Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PeterD

New

Question

Post by PeterD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:38 am

Hi All,

I'm currently enlisted to take the LSAT in June. I'm hoping I will be in time to register for the fall semester of Law School.

I am aiming for 160-165.

What is the best method of studying to achieve this score?

I am thinking about taking a Princeton Review class along with doing some self-studying (Powerscore bibles)

Is it better to do an online course or a regular class setting course?

Also I'm thinking about Applying to Brooklyn Law, St John's University, Miami University, Florida State, and Hofstra. If i can achieve the score I desire, will it be enough to get into any of these schools I named above?

Any Help will be appreciated, Thanks.

shieldofachilles

Bronze

Re: Question

Post by shieldofachilles » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 am

read the first two schools figured ur a new yorker so i was like what the hell ill bite..3rd and 4th no clue anymore...5th no one should go to hofstra ever even if its free. check lst then come back with a new set of schools. brooklyn might be considered at a full ride, but shit why not aim higher. dude as an 0L who hasnt even taken the lsat for real yet (taking in june too) ive definitely learned 4 things:

1) go the best school you can
2) get a 170+ on the lsat
3) go to the best school you can so u can get a real job

also...i dont know if this is a flame or not but it still holds true....t14 at sticker is better than brooklyn every time. employment prospects for all the schools you listed suck. how would u like coming out of hofstra with a 40% chance at getting a job that even requires you to have a JD? taking on 300K in debt for a less than coin flip chance at a job paying 60K is not a smart economic decision. if this isnt a flame, check out noodleyone's retake guide for a 179.

and for your enjoyment lawschoolnumbers.com (when it restarts)

PeterD

New

Post by PeterD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:05 am

I am a new yorker.
I'm just looking for tips/strategies.
I've taken the test before but i choked badly on it and was looking for pointers on the 2nd time around.

thanks for the input though.

shieldofachilles

Bronze

Post by shieldofachilles » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:14 am

man i really didnt want to come off sounding like a douchebag but really im concerned for people going to schools like hofstra without realizing the horrible things waiting for them when they graduate. if u can, study harder and retake. whats ur gpa? with 3.6/7 and a 166 i think you would have a decent shot at fordham, which definitely holds its own in the legal market here in ny. if u wanna stay in ny (im a nyer too and this is my plan)...if shit fails, go to fordham...if shit fails bad, do something else. getting a job as a lawyer is one thing, but getting a job as a lawyer that allows u to pay off debt and eat is a totally different animal.

For prep follow noodleyone's guide or pithypikes (pithy's is stickied in the lsat prep forum on the top)...both are credited and praised by many here on tls

PeterD

New

Post by PeterD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 am

well i am retaking in June.

I had a 3.0 GPA as an undergrad :(

thank you for the input. Much Appreciated

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”