Consistently choking on last logic game

Theopliske8711

Consistently choking on last logic game

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 pm

For some reason, for the last PTs, I have been choking whenever I arrive at the last logic game. I have enough time to spare (10 mins), but even that doesn't seem enough. The first logic game is always very easy, the second and third modest as well, but the fourth always fuks up my work. The latest was PT 37, the last logic game was the swimmers game. The end result is that all the three games I get almost zero wrong (at most, one), but the last game I nearly always screw up. What are some recommendations? I know it's tough, given that this is so heavily psychological.

twenty

Re: Consistently choking on last logic game

Postby twenty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Not sure if there's any truth to this, but people say the first game is (generally) the easiest on recent tests. Of course, if you start with the last one and work backwards, you'll have less time when you get to game 1 (i.e, for you, probably about 6-7 minutes), and that's kind of psychologically terrifying, too.

I'd either keep at it, or maybe try a section in reverse order.

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:maybe try a section in reverse order.

I wouldn't suggest that. The last one typically is the hardest or 2nd hardest so you might just end up not having enough time for the first game which should be gimme points.

Remember, all the questions are worth the same so if you can guarantee yourself those first three games then take it. Just work on familiarizing yourself with more games and they'll come easier. In time you'll have the speed to work through all of them.

kylemba

Postby kylemba » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 pm

How many games have you done total since you've began studying? Games became incredibly easy and repetitive after I worked a massive amount of them. LSAT writers aren't that clever IMHO and tend to repeat analytics behind the games.

Theopliske8711

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 pm

I've done a hefty bunch. The mistakes I make are largely absurd since on review it literally takes me a quick glance to see what I did wrong. I finish games rather quickly when I'm not in a testing mind, but when I'm timing, I get very flustered by the end. Not sure why, it's my favorite section, really.

kylemba

Postby kylemba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:I've done a hefty bunch. The mistakes I make are largely absurd since on review it literally takes me a quick glance to see what I did wrong. I finish games rather quickly when I'm not in a testing mind, but when I'm timing, I get very flustered by the end. Not sure why, it's my favorite section, really.

I was the exact same way. I really found (for me at least) that after working so many that I just 'got it' eventually. The dumb mistakes I made would generally come from me over looking something simple while under pressure. The best advice I can give is to keep drilling the shit out of them and always time your self.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”