Completing PT in the same room where exam will be conducted

itachiuchiha

Completing PT in the same room where exam will be conducted

Postby itachiuchiha » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm

My professor informed me the exact room where the LSAT is conducted in my university. Has it helped anybody to do practice tests in the room of which the actual administration will be in? Lucky for me, that room is unlocked and accessible. The only time it is filled is when there is a class in there (rarely)

superpippo

Re: Completing PT in the same room where exam will be conducted

Postby superpippo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:My professor informed me the exact room where the LSAT is conducted in my university. Has it helped anybody to do practice tests in the room of which the actual administration will be in? Lucky for me, that room is unlocked and accessible. The only time it is filled is when there is a class in there (rarely)

I mean it couldn't hurt that's for sure. It's a psychological thing. If you PT well there it could boost your confidence to know you're testing well in the actual room. If you do badly, it could have the reverse effect. The effect might be negligible either way.

You're not going to have the people coughing, turning pages, and tapping pencils like you will on the real exam, but it could be useful if you think it will help.

Maybe one concrete advantage could be to practice taking exams on the size of desk you will be using. I used to mark my desk at home with tape to know how to configure my materials proportional to the type of school desks we would be using on exam day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”