December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby onionz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 pm

99.9luft wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:There is no way 25,000 more people are going to apply in the next few weeks. It looks like law schools (including the T-14) are going to be soiling themselves over the huge drop. Happy days are here today.


i think it's possible to hit 50k applicants by mid-march, after most schools' deadlines have passed (there are still some april 1+ deadlines). We must also account for the influx of Feb lsat takers.

I'll call it now, just for fun: this cycle will have at least 10k less applicants than last. That means a total of 58k or less (last year was 68k).

This is exciting, indeed.


It's projected to have around 53k applicants, so you have a really safe bet there.

Of note is info from a Duke post: 86 schools have an applicant decrease of more than 30%, the majority have a 10%+, and only 7 schools have more applicants by now than this time last year: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=719 ... hare=b43b6

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm

onionz wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:There is no way 25,000 more people are going to apply in the next few weeks. It looks like law schools (including the T-14) are going to be soiling themselves over the huge drop. Happy days are here today.


i think it's possible to hit 50k applicants by mid-march, after most schools' deadlines have passed (there are still some april 1+ deadlines). We must also account for the influx of Feb lsat takers.

I'll call it now, just for fun: this cycle will have at least 10k less applicants than last. That means a total of 58k or less (last year was 68k).

This is exciting, indeed.


It's projected to have around 53k applicants, so you have a really safe bet there.

Of note is info from a Duke post: 86 schools have an applicant decrease of more than 30%, the majority have a 10%+, and only 7 schools have more applicants by now than this time last year: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=719 ... hare=b43b6


Oh really? projected where/by whom?

Thanks for the Duke info, that's very interesting (i am surprised that Duke is one of the 7 increases).

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby onionz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm

99.9luft wrote:
onionz wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:There is no way 25,000 more people are going to apply in the next few weeks. It looks like law schools (including the T-14) are going to be soiling themselves over the huge drop. Happy days are here today.


i think it's possible to hit 50k applicants by mid-march, after most schools' deadlines have passed (there are still some april 1+ deadlines). We must also account for the influx of Feb lsat takers.

I'll call it now, just for fun: this cycle will have at least 10k less applicants than last. That means a total of 58k or less (last year was 68k).

This is exciting, indeed.


It's projected to have around 53k applicants, so you have a really safe bet there.

Of note is info from a Duke post: 86 schools have an applicant decrease of more than 30%, the majority have a 10%+, and only 7 schools have more applicants by now than this time last year: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=719 ... hare=b43b6


Oh really? projected where/by whom?

Thanks for the Duke info, that's very interesting (i am surprised that Duke is one of the 7 increases).


Projected by math:

If there were ~68k applicants last year, a 20-21% reduction is ~53/54k.
To look at it another way, if we already have 27891 applicants accounting for 51% of applicants, that's 54k applicants.

Yay math.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Get ready for some truly egregious shit w/r/t "constructive open admissions." LSAT 25ths to the 130s - it's gonna happen. If it hasn't already, when are the numbers getting published?!?

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby skri65 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm

99.9luft wrote:
onionz wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:There is no way 25,000 more people are going to apply in the next few weeks. It looks like law schools (including the T-14) are going to be soiling themselves over the huge drop. Happy days are here today.


i think it's possible to hit 50k applicants by mid-march, after most schools' deadlines have passed (there are still some april 1+ deadlines). We must also account for the influx of Feb lsat takers.

I'll call it now, just for fun: this cycle will have at least 10k less applicants than last. That means a total of 58k or less (last year was 68k).

This is exciting, indeed.


It's projected to have around 53k applicants, so you have a really safe bet there.

Of note is info from a Duke post: 86 schools have an applicant decrease of more than 30%, the majority have a 10%+, and only 7 schools have more applicants by now than this time last year: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=719 ... hare=b43b6


Oh really? projected where/by whom?

Thanks for the Duke info, that's very interesting (i am surprised that Duke is one of the 7 increases).



Just do the math. As of 1/18/13, there were 27,891 applicants. As of this point last year, LSAC had 51% of the total lsac applicant count.


Predicted Total Applicant Count * 0.51= 27,891
27891 / 0.51 = predicted 54,688 applicants

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

oninz and skri65:

thanks, it's funny my mind didn't even go in the direction of calculating it myself.

Yeah then i can see how my 58k prediction is really safe...hmmm. Could it be less than 50k? that would be wonderful.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Wormfather wrote:Even Cooley's getting desperate.

Image


nice.

What's up Worm! how is your cycle?

User avatar
bandenjamin
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby bandenjamin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Even Cooley's getting desperate.

Image


nice.

What's up Worm! how is your cycle?


It's clearly epic. He got in to the #2 school in the nation w/an honors scholarship!

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 pm

bandenjamin wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Even Cooley's getting desperate.

Image


nice.

What's up Worm! how is your cycle?


It's clearly epic. He got in to the #2 school in the nation w/an honors scholarship!


WHOA. Amazing! So proud of Worm-daddy :)

User avatar
scottyc66
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby scottyc66 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Wormfather wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
What's up Worm! how is your cycle?


In at Harvard and fully at UVA. Still waiting on other schools. :D

Damn that must feel good to say, in at Harvard. Congrats, man.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Wormfather wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
What's up Worm! how is your cycle?


In at Harvard and fully at UVA. Still waiting on other schools. :D


Image

User avatar
bandenjamin
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: December LSAT Admin. Down 15.6%, Applicants Down 22.1%

Postby bandenjamin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
What's up Worm! how is your cycle?


In at Harvard and fully at UVA. Still waiting on other schools. :D


Image


Well so it should have been EPIC!! :D Nice work!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pneumonia, rk42 and 5 guests