. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Kharon542

New

Post by Kharon542 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 am

Last edited by Kharon542 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Throttle

New

Re: Drilling LR and RC

Post by Throttle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 am

Yep you can drill RC and LR just like LG.

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/

totoro

Bronze

Post by totoro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Yup. You don't even need the Cambridge bundles for RC in my opinion. (Of the three sections, I only used Cambridge for LR since they break out the different LR question types, and it's important to attack each type differently). But it doesn't matter as much for RC where practice is practice. You can use any PT that you haven't saved for a full-length test, and just drill all the RC sections from different PT's in a row. It's very effective, I usually did 12-16 passages/day during my RC practice.

evolution

New

Post by evolution » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm

totoro wrote:I only used Cambridge for LR
Did you not use Cambridge for LG b/c your LG was already solid or?

totoro

Bronze

Post by totoro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:31 am

evolution wrote:Did you not use Cambridge for LG b/c your LG was already solid or?
So I think Cambridge is only necessary for LR. You really want to get Cambridge to drill LR since it really helps to think at length about how to approach the various question types. For LG, it's totally up to you. I don't think as many people buy the LG one but probably still a good number do. I think Cambridge breaks out the LG's by type (ordering, grouping, etc.) so that you can practice by game type. If you think that will help you, it might be worth the purchase, though I don't necessarily think you need to adopt a different "strategy" for every different type of game and there are also a lot of hybrid games these days, which makes it less useful. I just drilled a bunch of LG sections from real PT's as my drilling practice. This worked well because I could also use the same PT's to drill RC sections when I worked on practicing RC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”