Paris lsat

Throttle

Paris lsat

Postby Throttle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:59 am

Is anyone taking or has anyone took the lsat in Paris. Would like to kno what to expect.

cinephile

Re: Paris lsat

Postby cinephile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 am

Yup. First, nearly everyone there will be American. Next, expect it to take longer than anticipated to administer the exam. During the pause, you can go downstairs to the bar (if they're still administering it at the same building in La Chapelle) and get a drink, which is cool. Expect 95% of the people there to have traveled to take the test and most of whom intend on taking a train or plane that evening - but since the exam always always runs over, half the people will end up canceling the exam and leaving in the middle just so they can catch their train. Don't worry about bringing your luggage to the exam, there's a luggage room. And if you're traveling to take the exam, spending the night before in a hostel might not be the best way to wake up refreshed the next morning. It's a pretty chill experience, actually. I've also taken in the US and the French proctors didn't give a care about anything.

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 am

cinephile wrote:Yup. First, nearly everyone there will be American. Next, expect it to take longer than anticipated to administer the exam. During the pause, you can go downstairs to the bar (if they're still administering it at the same building in La Chapelle) and get a drink, which is cool. Expect 95% of the people there to have traveled to take the test and most of whom intend on taking a train or plane that evening - but since the exam always always runs over, half the people will end up canceling the exam and leaving in the middle just so they can catch their train. Don't worry about bringing your luggage to the exam, there's a luggage room. And if you're traveling to take the exam, spending the night before in a hostel might not be the best way to wake up refreshed the next morning. It's a pretty chill experience, actually. I've also taken in the US and the French proctors didn't give a care about anything.

thx so much for the advice! I feel a lot better knowing that someone didn't have a terrible experience.

Also I will have my wife with me. Is the bar a place where she can hang, at least for a bit, without becoming agitated? is there Wifi?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 am

Hmm, i think it would mind numbingly boring for your wife. It took us 8 hours. Also, when I took it the testing site was in a sketchy area. She can go somewhere else and just meet up with you after.

Also, I ended up canceling my score. While I guess it wasn't horrible, it was disorganized. I've heard this about the London site too.

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:22 am

cinephile wrote:Hmm, i think it would mind numbingly boring for your wife. It took us 8 hours. Also, when I took it the testing site was in a sketchy area. She can go somewhere else and just meet up with you after.

Also, I ended up canceling my score. While I guess it wasn't horrible, it was disorganized. I've heard this about the London site too.

8hrs WTF! Well I guess we'll just have to find something else for her to do.
Thx!

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 am

Paris LSAT was the worst. Proctor and his cronies kept talking during the exam, and moving boxes, I shit you not, BOXES. He also would scream "Pencils down! Pencils down!"; we only had 15 ppl in the room. The worst was how he would scream 5mins (once again we are in a small room), I finished all 3 of my LR's with about 3-5 mins left, and it was just nerve wracking just counting down until he screamed Pencils down! Pencils down! Pencils down!

The good is you get a lot of desk room.

CR2012

Postby CR2012 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 am

Throttle wrote:Paris LSAT was the worst. Proctor and his cronies kept talking during the exam, and moving boxes, I shit you not, BOXES. He also would scream "Pencils down! Pencils down!"; we only had 15 ppl in the room. The worst was how he would scream 5mins (once again we are in a small room), I finished all 3 of my LR's with about 3-5 mins left, and it was just nerve wracking just counting down until he screamed Pencils down! Pencils down! Pencils down!

The good is you get a lot of desk room.

+1 I can vouch for the above.

Also, the neighborhood is sketch-central.

When I walked out of the Dec 2012 LSAT, there was a building like 50 meters away that had, no joke, 100 combat ready police officers surrounding it. Hanging out of the window was some giant makeshift banner that read something in Arabic.

I was less than impressed.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

oh, the LSAT in Paris, it's just so romantic.

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:oh, the LSAT in Paris, it's just so romantic.

cal

Postby cal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 am

Speaking of taking the LSAT...in Western Europe...
Has anyone had better experiences taking it in London (in June - the testing center for June is different than other 3 tests)

studyingabroad

Postby studyingabroad » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi everyone, I just joined TLS! I'm the only one taking the LSAT from my university (which is in France) so I'm excited to be surrounded by people who actually know what the LSAT is.

I joined this thread because I'm planning on taking the June LSAT in Paris and I'm looking for a study partner!

Also since the exam is about 6 months away, does anyone have a study-schedule they would recommend? Unfortunately, I'm working full-time so I can only devote about 2 hours a day to studying…

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”