wtf? Withdraw February?

nmare

wtf? Withdraw February?

Postby nmare » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

URM Applicant trying to get 165+ and feeling horrible. I have taken a PT everyday this week in prep for tomorrow and my score have been 164, 165, 165, 166, 162, and 160, respectively. The 160 was on PT 66 that I just took today and 162 on PT 65 that I took yesterday. This is making me feel extremely timid in my test-taking abilities :x . The problem is that I have taken the LSAT twice before, once in October 2011 (cancel) and just recently in December 2012 (160). Given that it's my last LSAT, should I push till June and sit this cycle out? Or, if anyone is familiar with the two-year rule, can I take the test tomorrow and be 100% able to take it again in October 2013? I'm not sure, given the three test rule, if I would be able to take it for the fourth time in October if I do end up taking the test tomorrow. Also worth mentioning that I have spent $ on a handful of apps and got approval from many t14s that they will wait for my Feb LSAT score to make a decision. Thanks in advance for replies.

mg7

Re: wtf? Withdraw February?

Postby mg7 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 pm

It sounds like you've burned yourself out. Taking a PT every day is not a good idea. If you aren't applying this cycle, I'd recommend rescheduling your test to June. Just keep in mind that you need to give your brain a break. I scored my best PT scores after 2 or 3 days of breaking with no studying. If you are set on tomorrow, then you need to spend the rest of today relaxing and doing something fun.

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:58 pm

oh no....no PT the day prior. Need a fresh, clear mind. Like PP said, you've probably burned yourself out. Take the night off, go eat a nice dinner with some friends, watch a movie and get a good night's rest.

Anonimo

Postby Anonimo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 am

I vote burn out too.. It happened to me twice while studying. If you are going to proceed and take the test, which I wouldn't recommend, then go watch a movie and relax. Watching a movie was my best way to rest the eyes and force my mind to think about something else...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”