February retake question

nmare

February retake question

Postby nmare » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm an URM (MA) and received a disappointing December LSAT score. I've read that most top schools wait until around April to admit URMs--leaving me with the question on whether I should take the February LSAT or wait for next cycle ( :( ). I want in the t6, with HYS being my goal, or a t14 with $$$. On that note, I realize HS along with Columbia and NYU do not accept February scores--does anyone know how difficult it is to get these schools to allow my late application? Thanks in advance.

nmare

Re: February retake question

Postby nmare » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Score was 160, pting at ~163 with a high of 166.
GPA: 3.5

I understand that to be competitive at a T6 I will need a 168+. I am confident that with another full month of prep I can reach this--I studied for about a month and a half for December.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Retake. Don't waste URM status.

Look at Noodley's retake guide.

edit: I'd prep for Feb and if day before test I felt unsure about my performance, then I'd withdraw and see how this cycle shakes out (presuming that you've already applied). If you don't like it, wait a cycle.
Last edited by boblawlob on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm

boblawlob wrote:Retake. Don't waste URM status.

Look at Noodley's retake guide.

edit: I'd prep for Feb and if day before test I felt unsure about my performance, then I'd cancel and see how this cycle shakes out (presuming that you've already applied). If you don't like it, wait a cycle.

+1

nmare

Postby nmare » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Appreciate the responses. Does anyone have any info in regards to my last question concerning the t6 and them accepting the February lsat?

nmare

Postby nmare » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 pm

bump. I haven't sent out any apps yet but am wondering if I should before some of the February deadlines for 5/6 T6 schools. If I send out apps with my current LSAT, how would I ask them to wait to consider my February LSAT--thus technically making my application incomplete until March scores come out. Email? LSAT addendum?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”