To push through or not, that is the question.

RobertGolddust

To push through or not, that is the question.

Postby RobertGolddust » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm looking for some feedback from the kindred minds of TLS. At the point of "burn out,"-which I define as not thinking as clearly as I usually do, with a tint of weariness. Should I take a day or two off? or should I keep pushing on and hope the fog lifts and the scores rise?

And additionally, if I want to give my brain a rest, what is a good activity to fill my time? It is worth noting the previous interrogative sentence presupposes time at the bar or the bawd will not suffice for giving my brain a rest.

- Robert F. Golddust

vzapana

Re: To push through or not, that is the question.

Postby vzapana » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Im assuming you're taking the feb lsat; otherwise, it seems extremely early to be burning out now. If you feel like you're spent, then take a day or 2 off. Tanking PTs can happen when you aren't thinking clearly, and those poor scores can do more damage to you at this critical point of your study than a brief breather. Go do mindless things, like watching a movie- anything that will give your mind time to recover.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Actually, I am taking it in October, maybe December.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Actually, I am taking it in October, maybe December.

Definitely take a break. If you are already burned out you might want to take a month long break since you have 10-12 months to take the test.

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Give yourself a break. If you are feeling burned out, get out of the house. See the light of day. Eat something lol.

I can't focus if I sit and drill problems for hours on end. I'll give myself a little reward every couple hours or hour or so and I'll have a snack or go outside for a few minutes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”