I'll pay you to take the LSAT for me.... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WanderingPondering

Bronze

Re: I'll pay you to take the LSAT for me....

Post by WanderingPondering » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:10 pm

My friends mom offered me 2k to take the SAT for her son who couldn't break 1000 on the test. I didn't do it and he ended up dropping out of Arizona State after one semester.

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:My friends mom offered me 2k to take the SAT for her son who couldn't break 1000 on the test. I didn't do it and he ended up dropping out of Arizona State after one semester.
That's a failure of a mom. Why couldn't her son do JC, get good grades there, and then be able to transfer? :roll:

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:08 pm

boblawlob wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:My friends mom offered me 2k to take the SAT for her son who couldn't break 1000 on the test. I didn't do it and he ended up dropping out of Arizona State after one semester.
That's a failure of a mom. Why couldn't her son do JC, get good grades there, and then be able to transfer? :roll:
Some people aren't smart enough for college. Mom shouldn't push them into it. The world needs more plumbers

biggemflowers

New

Post by biggemflowers » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 am

I agree I feel like this could be easily done. I mean getting a ID is a joke along with just getting passport photo of the person taking it for you.

Cerebro

Bronze

Post by Cerebro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:01 pm

lawhopeful10 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like you would just need a fake ID with the photo of the person pretending to be you's picture on there and then they go to a right aid or cvs and have their picture taken and they are in.
Anyone who is stupid enough to try to hire someone to take a test for them is not smart enough to think through all of the potential problems that would be incurred by such an act.

1. Most likely, you will be found out... if not now, then at some point in the future.
2. Even if you were "lucky" and were able to actually get a score through such fraudulent means, at a minimum, the signature and/or the writing sample would be enough to prove that the person who took the test was not who they claimed to be. I honestly don't know whether LSAC keeps your picture on file or not, but I don't see why they wouldn't.
3. If there is EVER any question about the legitimacy of your LSAT score, it WILL come back to haunt you.
4. In the unlikely event that such a cheater would end up in a successful career, you'll always have to live with the fact that at least one other person in the world knows your secret, and who knows whether or when he/she/they will pop out of the woodwork and try to blackmail you or try to take you down for some random/political reason. (See point #1.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

biggemflowers

New

Post by biggemflowers » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 pm

How would they suspect it was illegitimate?? They don't know you! They don't know anything about you prior to the test! The writing sample would make no difference. And since when do they double check your signature? They dont.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:14 pm

biggemflowers wrote:How would they suspect it was illegitimate?? They don't know you! They don't know anything about you prior to the test! The writing sample would make no difference. And since when do they double check your signature? They dont.
You are exactly the kind of person that would not be able to pull this off because you fail to comprehend the actual challenges.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

paratactical wrote:
biggemflowers wrote:How would they suspect it was illegitimate?? They don't know you! They don't know anything about you prior to the test! The writing sample would make no difference. And since when do they double check your signature? They dont.
You are exactly the kind of person that would not be able to pull this off because you fail to comprehend the actual challenges.
I think the other poster's point is that you have thus far failed to state an actual challenge. Saying "you'll definitely get caught" is not the same thing as explaining why that's the case. If you have so much more insight than the above poster, please enumerate the reasons one is likely to be caught on test day. I'm curious myself.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:35 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
paratactical wrote:
I think the other poster's point is that you have thus far failed to state an actual challenge. Saying "you'll definitely get caught" is not the same thing as explaining why that's the case. If you have so much more insight than the above poster, please enumerate the reasons one is likely to be caught on test day. I'm curious myself.
I don't think you'd get caught on test day. HTH.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Shmoopy

Bronze

Post by Shmoopy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:37 pm

-
Last edited by Shmoopy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 pm

I'd bet LSAC scans the photos on the ticket. Then, they send that ticket to the schools with your file. Everything is good until the point in which you attend the school and they see that your picture doesn't match the picture of the person they admitted. You guys are underestimating LSAC and the adcoms.

Chances are that you would not be caught on test day, but you would for sure be caught at some point, without a doubt.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:02 pm

I dream of one day forcing my (nearly identical) sister to pay me to take the GMAT for her since test-taking is my only skill. How much should I charge her, in this elaborate fantasy?

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

francesfarmer wrote:I dream of one day forcing my (nearly identical) sister to pay me to take the GMAT for her since test-taking is my only skill. How much should I charge her, in this elaborate fantasy?
Depends.... do you like her?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm

dingbat wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:I dream of one day forcing my (nearly identical) sister to pay me to take the GMAT for her since test-taking is my only skill. How much should I charge her, in this elaborate fantasy?
Not really.

Edit: her husband is active duty so she's gonna get on that sweet GI bill shit and I fucking hate her for it (let me know if this is not a thing and I will adjust my price accordingly)

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Not really.
$500 up front, then 1% of all future income for every 100 points

If you can't trust her iro the future income, make it $5000 upfront and 10 * the actual score when it's received (or you'll "confess" before she matriculates)

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm

dingbat wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Not really.
$500 up front, then 1% of all future income for every 100 points

If you can't trust her iro the future income, make it $5000 upfront and 10 * the actual score when it's received (or you'll "confess" before she matriculates)
I would definitely go with the second model. She is, as one might say, "IR8AF" and gets fired a lot.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”