERS

Bronze

Post by TERS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:43 pm

CristopherG wrote:I wandered in at 8:15, took a look around, and said pretty loudly "damn, why does everyone look like they're going to a funeral?"

The proctors thought it was pretty funny. Hit or miss with the other test takers though.
That's awesome. Our group was like 50/50. Half the people were super chill and laid back, the others looked insane.

At any rate, I really need to be studying/working on a presentation right now but cannot focus. Just release the scores now, LSAC. Put me out of my misery.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SicSemper

New

Post by SicSemper » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:45 pm

ws81086n wrote:Anyone else having a hard time getting this test off their mind? Eventually I'll settle down, but I haven't had much success in doing so yet.
Yes.

I keep going over different scenarios in my head. Like, "The most I could've gotten wrong in that last section was X, and the least is Y, but then again regardless of how I felt based on my practice tests I should assume I got about Z wrong on that section..." and then I do the math on every possible scenario to figure out what my raw score would be in the very best and the very worst case, and then look at the average and the range, and then calculate what those raw scores would translate to with different curves...
Last edited by SicSemper on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 pm

ws81086n wrote:Anyone else having a hard time getting this test off their mind? Eventually I'll settle down, but I haven't had much success in doing so yet.
Yes, I am. I'm already having nightmares about it! Can't think about anything else.

calbear123

New

Post by calbear123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Totally agree, can't get the test off my mind. Every time I see one of my 10,000 prep books lying around I freak. Every time a song comes on that I used to listen to during that time, I freak. Every time my parents ask "so what score do you think you're gonna get?" I freak. I'm a huge ball of nerves. I'm even tempted to keep studying so in case the score comes back lower than expected I can at least be prepared for June. Even though I've been studying non-stop for.... 7 months? So sad.

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Aequitas_ wrote:
Dusters
Had two people come in without their photo id attached day of the test. Lucky for them the proctors ran and got some real quick. Also had someone ask if the proctors gave any time warnings, made me facepalm pretty hard.
Haha that might have been me. Did you test at IVC?
Nope. Must be pretty common though. Seems to always be a few people who have no idea what they are doing at the LSAT though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 pm

SicSemper wrote:
Yes.

I keep going over different scenarios in my head. Like, "The most I could've gotten wrong in that last section was X, and the least is Y, but then again regardless of how I felt based on my practice tests I should assume I got about Z wrong on that section..." and then I do the math on every possible scenario to figure out what my raw score would be in the very best and the very worst case, and then look at the average and the range, and then calculate what those raw scores would translate to with different curves...
Same... I figure I'm anywhere from -3 to -8 as best I can figure, which is a huge range of possible scores.

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm actually a little bit more open to the idea of a -11 curve now. I'd probably say -10 is still more likely though. -12 still seems implausible.

TERS

Bronze

Post by TERS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm

ws81086n wrote:I'm actually a little bit more open to the idea of a -11 curve now. I'd probably say -10 is still more likely though. -12 still seems implausible.
-8 man

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm

TERS wrote:
ws81086n wrote:I'm actually a little bit more open to the idea of a -11 curve now. I'd probably say -10 is still more likely though. -12 still seems implausible.
-8 man
I disagree. This test was definitely not easier than October/December, so I don't know how it could end up on a harsher curve. My guess is -10 or -11.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TERS

Bronze

Post by TERS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 pm

-7 man

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 pm

TERS wrote:-7 man
-7 seems extremely improbable as it just doesn't happen very much in general. I would put the range at -9 to -11. Above average RC difficulty, one difficult LR section, and about an average LG section. I thought it was pretty comparable to October which was -10 I think.

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Kayak or jetski?

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 pm

TERS is just being a dick. He's not serious.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TERS

Bronze

Post by TERS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

lol. -6 man. hehe

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Re: Feb Waiters

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm

PickMe! wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
2x2Matrix wrote:I had RC - LR - LG - LG - LR

Which LG was experimental? Not sure what kind of questions are kosher ofr me to ask to figure this out.
Same here, although I know which one is the exp because I over heard some bathroom talk at the end of the test. Sucks because the exp I feel like I got 100% but the real one I may have missed a few.

Spill the beans!
it is possible that you're allowed to use vague subjects areas... but don't quote me on that as I haven't cared since last june

finnandjake2

Bronze

Post by finnandjake2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm

dusters wrote:
TERS wrote:-7 man
-7 seems extremely improbable as it just doesn't happen very much in general. I would put the range at -9 to -11. Above average RC difficulty, one difficult LR section, and about an average LG section. I thought it was pretty comparable to October which was -10 I think.
October was definitely -10. I took it so I should know. I'd say that the LG was easier this time and the rest was a little tougher so my guess would be that it ends up being -10 again.

SicSemper

New

Post by SicSemper » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm

CristopherG wrote:
SicSemper wrote:
Yes.

Same... I figure I'm anywhere from -3 to -8 as best I can figure, which is a huge range of possible scores.
Congrats! If your estimation is accurate, then regardless of the curve you're golden. My range is even wider (I want to be prepared for both *extremely* pessimistic and optimistic scenarios).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”