doing all pts 2~3 times

hukchobo

doing all pts 2~3 times

Postby hukchobo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 am

It seems as if the consensus here is to only do a handful of pts instead of all of them.. why is that??
I know some ppl who took 1~whatever the latest test is 2~3 times and got mid to high 70s on the real test.. they told me it was real helpful and that i should do the same
I should mention that none of them had jobs and had about 4months total to prepare..
Would anyone recommend this strat?? Does redundant pt practice help?

totoro

Re: doing all pts 2~3 times

Postby totoro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm not sure where you're getting this? I don't believe the consensus on here is to do only a handful - I would say most people recommend 20-30 PT's minimum to be comfortable for the real LSAT. I don't think taking every PT in existence is necessary, since some are difficult to get your hands on, but taking 50-60 definitely prepares you much better than 20-30. If you have the time to study, I would do as many PT's as you can (divide them into ones for section drilling and for full-length tests).

Some people take PT's twice. I don't think this is necessary unless you run out of material. You should use fresh material first. However, it's good to review your past PT's thoroughly to understand why you got them wrong.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:52 pm

totoro wrote:Some people take PT's twice. I don't think this is necessary unless you run out of material. You should use fresh material first. However, it's good to review your past PT's thoroughly to understand why you got them wrong.

This. I think the reason people say "only a handful", as relayed to you, is because there's a general consensus of quality of review over quantity. Blazing through 60 preptests without thorough review is probably going to do less for you than taking 15 and making sure you know exactly why you got each question wrong and struggled on others.

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
totoro wrote:Some people take PT's twice. I don't think this is necessary unless you run out of material. You should use fresh material first. However, it's good to review your past PT's thoroughly to understand why you got them wrong.

This. I think the reason people say "only a handful", as relayed to you, is because there's a general consensus of quality of review over quantity. Blazing through 60 preptests without thorough review is probably going to do less for you than taking 15 and making sure you know exactly why you got each question wrong and struggled on others.

This is very true, I wish I would have known it when I started PTing

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”