Drilling vs PT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
alacrity

New

Drilling vs PT?

Post by alacrity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

I got at 171 on my first go (official test), but I want to get at least a 173 on my second LSAT.

I've just discovered this forum, and I've noticed that many people distinguish between drilling and taking PTs. It's obvious what taking a PT entails, but what does 'drilling' usually consist of?

Apologies for my ignorance.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Re: Drilling vs PT?

Post by ScottRiqui » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm

alacrity wrote:I got at 171 on my first go (official test), but I want to get at least a 173 on my second LSAT.

I've just discovered this forum, and I've noticed that many people distinguish between drilling and taking PTs. It's obvious what taking a PT entails, but what does 'drilling' usually consist of?

'Drilling" usually involves repetition, doing multiple problems of the same type, rather than a full test section that would have several different types of problems.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:29 pm

alacrity wrote:I got at 171 on my first go (official test), but I want to get at least a 173 on my second LSAT.

Do you mean that you scored 171 on a real, official LSAC administered LSAT (real deal, test day, it counts and goes on your permanent record) or a timed practice test on your own with a previously administered LSAT?

That factor makes a big difference for offering advice or 'what to do' suggestions to you.

If you scored 171 on a real administration first time taking it and have a solid GPA, you should have already submitted applications (or be about to submit them) and be waiting for admission decisions instead of just now trying to figure out the difference between LSAT drilling vs. taking full timed practice tests.

EDIT: I read the other thread you started today with your new TLS user account you registered today to start both threads.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6#p6294166

Your first post in that thread and other two posts are a bit suspicious and setting off my troll detector alarm. If you really have an LSAC adjusted 4.13 GPA with a 4.27 major GPA plus 171 official LSAT score from first and only take, you should be well equipped to be answering questions for other LS hopefuls instead of asking silly questions.
What are my chances at Harvard if I apply on the first day that applications can be submitted?
BTW, Harvard has been accepting applications for this cycle for a while now.

alacrity

New

Post by alacrity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 pm

My 171 (real test, not practice) is below median at Harvard, which is why I plan to retake. I studied for 3.5 months before the test, but my studying consisted only of taking several previously administered LSATs under test conditions. I was honestly unsure of the difference between that method of studying and 'drilling' until Scott posted in this thread.

I plan to apply to schools next cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”