Blizzard this weekend

bre.kidman

Re: Blizzard this weekend

Postby bre.kidman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
bre.kidman wrote:So unbelievably pissed. I'm at work in Portland today. I've reached the point of diminishing returns with studying. I was SO READY for this to be overrrrrrrr.

How are y'all going to cope with the next week? How do we stay sharp when we're already at burnout point? Anyone got a plan to share?

I feel your pain. This sucks for so many people. We're in the 21st century - why can't we prevent weather disasters yet?

If you're burnt out, rest. Then take a couple of timed PTs each week until your test (not on consecutive days).

I live in Northern New England. Snow (even 24 inches of it) is not a real weather disaster. People need to cut the crap with this "milk and bread" panic and get some damn snow tires. </crankytoddlerrant>

Sounds like a good call, though. I'm out of tests... does re-using ones on which I scored poorly sound legit?

tmm3

Postby tmm3 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Hahah bre.kidman I 100% agree regarding the hysteria (from Northern NY). And thats what I have been doing for the past week so I say go for it.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:18 pm

bre.kidman wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:
bre.kidman wrote:So unbelievably pissed. I'm at work in Portland today. I've reached the point of diminishing returns with studying. I was SO READY for this to be overrrrrrrr.

How are y'all going to cope with the next week? How do we stay sharp when we're already at burnout point? Anyone got a plan to share?

I feel your pain. This sucks for so many people. We're in the 21st century - why can't we prevent weather disasters yet?

If you're burnt out, rest. Then take a couple of timed PTs each week until your test (not on consecutive days).

I live in Northern New England. Snow (even 24 inches of it) is not a real weather disaster. People need to cut the crap with this "milk and bread" panic and get some damn snow tires. </crankytoddlerrant>

Sounds like a good call, though. I'm out of tests... does re-using ones on which I scored poorly sound legit?

I agree - weather.com is doing its darndest to drive those pageviews. I just got to thinking about how NYC and NJ still aren't even fully recovered from Sandy (not that Sandy and Nemo are in the same category), and NYC is never really prepared for snowstorms (in contrast to upstate and New England).

With regard to your question, yes, re-using PTs that you scored poorly on would be the best way to go in your case.

samplekid

Postby samplekid » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 am

Any one hear back on rescheduling dates? I feel like less than a few days notice is a little rough (especially considering I have work commitments and things)

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am

samplekid wrote:Any one hear back on rescheduling dates? I feel like less than a few days notice is a little rough (especially considering I have work commitments and things)

Nothing yet. I think it would be pretty unfair of them to make us take the test this Saturday with so little notice. Hopefully we'll get some news today.

bre.kidman

Postby bre.kidman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 pm

chickpea wrote:
samplekid wrote:Any one hear back on rescheduling dates? I feel like less than a few days notice is a little rough (especially considering I have work commitments and things)

Nothing yet. I think it would be pretty unfair of them to make us take the test this Saturday with so little notice. Hopefully we'll get some news today.

Ugh. Someone make a "scumbag LSAC" meme. Just found out I'm testing THIS Saturday at a test center 45 minutes away from the one I'd originally planned for (and done dry runs to, established parking at, etc). Not pleased... though I guess it will be good to finally have it over with. Anyone else get reschedule for this week? Anyone get pushed out another week?

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 pm

bre.kidman wrote:
chickpea wrote:

Ugh. Someone make a "scumbag LSAC" meme. Just found out I'm testing THIS Saturday at a test center 45 minutes away from the one I'd originally planned for (and done dry runs to, established parking at, etc). Not pleased... though I guess it will be good to finally have it over with. Anyone else get reschedule for this week? Anyone get pushed out another week?

Yeah, basically the exact same thing happened to me. I'm taking it this Saturday at a different testing center that is not as convenient as the one I had originally planned on using. You're right - at this point I just can't wait to be done with this test!

Sadieche2464

Postby Sadieche2464 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 pm

+1 couldn't they give us at least a week's notice! The only positive is that we can finally get this over with, but I'm really annoyed about the short notice.

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 am

Haven't been studying at ALL since last wednesday.

Need to refresh a bit and hope this break serves me well...

bre.kidman

Postby bre.kidman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 pm

gobosox wrote:Haven't been studying at ALL since last wednesday.

Me either. AND I hadn't planned to PT this morning, so I only had time for 3 sections :(

At least they were good sections? My plan (fwiw) is just to re-take tests (or, I guess, sections given the time left) that I did poorly on and improve in order to boost my confidence so I can go in with *ahem* killer swag on Saturday. I also convinced a relative familiar with the area around my new test center to drive me there so that some of that stress can be eliminated.

Maybe they'll take pity on us and throw us an easy test for the inconvenience? :lol:

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 pm

bre.kidman wrote:

Me either. AND I hadn't planned to PT this morning, so I only had time for 3 sections :(

At least they were good sections? My plan (fwiw) is just to re-take tests (or, I guess, sections given the time left) that I did poorly on and improve in order to boost my confidence so I can go in with *ahem* killer swag on Saturday. I also convinced a relative familiar with the area around my new test center to drive me there so that some of that stress can be eliminated.

Maybe they'll take pity on us and throw us an easy test for the inconvenience? :lol:

Are you going to drink wine beforehand?

bre.kidman

Postby bre.kidman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 pm

gobosox wrote:
bre.kidman wrote:

Are you going to drink wine beforehand?

Sure am. One glass only, though, and after breakfast. I'm going to bring a single-serve mini-bottle of moscato (because I'm a classy broad) and crack it open when I get there. I tried again today and STILL can't break 169 sober.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Good luck to everyone taking the test tomorrow!

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Good luck everyone!!!

bre.kidman

Postby bre.kidman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Yes! Good luck to everyone. May the unexpected blip in LSAT routine have more favorable consequences than any of us could possibly anticipate!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”