Did I error starting with Manhattan LR, not LR Bible

cause8191

Did I error starting with Manhattan LR, not LR Bible

Postby cause8191 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:57 pm

I have heard that Manhattan's LR approach is more intuitive and assumes we know a lot about critical thinking, while Powerscore's is more mechanical, comprehensive, and is designed to teach the basics of critical thinking. After my diagnostic last month, I went straight into Manhattan LR (without knowing this) and felt like I got little from it. My biggest problem on the entire LSAT is with assumption family questions, but all Manhattan told me to do was to "fill the gap." I need help with breaking down the argument and getting a portrait of that argument in head. Manhattan did not do this for me.

I don't have much experience with logic or philosophy, so I was thinking that the LR Bible can help me with this and set me up for 170+. Can it?

itachiuchiha

Re: Did I error starting with Manhattan LR, not LR Bible

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:59 pm

you made no error. just do the lr bible, and if you want, go back to the manhattan later in your prep

natashka85

Re: Did I error starting with Manhattan LR, not LR Bible

Postby natashka85 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 am

It's not an error,I hate powerscore bible it helps u w general understanding but it doesn't help u w your score,so manhattan lr is better than powerscore ,u did the right thing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”