Is "180watch" still in business?

LawyerBrah

Is "180watch" still in business?

Postby LawyerBrah » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 am

Their website doesn't seem to be updated therefore making me hesitant to place an order. It says the next LSAT exam is in October.

Anyone have information about them?

jackbauer10

Re: Is "180watch" still in business?

Postby jackbauer10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:26 am

LawyerBrah wrote:Their website doesn't seem to be updated therefore making me hesitant to place an order. It says the next LSAT exam is in October.

I made my own. Saved me the $50 and worked like a charm!!
Last edited by jackbauer10 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LawyerBrah

Postby LawyerBrah » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:31 am

jackbauer10 wrote:
LawyerBrah wrote:Their website doesn't seem to be updated therefore making me hesitant to place an order. It says the next LSAT exam is in October.

I made my own by cutting out a triangle the size of 25 minutes on sticker paper and practicing peeling it off and moving it around on my watch. Basically allowed me to see exactly how much time I had left. Pm me and I'll send you a picture of what Im talking about. Saved me the $50 and worked like a charm!!

cutting paper into triangles the size of 25 minutes

What am i, a scientist?

:D

hopefulapp

Postby hopefulapp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 am

Just reset your normal, $10 watch back to "12" before each section. Not rocket science here, folks.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am

hopefulapp wrote:Just reset your normal, $10 watch back to "12" before each section. Not rocket science here, folks.

That's not why the 180watch is great. It resets the second hand, too. It also ticks nearly silently, and it resets with a single button press. Those are all creature comforts for sure, but they also aren't on any cheaper watch.

chem!

Postby chem! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am

cahwc12 wrote:
hopefulapp wrote:Just reset your normal, $10 watch back to "12" before each section. Not rocket science here, folks.

That's not why the 180watch is great. It resets the second hand, too. It also ticks nearly silently, and it resets with a single button press. Those are all creature comforts for sure, but they also aren't on any cheaper watch.

It may have cost a bit too much, but it made a huge difference in my anxiety level to know EXACTLY how much time I had left. I used every one of those seconds.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 am

cahwc12 wrote:

Buy a cheap ass stop-watch.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 am

dingbat wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

Buy a cheap ass stop-watch.

You need a chronograph, which are much more expensive. Any cheap stop-watch will be digital, which is forbidden. If you want to know (to the second) your time remaining and not have loud ticking, then this is the only watch in that price range.

It's not going to win you LSAT points, but it's just very reassuring to know exactly how much time I have remaining on a section. I've used it twice for two LSATs and in every PT for months without issue. Also, although $50 is a tad expensive, I think it's worth even that cost. The fact that they re-sell on places like TLS for probably $25-30 makes the deal a no-brainer to me.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I want one of these.. every time I check the website though, it says that they are backordered. Hope they become available again. =\

If anyone knows where I can buy a used one, please PM.

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:48 pm

jackbauer10 wrote:

I made my own by cutting out a triangle the size of 25 minutes on sticker paper and practicing peeling it off and moving it around on my watch. Basically allowed me to see exactly how much time I had left. Pm me and I'll send you a picture of what Im talking about. Saved me the $50 and worked like a charm!!

During the test, when you remove the sticker paper from the watch face in order to reposition it, doesn't it become a prohibited item, since it is not on the approved list?
Last edited by Cerebro on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Cerebro wrote:
jackbauer10 wrote:

During the test, when you remove the sticker paper from the watch face in order to reposition it, doesn't it become a prohibited item, since it is not on the approved list?

On that note, wouldn't it be prohibited regardless? If I was a proctor and I saw someone removing/applying sticker paper, or even saw it was there, my first thought would be "cheater!"

jackbauer10

Postby jackbauer10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm

hmmm. . . :roll: :lol:
Last edited by jackbauer10 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Njdeh

Postby Njdeh » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

They updated the page, it now says February 2013 for the next LSAT date, but it is back ordered :/

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 pm

I made my own by putting scores (with a knife) into the face of a cheap watch every 8:45, and then filling the score with ink (highlighter or whatever).

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Just use a normal watch and set it to 11:25 at the start of each section. It will count down exactly to noon and you'll be done with the section. No 180watch, stopwatch or chronograph needed. :|

Postby 03152016 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:I made my own by putting scores (with a knife) into the face of a cheap watch every 8:45, and then filling the score with ink (highlighter or whatever).

How many 8:45s are on your watch?

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:40 pm

As an aside, I love the strategies here that indicate that people who care significantly about every last second waste some of those precious seconds on a strategy to know how many seconds they have.

Just use the freaking clock at the front of the room

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Is it really that hard to just write the starting time at the top of your test booklet, add 35 minutes, and then write the ending time?Takes me like 5 seconds.

Postby 03152016 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

dingbat wrote:As an aside, I love the strategies here that indicate that people who care significantly about every last second waste some of those precious seconds on a strategy to know how many seconds they have.

There's always a gap, though. It isn't a huge thing, but it is good to know how much time you have to revisit previous questions in a given section. The "down to the last second" thing should only be for confirmation/error correction.

epiphinous7

Postby epiphinous7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:12 pm

dingbat wrote:As an aside, I love the strategies here that indicate that people who care significantly about every last second waste some of those precious seconds on a strategy to know how many seconds they have.

I remember the clock for my first test was behind us. Not that I used it but Im pretty sure they wouldve frowned at me flipping around and annoying everyone around me.
I dont understand why youd wanna count every 8:45. If youre not prepped enough to set your own pace and rhythm and just glance at your time now and then - your screwed anyhow.
Just buy a cheap watch and put it back to 12 every new section.
Obsessing over how much time you have left for each part of each section is gonna distract you & counter-intuitively WASTE YOUR TIME....

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 pm

epiphinous7 wrote:

I remember the clock for my first test was behind us. Not that I used it but Im pretty sure they wouldve frowned at me flipping around and annoying everyone around me.
I dont understand why youd wanna count every 8:45. If youre not prepped enough to set your own pace and rhythm and just glance at your time now and then - your screwed anyhow.
Just buy a cheap watch and put it back to 12 every new section.
Obsessing over how much time you have left for each part of each section is gonna distract you & counter-intuitively WASTE YOUR TIME....

^this + 100

Constantly obsessing about how much time remains per section, even down to the second(s) throughout each section is a bad way to use your time and issue to focus much of your mental energy on while taking the test. You should be using as much of your available mental energy and concentration power focused on analyzing and solving the questions rather than adding in the role of being down to the second time keeper.

When somebody is well practiced and truly ready to take the test and achieve a score high in ones potential score range, (s)he should have already developed a good internal sense of time and pacing so that all that is needed, if at all, is to spot check the time a few at most times per section (three or four times maximum per section). Any more than three or four times shows that the test taker is likely stressing out and overly paying attention to time instead of the materials at hand.

For the timer obsessed people, try taking a full timed test or at least a few sections without using a timer, except to be reminded when five minutes remain and when time is up. It will be hard at first, but while you do this, pay attention to how many times you want to or do check the time and how often during each section you think/worry about the amount of time remaining in order to get an idea of how much time and distracted focus you are wasting by overly paying attention to and worrying about time remaining.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

dingbat wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:I made my own by putting scores (with a knife) into the face of a cheap watch every 8:45, and then filling the score with ink (highlighter or whatever).

How many 8:45s are on your watch?

Every 8 minutes, 45 seconds beginning at :25.

Malakai

Postby Malakai » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:33 am

bump.

Wondering if anyone ordered from here recently?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”