Study Materials: Thoughts on Manhattan LR Guide please?

eliztudorr

Study Materials: Thoughts on Manhattan LR Guide please?

Postby eliztudorr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:19 pm

i am trying to decide if i should purchase more books for LR.

first off, i'm sort of an international student. though i've been in the states for 7 years. my english is still not my strongest. i don't want to use this as an excuse but i find LR a little more difficult to pick up compare to LG, because i read pretty slow. and that's why i'm desperately finding what's the best way to improve this section. and hopefully it will help my RC as well.

here's what i've got so far,
i took the TestMasters full course already. finished the course. now i'm on my own. i finished all the questions printed in the book set they used in the course. but i felt like i didn't fully grasp "how to do the questions" yet. like i only manage to do the questions, but not really LEARNING how to TAKE the TEST (if you know what i mean). also, they were divided into Types. which makes good practice but not as realistic as the test when EVERYTHING is all mixed together. i find it easier to do the same types all together but when i see a PT section, im suddenly dumber...

i have all the PTs available (1-67, still trying to find 68). my plan is to drill them like crazy for the next 4 months.

i have the Powerscore LR and LG in pdf. i only refer to them when im stuck on a certain concept. However, i read on some thread that Powerscores are good for the beginning. That leads to my real questions, what are your thoughts on the Manhattan LR guide? is it worth it? what is the strength of the book? or are there other books or other ways to study?

thank you lots!!! im super addicted to this forum lol this place is my bible!

best luck to all!
Last edited by eliztudorr on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dowu

Re: Study Materials: Thoughts on Manhattan LR Guide please?

Postby dowu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 pm

I bought and read the MH LR guide. It was far superior to every other LR book I've read. Definitely get it. Their "core" approach is their best feature and IMO, the best way to tackle LR.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:46 pm

thanks. i decided to give it a shot.

if anyone have any suggestions, please! feel free to post it up!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm

thanks for the headsup!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”