Wine?

Jeffort

Re: Wine?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Skill Game wrote:my view on this is that if you can only really get motivated to study through alcohol, then its probably the thing to do. youre at least going to learn and retain some amount of information

This would be a very bad habit for LS or any type of studying/academics or work.

If you need booze to get motivated to try to be functional and/or productive...they have group meetings for people with such a problem. Plus, if you need to be buzzed to get yourself to study and do the reading, maybe you don't like doing that sort of stuff and going to LS and trying to become a lawyer is not a good thing to pursue unless you want to be miserable for many years to come. Save the partying to celebrate after you have accomplished something worthwhile that is worthy of celebration. Just a thought, carry on.

Here is a funny and sad case from Judge Joe Brown with a real winner, a guy on crack or messed on something in court arguing his case. It didn't work for him, especially admitting he was a drug dealer to the judge! It's a fun 'how not to do it' watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YO4XGLsFCk

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am

Jeffort wrote:
Skill Game wrote:my view on this is that if you can only really get motivated to study through alcohol, then its probably the thing to do. youre at least going to learn and retain some amount of information

This would be a very bad habit for LS or any type of studying/academics or work.

If you need booze to get motivated to try to be functional and/or productive...they have group meetings for people with such a problem. Plus, if you need to be buzzed to get yourself to study and do the reading, maybe you don't like doing that sort of stuff and going to LS and trying to become a lawyer is not a good thing to pursue unless you want to be miserable for many years to come. Save the partying to celebrate after you have accomplished something worthwhile that is worthy of celebration. Just a thought, carry on.

Here is a funny and sad case from Judge Joe Brown with a real winner, a guy on crack or messed on something in court arguing his case. It didn't work for him, especially admitting he was a drug dealer to the judge! It's a fun 'how not to do it' watch.

Disagree, alcohol makes everything better, even if you don't NEED it.

Also, OP-- how did you do on Saturday?!?!

bre.kidman

Postby bre.kidman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm

gobosox wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

Disagree, alcohol makes everything better, even if you don't NEED it.

Also, OP-- how did you do on Saturday?!?!

I was snowed in :( I'm still awaiting a reschedule date. That said, I don't NEED alcohol and all my studying is done sober. Just saying... a glass of wine (not enough to even get a real buzz going) seems to bring me over 170 a lot more frequently than testing without wine does :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”