Is it normal to do better on one LR section than the other? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ce255

New

Is it normal to do better on one LR section than the other?

Post by ce255 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:33 am

Or should they be pretty similar? Just finished with a PT, and for LR I I got 17/26 while for LR II I got 19/24. Is LR II easier? Are there different types of questions that are more likely to be in either section? What's been your experiences with the two sections?

Nova

Platinum

Re: Is it normal to do better on one LR section than the other?

Post by Nova » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:34 am

ce255 wrote:Or should they be pretty similar?
In general, they are similar. You are just still inconsistant (-14).
Is LR II easier?
In general, no.
Are there different types of questions that are more likely to be in either section?
No.

ce255

New

Post by ce255 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Nova, do you think it could also be b/c I feel more comfortable with LR after finishing the first section that I do better on the second?

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

ce255 wrote:Nova, do you think it could also be b/c I feel more comfortable with LR after finishing the first section that I do better on the second?
Maybe. Maybe not. The first time I took the test I went -4, and -10. The second LR was more difficult than the first for sure. The second time I went -4, -0. In LR1, 3 out of 4 were careless errors in the first ten questions, so maybe feeling more comfortable had something to do with it.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 am

ce255 wrote:Nova, do you think it could also be b/c I feel more comfortable with LR after finishing the first section that I do better on the second?
Thats possible. Maybe doing a few warm up questions or reviewing a LR section you have already completed first could help with that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 am

Actually, someone (LSAC?) has put out a study showing that generally, one LR section (not LR section 1 lol) is a tad but more difficult than the other. Most people see this sort of thing on their breakdowns. Also, the harder section is totally random; it could be the first LR section or the second.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 am

Good point, Nmop. Some LR sections are tougher than others for sure. But the difference in difficulty is typically relatively close.

The answer to the actual thread title is yes. It happens all the time. Test takers usually wont miss the exact same amount of questions on both sections.

-9/-5 says to me that there is probably something else going on, other than a difference in difficulty. Your case, OP, seems more like a slow start problam that will be solved over time through practice and repetition. It could also be that the problems that came up on section 1 just happened to be question types you are weaker on. Or maybe it was just a random hiccup.

ce255

New

Post by ce255 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

thanks everyone.. this is all really helpful!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”