LR running out of time

longlivetheking

LR running out of time

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 am

hi there,

i'm running out of time on LR almost every time and am really rushing it to finish the section. this is causing me to

1) rush through the early questions without giving wrong answers adequate look (dangerous?)
2) For necessary/sufficient assumptions, once i find the gap after reading the questions, i tend to just block out all the other answers in my mind and zoom to the gap for the question (dangerous?)
3) lack of complete confidence in myself to score high

given this lack of time/confidence, wise to postpone feb to june?

epiphinous7

Re: LR running out of time

Postby epiphinous7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 am

Postpone if youre running out of time.
Do you have prep books? How many practice tests have you done? How many are you getting wrong on each LR?

longlivetheking

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 am

i have all preptests from 1 to 65

i've done nearly 80% of them. i think my greatest problem is self-doubt when doing a question. especially when there is no time to 100% confirm an answer is wrong, i always have this nagging feeling in my mind that 'shit this may be right" even though i clearly see the right answer. how do you people overcome this? sometimes i feel like i go 80% on a question on sure-ness, and 20% clearly is just winging it and hoping for the best.

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

Part of the test is time management. It's probably one of the more difficult parts.

Try to use a little strategy. In the earlier questions you should know what the answer is before reading the choices - or at least have a good idea. If you predict somewhat while you are reading the stimulus, it'll save you some time. I don't think it is dangerous NOT to read every answer choice in the first couple questions because they are easy. Same goes for your second point. I don't think its dangerous if you clearly know what the assumption is while reading the question. It'll give you more time to tackle the harder questions toward the middle/end of the section.

As for postponement, no one can tell if you're ready but you. I think the general consensus is that you shouldn't take the test unless you are totally confident you will own it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”