February or June? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cestlavie1

New

February or June?

Post by cestlavie1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello,

I am debating whether to take the February or June LSAT. I took the LSAT for the first time in December 2012 and my score was 156. Not surprisingly, I want to re-take.

Although there only remains about one month until the February LSAT, I am still considering studying, re-taking in February, and applying this cycle. Does that sound like a feasible plan, or should I wait until June to re-take and apply for the next cycle?

I bought the Manhattan prep books (LG, LR, and RC) and ready to put in a lot of study time this month. Is it possible to significantly raise my score in less than one month?

Thanks.

jingosaur

Gold

Re: February or June?

Post by jingosaur » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:10 pm

I also took the LSAT in December and didn't do as well as I would have liked. I chose to retake in June because there's too high of a chance that I'll duplicate by bad score and I have 0 interest in applying this cycle since I want an MBA too and don't have enough work experience yet.

I think it's best for you to take a few Preptests in the next week or two and if you score significantly higher than a 156 each time, then it might be worth a try. Otherwise, wait until June. Everyone on these boards also seems to take a "take your time and apply next cycle" approach to these kinds of things.

Nova

Platinum

Re: February or June?

Post by Nova » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Retaking in June and applying in August would almost certainly result in a substantially better cycle.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”