Retaking in June with applications already sent? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SteelPenguin

Silver

Retaking in June with applications already sent?

Post by SteelPenguin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm hoping to get some questions answered about applications and retakes, I hope this is the right section.

I took my LSAT in December and ended up with a 165/3.79. I have been accepted to GW (no word on scholarships, but not expecting much), and I have applications pending for several top 14 schools. When do most schools require an answer for attending for the year? I know I would lose seat deposit money if I did not attend a school, but would it hurt my acceptance chances in the following cycle if I had previously backed out of attending a school?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

mindarmed

Silver

Re: Retaking in June with applications already sent?

Post by mindarmed » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:05 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:I'm hoping to get some questions answered about applications and retakes, I hope this is the right section.

I took my LSAT in December and ended up with a 165/3.79. I have been accepted to GW (no word on scholarships, but not expecting much), and I have applications pending for several top 14 schools. When do most schools require an answer for attending for the year? I know I would lose seat deposit money if I did not attend a school, but would it hurt my acceptance chances in the following cycle if I had previously backed out of attending a school?

eat your seat deposit and retake.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:I'm hoping to get some questions answered about applications and retakes, I hope this is the right section.

So other than the seat deposit, their wouldn't be any downside, right?

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:11 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:

So other than the seat deposit, their wouldn't be any downside, right?
correct. you have a fantastic GPA, if you hit 175+ on the LSAT you'll get money from many of the T14.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm

armedwithamind wrote: correct. you have a fantastic GPA, if you hit 175+ on the LSAT you'll get money from many of the T14.
Exactly. Even with a 169 you're talking money from the lower t14.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”