LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
KFV

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 am

LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby KFV » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Someone posted this on facebook:

Image

And my first thought was, "That'd be an indication that you should trust all people who like big butts, not that you should only trust people who like big butts."

-___-

User avatar
dingbat

Gold
Posts: 4975
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby dingbat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

your brain's been turned to mush, hasn't it?
(no need to answer, just go dribble in the corner)

User avatar
eliztudorr

Bronze
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby eliztudorr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

ohhh this is hilarious :) GO LSAT

User avatar
manofjustice

Silver
Posts: 1321
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby manofjustice » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Logic is important.

User avatar
Typhoon24

Silver
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby Typhoon24 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm

The lyrics are "I like big butts and I can not lie."

when I saw the meme, I was like "correlation/causation! *...now let me find the correct answer..oh wait."
they don't lie BECAUSE they like big butts, it is just that this particular Six Mix a lot fellow seems to like big butts and also cannot lie.

Oh fuck wrong dude lol
Last edited by Typhoon24 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dingbat

Gold
Posts: 4975
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby dingbat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:The lyrics are "I like big butts and I can not lie."

when I saw the meme, I was like "correlation/causation! *...now let me find the correct answer..oh wait."
they don't lie BECAUSE they like big butts, it is just that this particular MC Hammer fellow seems to like big butts and also cannot lie.

Sir Mix-a-Lot =/= MC Hammer

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 pm

wow, and I thought lounge posters were fucking retarded.

User avatar
Tom Joad

Gold
Posts: 4528
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm

I think the PCP did more than the LSAT prep.

User avatar
eav1277

Bronze
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 am

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby eav1277 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Tom Joad wrote:I think the PCP did more than the LSAT prep.


That was mean but very funny

User avatar
Poo-T

Bronze
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby Poo-T » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Conclusion: Only trust ppl who like big butts OR If (P) you should trust somebody, then (Q) they like big butts

Premise: they [ppl who like big butts] cannot lie OR if (Q) someone likes big butts, then (R) they cannot lie

So we get the argument
1. show Conc: P --> Q
2. P assume conditional
3. Q-->R premise

The argument is invalid because,

if:
P = true
R = true
Q = false

then the Conclusion (1) is false, despite that both premises (2 & 3) are true.

Did I do good guise?

User avatar
jkpolk

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby jkpolk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 am

Poo-T wrote:Conclusion: Only trust ppl who like big butts OR If (P) you should trust somebody, then (Q) they like big butts

Premise: they [ppl who like big butts] cannot lie OR if (Q) someone likes big butts, then (R) they cannot lie

So we get the argument
1. show Conc: P --> Q
2. P assume conditional
3. Q-->R premise

The argument is invalid because,

if:
P = true
R = true
Q = false

then the Conclusion (1) is false, despite that both premises (2 & 3) are true.

Did I do good guise?


no.

User avatar
jcccc

Bronze
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: LSAT prep has changed the way my brain works

Postby jcccc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Tom Joad wrote:I think the PCP did more than the LSAT prep.


lmao woooop



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests