February or June LSAT

thomasjmai22
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:27 pm

February or June LSAT

Postby thomasjmai22 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:35 am

So recently I considered taking the June test instead, but I wanted some input before I decide. I took the LSAT last year and I was absent from the other one (bad year), so this is my last chance for a while. I have been PTing mostly in the mid 150's (low 150's at times) with my most recent PT a 155. I studied several months last year and have been studying for about 8 weeks now. My weakness is LR so I was thinking about drilling all LR sections while taking full PT's. My target score is a 160. With only a few weeks away from the Feb. test, should I reconsider and take it in June or is it possible to see an increase of 5+ points in a matter of weeks with intense LR drilling?

When reviewing the LR questions that I get wrong, I understand why my answer is wrong and why the correct answer is the best choice. I figured that if I improve by 4-6 questions for each LR section, I should get around my target score. If I don't see this improvement of 4-6 in the next two weeks then I will likely postpone since I probably will score less than 160. Are my expectations unreal with only a few weeks left?

I am applying very late to some schools while I already have some applications in and are pending until my Feb score. I really do not want to put off law school for another cycle. Considering that this is my final test for a while, is this LSAT suicide to not postpone until June?

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: February or June LSAT

Postby crestor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 am

have you taken a prep course?

thomasjmai22
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: February or June LSAT

Postby thomasjmai22 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 am

I did the Blue Print online program a while back. I no longer have access to the videos so I've been using the BP books and full PT's, both old and new.

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: February or June LSAT

Postby crestor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 am

what did you score last year?

i would delay until june and apply for the year after. then again if you are committed to taking the test for rolling admissions next year, remember that taking it 3 times is alot worse than taking it twice.. if you mess up on this and get rejected with 2 bad scores instead of one, then you will be severely disadvantaged.

thomasjmai22
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: February or June LSAT

Postby thomasjmai22 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks for the advice. I withdrew earlier today and I will be studying for June instead.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”