Take February LSAT for This Cycle? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
az21833

Silver

Take February LSAT for This Cycle?

Post by az21833 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 am

Would taking and owning the February LSAT help with any t6? Do any of them consider it if they haven't made a decision on you yet?
Last edited by az21833 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Re: Take February LSAT

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 am

Retake 171/3.9?????

Wow.. I think your numbers are good enough to get you virtually anywhere...

I would die to have your numbers :cry:

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 am

RetakeFrenzy wrote:Retake 171/3.9?????

I think you need to set your goals a little higher. OP is out at Y and a tossup at Harvard. In at NYU, and most likely in at one of C/C.

171/3.9 means the OP is reverse splitting medians at a few schools. Two extra points on the LSAT means s/he would be helping schools in USNWR rather than hurting them.

Trouble is, most of the T6 (save Yale) will have most of their decisions handed out by February. They won't want to hold a spot for you. I'd say submit your applications this year as they are. If you don't like what you get, retake and reapply next cycle.

If you're sure you can get a better score in Feb, maybe retake for scholarships but ask schools to consider your app without waiting for the new score.

az21833

Silver

Post by az21833 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 am

TripTrip wrote:

I think you need to set your goals a little higher. OP is out at Y and a tossup at Harvard. In at NYU, and most likely in at one of C/C.

171/3.9 means the OP is reverse splitting medians at a few schools. Two extra points on the LSAT means s/he would be helping schools in USNWR rather than hurting them.

Trouble is, most of the T6 (save Yale) will have most of their decisions handed out by February. They won't want to hold a spot for you. I'd say submit your applications this year as they are. If you don't like what you get, retake and reapply next cycle.

If you're sure you can get a better score in Feb, maybe retake for scholarships but ask schools to consider your app without waiting for the new score.
agreed im out at hys and 50/50 at ccn - which I already knew. What I came to ask was whether taking the February LSAT would help me specifically for admission at HYSCCN. Is the official word that only Yale will look at it and for the others it will be too late?

many thanks everybody.

az21833

Silver

Take February LSAT for this Cycle?

Post by az21833 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 am

Did a little digging around and this is what I found below. Unless I am misinterpreting, taking the February LSAT would only matter for Yale out of the t6 and for 7-14, a 171 should be enough. Given all this, for admissions purposes, there does not seem much rationale for taking it again just for a pipe dream at yale at the tail end of the cycle?

Harvard - NO "Results of the February LSAT normally will not be considered in the current application cycle (e.g., results of the February 2013 LSAT will normally not be considered for applicants to the class entering in 2013)."

Columbia - NO "Similarly, the last LSAT score that we accept for Regular Decision applicants is from the December test administration."

Stanford - NO "Stanford applicants for Fall 2013 admission must take the test no later than the December 2012 administration. "

Chicago - NO "You may take the December LSAT, but we advise you to submit all other required application materials in advance of the test so that the LSAT will be the final component of your application. "

NYU - NO "Applicants must take the LSAT no later than December 2012 in order to apply to enter in the fall 2013 semester."

Yale - YES "The February LSAT is the last test we will consider for admission for the fall. "

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

az21833 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

agreed im out at hys and 50/50 at ccn - which I already knew. What I came to ask was whether taking the February LSAT would help me specifically for admission at HYSCCN. Is the official word that only Yale will look at it and for the others it will be too late?

many thanks everybody.
Basically, yes. It is useful for scholarships (some of which don't go out until April), but unfortunately won't help your admissions much this cycle.

az21833

Silver

Re: Take February LSAT for This Cycle?

Post by az21833 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 am

got it. seems pretty explicit. i think what il do is apply this cycle. if i dont like what i get, study for june retake then and apply at the beginning of next cycle. but if i get t6 somewhere i think im headed this cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”