Conditional Reasoning in LR

TryHard

Conditional Reasoning in LR

Postby TryHard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Hey Guys...

I'm having trouble figuring out when to diagram a specific question in LR when there is Conditional Reasoning involved. normally, I can think through easy - medium conditional reasoning questions without diagramming, but some are more difficult for me and require some diagramming. For top scorers, are they diagramming the tough conditional questions? Secondly, how do you decide whether to diagram or not? Conditionals take me an inordinate amount of time to get through...I'm hoping with practice I will get better.

bp shinners

Re: Conditional Reasoning in LR

Postby bp shinners » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:13 pm

TryHard wrote:Hey Guys...

I'm having trouble figuring out when to diagram a specific question in LR when there is Conditional Reasoning involved. normally, I can think through easy - medium conditional reasoning questions without diagramming, but some are more difficult for me and require some diagramming. For top scorers, are they diagramming the tough conditional questions? Secondly, how do you decide whether to diagram or not? Conditionals take me an inordinate amount of time to get through...I'm hoping with practice I will get better.

If it's a Must Be True, Parallel, Parallel Flaw, Flaw, or Sufficient Assumption question with more than one conditional sentence (that shares a term), I diagram it, every time. Easy or hard. When you practice enough, it becomes second nature. And you will run into a question that they word in an intentionally obtuse manner while still making it appear easy - if you don't diagram, it increases the likelihood that you will answer it incorrectly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”