Simple Ordering Games

Sourrudedude

Simple Ordering Games

Postby Sourrudedude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm currently working on drilling simple ordering questions and I'm looking for any advice. Where I'm at right now is that I probably go -0 on almost half of the games, -1 on most of the rest, and really mess up every once in a while. When I miss one question it is almost always because I forget to apply one of the rules to the question at hand and when I miss more than one question it is usually because I misread one of the rules in the first place and have been operating with bad inferences.

For my sake and for anyone else out there working on Simple Ordering games, I'm just wondering how you guys approach them. (How do you diagram? How long do you spend before you attack the questions? How long do you spend considering the inferences from local questions vs. reading the answer choices? etc.)

(Also, I apologize if this thread is too much of a repeat of threads in the past; as you can probably tell, I'm far from mastering the workings of TLS.)

Sourrudedude

Re: Simple Ordering Games

Postby Sourrudedude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Also, I have a semi-related question: Does the LSAT give you a full blank page for each game? I think I read this somewhere. If so, do people practice with a full page of scratch paper?

jselson

Postby jselson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Also, I have a semi-related question: Does the LSAT give you a full blank page for each game? I think I read this somewhere. If so, do people practice with a full page of scratch paper?

No, but each game is now spread across two pages, so there's plenty of room to work below the problems.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Do you have the LGB? Simple ordering games are an easy game type so any prep material should be able to tell you how to diagram them.

Can you give an example (NOT from a real LSAT)

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:I'm currently working on drilling simple ordering questions and I'm looking for any advice. Where I'm at right now is that I probably go -0 on almost half of the games, -1 on most of the rest, and really mess up every once in a while. When I miss one question it is almost always because I forget to apply one of the rules to the question at hand and when I miss more than one question it is usually because I misread one of the rules in the first place and have been operating with bad inferences.

For my sake and for anyone else out there working on Simple Ordering games, I'm just wondering how you guys approach them. (How do you diagram? How long do you spend before you attack the questions? How long do you spend considering the inferences from local questions vs. reading the answer choices? etc.)

(Also, I apologize if this thread is too much of a repeat of threads in the past; as you can probably tell, I'm far from mastering the workings of TLS.)

On a simple linear game, a good diagram that ties all the rules pretty much into one diagram can make the world of difference of not forgetting a rule. I started doing that and now I don't run out of time on those games.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:05 am

I actually don't like the new extra space. I lose track of which diagram is for which question, and all the extra space makes me do a bunch of hypos that may or may not help and just end up eating time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”