19 Days

fratstar

19 Days

Postby fratstar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm pt-ing in the low 160s I have about 12 tests that are completely untouched. Now If I dont get the score I want (165) i'm gonna end up retaking in June. My question is should I hammer through all my untouched preptests and hope for the best and then just redo exams if I don't hit my mark, or save a couple of them? What would you do ? Thanks

totoro

Re: 19 Days

Postby totoro » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 pm

I would save a few PT's just in case. And 12 PT's in the next 19 days is a lot to do, too.

Have you really done all the other ones? If so, I think you should be able to reach 165. But it's not always the number of PT's you do... since you already seem good on that... it's the quality of your study time and how smartly you study. Make sure you thoroughly review your mistakes on each PT and use the Manhattan online forums to look up their answer explanations for the questions you got wrong. And have you read the Manhattan or Powerscore books? The Manhattan book especially is good for strategy.

fratstar

Postby fratstar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 pm

I generally review all my wrong answers by redoing the problems and the games. I've read through the 2nd edition mslat stuff and going through the third editions now. I haven't taken that many exams (maybe 13) but I've gone through a lot of the other material in the tests through drilling. Ive been studying for like 6 months on and off as my job would allow but right now im no longer working.

totoro

Postby totoro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 pm

That's good. Is there one section you're particularly weak at? Since you don't have much time left, I would suggest getting fast and accurate at LG since that is the section that's the easiest to improve. If you can get -0-3 on LG you should be in really good shape for the rest of the test. In between PTs, it might be good just to drill a bunch of LG sections, which helps to get faster and develop strategies to attack the questions (i.e. try each answer choice, use other questions to eliminate the wrong answer choices, or know when to skip one).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”