Wanna take online course and need help

b33eazy

Wanna take online course and need help

Postby b33eazy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 pm

I am shooting for October (possibly June depending on scores early on) and I want to take an online course. I did self-study for about 4-5 months and I probably did not study properly because I was getting between 130s-140s and just did a terrible job due to timing and understanding patterns. I used Powerscore, and then Manhattan with LSATBlog's schedule.

I would be half way through every section and would hear I got 5 minutes left and did not get down all the concepts. So I think I need more structure and some help from someone. I am leaning towards signing up for Blueprint because of the videos and I am able to have office hours so I can ask all the questions I need.

So my questions are: does that sound like a good idea? Are there any other tips someone can offer?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: Wanna take online course and need help

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Structure definitely can help.

We have live online classes (you get a mic, it's a real class), but we're also about to release an interactive video course - videos in which the teachers asks you questions and responds. If that interests you, pm me and I'll see if I can get you a sneak peek.

pena2200

Postby pena2200 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Self study seems to be the mantra of this site, and it seems to work very well for those motivated enough, and who have enough time to plan and set aside time. I however am not one of those people.

I'm actually currently enrolled in the Blueprint online course and am loving it, and really improving quite drastically. I don't think Blueprint is necessarily the be all end all of LSAT prep, but it works for me because it's entertaining (I can't imagine coming home after work and forcing myself to slough through LGB and LRB) as well as informative.

Ultimately, most of these courses (save for Kaplan probably)teach the same thing effectively, it's just up to you what price and what style you want. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:52 pm

I am also someone who needed the structure of a class and couldn't self-study effectively. But for me, that also meant going into a live class. If something's online, I'll just feel like I can blow it off/do something else online at the same time. Obviously you know yourself best, but if you need something or someone to keep you accountable for your studying, going to a regular in-person class might be better.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 pm

pena2200 wrote:I'm actually currently enrolled in the Blueprint online course and am loving it, and really improving quite drastically. I don't think Blueprint is necessarily the be all end all of LSAT prep, but it works for me because it's entertaining (I can't imagine coming home after work and forcing myself to slough through LGB and LRB) as well as informative.

Quoted for self-serving promotion.

If you have any questions about our online class, shoot me a PM! We can also offer TLS members a discount.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”